June 13

June 13

A Chapter by Calypso

June 13

This is my third day here and I’ve started to get used to things. First off I’m used to having no freedoms. Janna walks use to the bathroom in groups; she takes us to therapy in groups. Today during free time Janna told me that I have an appointment with my therapist, Dr. Small. I was nervous and as we were walking I tapped on the wall.  

            “1 e and a 2”, I mumbled. For some reason that pattern calm my nerves the most. 2 e and a 3, I tapped.

            Janna turned around to see what I was doing and I felt embarrassed. I’ve always hated for anyone to know about my little rituals. Then anger swelled up so I placed my hand on the wall. When ever I’m angry I have to run my hand over something.

            In Dr. Small’s office there were three pillows on the couch. I had to put the three pillows in the floor. Then I tapped on the center pillow twice, then the right one three times and the left one once. I had the silly feeling that if I didn’t do that I would have a bad day. While I was tapping the pillows Dr. Small was taking notes. I felt silly afterwards.

            I looked up at the women. She took after namesake; she was a thin woman with very nice clothes.

            “Aelge Howard, right?” she asked.

            I felt annoyed because she had stopped from doing my ritual.

            “Ya.” I said with an attitude.   

            “Do you go by any other name?”

            “Nope.” I wanted to tell her to shut up so I could touch the pillows in the right order. I tried again but she interrupted me.

            “Why are you doing that?”

            Finally I smacked the pillows because I knew I wasn’t going to be able to do as I wanted. She took some more notes.

            “How has been your stay here?”

            “I’m adjusting.”

            “That’s all you can do.” She said sitting back.

            The rest of the session was full of small talk. I would write more, but I’m tired. By the way she asked for my journal and I told her that I didn’t have it with me so she asked for it tomorrow.

 

 



© 2012 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

interesting. I would hate for people to go through my journal. Or disrupt my rituals. I think she needs to just take over the place.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like your character so far. I would hate having that girl following me everywhere I went it would drive me up a wall. I would think that it would bug me if someone interrupted me as well. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Lol, Aelge is...intresting. :P. i knew having janna follw her around would get annoying.
walks use-us

Posted 13 Years Ago


I would hate to have to be in a group therapy session. I can't see how they are very helpful but I see that can make more money for who ever is doing the therapy, private, in a government run clinic or a hospital.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aelge is a very interesting character. It seems when she gets nervous or anxous, she fidgits...hmm :) great chapter!

xoxo Caitlyn xoxo

Posted 13 Years Ago


Going well. I like the character a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the ritual idea. I sometimes kinda get like that, I have a set thing and I get irritated when its intrupted for any reason. I love the book so far

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well, I think after this, I should continue after my book. I have enjoyed the story so far, I'll put it on my little to do list. Really great, and I'm trying to go with Aelge's point of view, and how it's going to go for her. Keep up the fantastic work on this!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm very glad that you are writing this because it is reality for so many trying to recover from an experience like Aelge's.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very good story telling. The experience of Aelge reads very true to life.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

685 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2010
Last Updated on April 19, 2012


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..