June 26

June 26

A Chapter by Calypso

June 26

            I was released from the hospital today. I wasn’t excited or happy for that matter. I knew as soon as I was released from the hospital I would have to face my consequences. There is no way around me purging, Janna saw it. I never found out what happened to Mary Jo after she purged, in fact I didn’t see much of Mary Jo at all after she purged. Morgan told me that her parents took her out of the program, but still I’m worried.

            Early this morning I was woke up by the nurse with the large bosom. She smelled strongly hand soap. At first I just covered my head over. She shook me again. She told me that I would be leaving in a hour and before I felt I had to eat breakfast.

            Unwillingly I sat up and started eating. I was given pancakes soaked in syrup, strawberries and ice cream. I would much rather sleep and if not that, watch the news, but the nurse watched over me like a hawk. As soon as I finished my meal I dressed and had my bag packed. Around 8 am Janna walked up to my hospital room and walked me down to my room.

            To my room I didn’t speak to Janna. I didn’t even look at her and she didn’t look at me either. I couldn’t tell if she was angry, or just doing her job. When we came to my room Janna was the one who broke the silence; she comment on a ‘scene’ girl’s bight pink and blue hair.

            I only nodded. Janna walked with me into my room and sat in a chair beside Eva’s bed. I wanted to ask her why she was sitting with my in my room when any other time she wouldn’t have had. All though she was texting on her cell phone I could still feel her presences in the room.

            Overwhelmed and nervously I felt the urge to start counting. I pulled out a pair of neatly folded pants and started opening and refolding over and over.

            I counted softly to myself so Janna couldn’t hear me.

            “One, two. One, two.”

            Janna looked up from her cell phone and arched her eyebrows. “Is everything okay Aelge?”

          I nodded my head embarrassed that I had been caught performing a ritual.

            “Do you need an anxiety pill?”

            I nodded. Janna took one of her long, slender fingers into a little plastic baggie with my name on it. She pulled out a pink-and-orange pill that eases anxiety,  but also puts me right to sleep.

            “There’s a water fountain down the hall way if…”

            I shook my head after dry-swallowing the pill. Then I brought up something that was on my mind. “Will I be held back a level?”

            Janna solemnly nodded her head. “I’m afraid so.”

            “So that means I can’t go home for Fourth of July?”

            “You couldn’t go anyway. Only people on level five can leave for holidays or weekends.”

            “Well today’s Monday, by Friday you’ll be at level three, don’t worry about that.”

            I nodded my head. Janna stood up and walked over to me to place her hand on my back.

            “Don’t worry Aelge. Everyone has messed up her once or twice, just don’t do it again.” She walked towards the door. “Are you ready to go?”

            Once again I nodded and followed her sheepishly to English class.

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have anxiety too, so I know what it's like to sit there and count things or repeat a motion because it's comforting.
I don't think after failing like that I would be able to continue on with my life like she is

Posted 12 Years Ago


Unwillingly I sat up- put a coom a after unwillingly.
messed up her-here.
Aw, i like how janna is supporting her, yet again that is her job. :p

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is getting better and better.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow and now that shes released from the hospital, she has to go back to the place that forces her into way too much!
Great Read!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very enjoyable story.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

658 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2010
Last Updated on December 30, 2010


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


August 23 August 23

A Chapter by Calypso


June 16 June 16

A Chapter by Calypso


July 20 July 20

A Chapter by Calypso