June 17

June 17

A Chapter by Calypso

June 17

            So apparently I have to go to school even on Saturday. That’s fine by me because the work in English class is easy right now. We’re reading a novel called ‘The Grapes of Wrath’. It’s one of the most boring books I have ever read in my life. The first few chapters only talk about rain, but work is easy. Mrs. Maxwell gives homework every other night and it’s normally something simple like reading a chapter or filling out a worksheet.

            In photography we talked mostly, but I sit in the corner and read for most of the time.

During lunch there was a fight. It broke out in between two boys who were dating the same girl.

“That’s the trouble with s***s,” Mary Jo whispered in my ear “that attract the wrong attention.”

Their counselors had to step in to stop the blows. After lunch we had art therapy. We were given huge gobs of clay. I started to form a dragon but it didn’t seem right. I remade the clay into a frog. I wanted to change it again, but time was up and I knew I wouldn’t have art therapy again until Tuesday.

During free time I was working on my English homework when Janna came up to me with a cardboard box. The cardboard box was already open.

“Sorry sweetie but we have to go threw gifts for our patients.”

“Do you know who sent it?”

“No, why don’t you look?”

I opened the book to find out that it was full of socks, books, a blanket and stationary. On top was a card. I opened it and read it out loud “Love Dad happy early birthday.”

“When’s your birthday?”

“June 21st.”

I looked threw the books and socks. They were nice, but what saddened me was that I was going to celebrate my birthday here this year.


© 2010 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You keep using the wrong 'through', and again the random large font. But it was good.

Posted 12 Years Ago


omgawsh...i'm easily addicted to this....your REALLY GOOD!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think this was a good write. I wouldn't want to live there for my birthday either. It would drive me to the point of insanity. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


threw gifts-through. All i feel sorry for her.
And call me stupid, but i didn't know boys could be bulimics too. Overweight maybe, but i thought boys liked to eat. :P unless those boys were fat, then..never mind getting off course.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the way you portray the boring bits and don't ttry and make something happen every day.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sad day when you have to spend your birthday away from your family. but it is for the best

Posted 13 Years Ago


A birthday in the hospital, that would be sad. Another really enjoyable chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

743 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2010
Last Updated on December 30, 2010
Tags: bulimic, journal, diary, hospital, pastor's kid


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..