Chapter 24 (This is only the begining)

Chapter 24 (This is only the begining)

A Chapter by Treston Seek

Chapter 24

                I arrive at the house, and the door is busted open. The fight must have been brutal; I don’t think anyone is here. I start to check the rooms for any sign of life, but I find that no one is here. Suddenly I get a strange smell in the air, I recognize it quickly, and it is blood. The smell of it is driving me crazy, as I look for the source of the smell. My body feels like it is floating above the ground, and my skin starts to harden. Now it’s happening without any emotion controlling it? “Why?” I say to myself, but my voice is different it almost sounds like a demon is speaking for me in a low scratchy voice.

                “What is going on?” I say again, not recognizing this voice as my own. I sense a new smell in the air, and the air seems to thicken like a fog is rolling in. What is happening? I start to grow wings, and they are huge and black with jagged points at the ends like a bat. My medium length hair strangely gets longer, growing to my mid-back. The rest of it drops over my face, covering my red eyes. I start to grow claws and my skin is hard but soft at the same time, like some sort of dragon skin. “Is this my Nephilim form?”

                I hear a sound in the distance and then suddenly, as if I had foreseen it before it happened, Bo busts through the door. He starts to shoot at me and as I wonder why, my body is dodging the bullets with ease almost as if it was second nature to me. Bo closes in and is about to punch me in the face and as he reaches up his hand and goes for the blow I grab his fist, like I knew it was going to happen. “Who are you, and what have you done with my boys?!” Bo screams at me. I toss him back with ease, and he is sent flying into a wall.

               

 

“I forgot your motto” I say with a laugh. “Shoot first, ask questions later right?” “How do you know that?” he says as he picks himself up off the floor. “It’s me, Damien” I say as my body slowly starts to transform back to my human form. “What the hell happened to you kid?” “You scared me half to death this time” he says with a laugh. “Sorry it just sort of kicked on this time, as soon as I smelt blood in the air” I explain to him.

                “Must have been angel blood” Bo says as he walks over to the sight of the blood that I couldn’t find earlier. I follow him close, as he smells the blood more closely on the ground. “Definitely angel blood” he says while taking a glance at me. “Why would I act to angel blood like that?” I say with a confused look. “Nephilim are strange creatures…” he says as he is trying to remember why Nephilim react this way. Then as if a light bulb clicked on, he remembers. “In order to survive, Nephilim, over the years have eaten the souls of multiple angels and demons” “So naturally your natural born instincts kicked in and your body reacted to the blood, even if your mind didn’t”

                “But why?” I ask while trying to piece it together on my own.  “You need it to survive Damien, which is just a fact of life for a Nephilim” he says with a chuckle. “I have survived for 16 years without even the little bit of blood from anything, so how am I still alive?” I say challengingly. “You survived Damien because of me, just smelling me is enough was enough for you to find me, why else do you think you sought me out all those years ago?” he says quickly without hesitation, making my statement look stupid. “But if I didn’t drink it or whatever then how do I survive?” I say even more confused.

                “You don’t need to drink it or eat it, you just need to be around it”. “You feed off of our power that is why a Nephilim is so advanced in battle.” “The reason why your body guards died that day wasn’t because they were weak, it was because you and Peter made them weak”. “When Nephilim are first born they are at their most powerful because they consume everything around them”.

“That is why we put the most skilled demons with you, but not even they could withstand you and your brother’s powers” he says as he grabs his chest. “How come you are not drained then, like they were...?” “Because you were already through your most powerful stages when you found me, why do you think that they didn’t find you until now?” he said standing proudly.  “The reason why is because you and Peter were able to control your power since the day your body guards died, ever since that day, up until now, you were able to suppress your Nephilim powers” he says while looking down. “And that is why they have taken Peter…”

                “They took Peter?” I scream, while body feels like it is going to transform again. “Yes they did but calm down” he says while holding my shoulder and looking me in the eye. “Ok…” I say while looking back at him. “So how do you know they took Peter?” I say while trying to make heads and tails of this situation. “I was fighting them off to the best of my ability but then something happened, something I never expected” Bo says while looking down. “What happened?” I say confused. “Peter he…he…he went with them all on his own” he says while looking me straight in the eye with anger.

                “He what?” I say while getting angrier then I was before. “They told him that they could train him, make him see what true power was”. “He is like I was, seeking power no matter where it comes from, not realizing that I was hurting everyone around me more then I imagined”. “We have to get him back!” I say in confidence. Bo is shocked at my new persona. “No one can kill a Nephilim except for another Nephilim, they will keep him alive no matter what, that gives us some time to think of a strategy.

                “So we are just going to let him go now?” I say while looking down. “We have to, there is nothing we can do, and neither you nor I have enough strength to defeat them at this current state” Bo says while looking down as well. “But I will teach you everything I know and hopefully then…no I know that then we can defeat the b******s who have him in their grip” he says with confidence building up inside him. “Right…looks like we are going to be in one hell of a party” I say with a chuckle.



© 2013 Treston Seek


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting spin on nephilim. Good job.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on December 17, 2013
Last Updated on December 17, 2013


Author

Treston Seek
Treston Seek

Barstow, CA



About
Just a really good comment-er lol more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Treston Seek