August 1

August 1

A Chapter by Calypso

August 1

            From the way Janna sounded I’m on my way out. I’m not sure what hoops I’m going to have to jump threw to graduate.

            She said if I stay on track I will graduate on August 24; pending, of course.  That’s not soon, that’s three weeks from now!

            All day my head has been killing me and I feel like I want to puke. I woke up with a headache and went threw out my day with an even worse headache.

            I asked Janna for Tylenol, but she warned that that I could only have two a day. I fought her saying that the bottle says someone of my age can have 6 a day. She just curled her upper lip and said that they don’t want people abusing that rule. 

            Janna told me to go to the nurse. There the nurse gave me a piece of paper that I had to sign. When I signed it I agreed to not try to kill myself with the Tylenol, murder anyone with it, sell it, help someone kill themselves, help someone kill someone else or snort it. I signed it quickly because I thought it was silly.

            The nurse came back with two red and blue Tylenol is a Styrofoam cup and a four-ounce serving of apple juice.

            The pills didn’t help my headache at all. My head seemed to pound. Every time my heart bit I could feel the blood hit the sore spot and I would wince.

            In group therapy everyone’s voice hurt terribly.

            I didn’t want to come straight out and tell Janna that my head was hurting me. I was afraid that if I did she would think that I’m selfish and self-centered.

            So I moaned and whimpered. Not loudly of course. The pain had caused tears to come to me eyes. I kept thinking of my bed at home. I didn’t even care if there is a bed here, I would rather be there then here.

            “Aelge?” Janna called out. I wanted to scream because her voice became louder when she called my name.

            “What.” I hissed abruptly not carrying. I’m trash anyways, why should I try from not being that.

            “Are you okay?”

            I rubbed my forehead and winced at the pain it caused. “I’m okay.” My voice was gentler. “Never better.”

            So Janna went on and I could feel shivers creep all over me. It felt as if someone had dumped ice water on to me. I was flipping cold and shivering.

            After group therapy a terrible wave of nausea set in. I wasn’t hungry, even the sight of food made me sick.

            Dinner was hamburgers with peas and fries. Janna once again watched over the four of us eat.

            “Are you sure you’re okay?” She asked me.

            “Of course. I just…”

            And at that point I vomited all over my food, Eva’s food, Eva herself, and April. They both screamed and Janna looked green.

            “Sorry, sorry.” I mumbled as I cleaned my self up.

            “Why don’t you go to the nurse?” Janna sighed.

            Once in the nurses’ I ended up in the infirmary. I wasn’t sick enough to go to the hospital, but sick enough for the nurse to ask me stay the night. Apparently they don’t want me to puke all over the place.

            The same nurse from earlier placed a trashcan by my bed.

            A doctor came in for 3 minutes because the nurse taught I was at the beginning stages of the flu. He told her to give me a flu shot and see how things are in the morning.

            I quickly told the nurse that I was supposed to go home tomorrow. She has that I could leave if I wanted to tomorrow.

            The infirmary is worse then the hospital. At least there you have TV. There are three beds and no privacy. Normally the people who end up in the infirmary have vomited or have diarrhea and no one’s sure if they should go to the hospital.

            I was the only one there tonight. Oh joy.

            Though I was lucky. I was glad that I always kept my phone, journal and a book in my purse. Other wise I would be bored senseless right now.

            I tried to go on to the Internet for the first time since I was here and I found out that my cell phone was out of signal.

            It’s 7pm now and I think I would much rather be asleep.



© 2012 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poor thing. Three weeks may seem like forever, but really it's a short time. Especially if youre sick

Posted 12 Years Ago


A crisis. I was thinking she might have gotten sick from guilt over what had happened with her boyfriend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh god i have no idea what i would do if i vomited on my friends...or if one of my friends vomited one me :) Great chapter!

xoxo Caitlyn xoxo

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a wonderfully descriptive chapter. Really involved with this character.

Posted 13 Years Ago


As always, this is a really good chapter. I enjoyed reading it.
Still, the flu is gross. This is a cool chapter. I'm glad you brought the tone down after the last chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

669 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 28, 2011
Last Updated on May 7, 2012
Tags: Therapy, Bulimia, Pastor's kid, journal, rehab


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


August 23 August 23

A Chapter by Calypso


July 20 July 20

A Chapter by Calypso