June 20

June 20

A Chapter by Calypso

June 20

            I finally found my photo for photography. When I went to art therapy my frog had sagged because of the humidity outside. While painting it I realized it kinda looked like a face, a old women face. I was lucky I had my camera with me. I guess in the future I’ll look like a saggy piece of clay.

            For breakfast we had a chicken biscuit and fried apples. Janna watched me closely during the whole meal. She said something to me about not cutting up my food as I smashed up my apple slices into small chucks. We had pizza for lunch which sucked. I used to eat a whole pizza in thirty minutes and then run to the bathroom. Dad would chastise me for eating so much so fast but he never realized the real reason the food was coming back up.

            If they don’t stop serving us so much fatty foods and carbs then I’ll end up like Mary Jo. Speaking of Mary Jo we have been talking a lot more. She’s angry at the world right now. She blames Bryant’s for causing her to purge. I feel angry at Dad for making me come here.

            I received a letter today from Dad. He said in the letter that he was only making me stay here for my health. He also said he was praying for me and so was the other pastors.

            Sweet words, that’s all it is.

            While sitting in art therapy I tried to gag myself by closing off my throat. It only made my stomach hurt, it never made me throw up.

            Because I wasn’t able to I just pat attention on my work. As I was painting my figurine I was flooded with memories. Doing craft reminds me of me and my sister’s time in summer church camps. My sister, Morana, was five years older then me so our crafts were always different. I would always come home crying afraid that she did better then me.

            Morana would calmly explain age difference, but that was hard to understand at eight. My last year ever going to church camp was when I was 10, the year Morana died.


© 2010 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ohh I forgot her father was a pastor. that explains a lot

Posted 12 Years Ago


I still want to know what happened to her as well. I feel bad that she lost her. Her sister seemed to be like a good thing. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


i still wonder how her sister and her mother dies, maybe by a car accident?
i think Mary Jo would purge even if she was there or not, so she can't blame the hospital for wat she's doing. :P

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like the name Morana, plus the sublte way you let pieces of the puzzle fall into place. For someone who has absolutely no expereience with any type of eating disorder (ie. me), this is like stepping into a whole other world where your life is something that needs to be constantly monitered.

Great job! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the fact that more information is coming out slowly about her.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aelge (you) is doing a great job explaining her situation and everything that is going on around her.
So sad that her sister died when she was at that young of an age, that definitely affects her a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Another good chapter. Reads just like a diary, which I think is what you want.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

672 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2010
Last Updated on December 30, 2010


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Japan Japan

A Poem by HorrorMaster