June 15

June 15

A Chapter by Calypso

June 15

            I missed writing in my journal yesterday. I felt kinda silly sitting alone without my journal while everyone else in my group had their journals. Janna told me I should start a hobby while I’m here, you know something to do during free time instead of sitting round looking stupid. She didn’t say the last part, but I got the jest. So I started to carry my camera for photography class. The picture Mr. Cooper assigned is due tomorrow so I had the time to take the photos today.

            During lunch I took photos of everyone’s disgusted faces.  I think I took five, but I wasn’t supposed to take photos of skeleton people (what I call others with bulimia and anorexia) or squishes (In the words of Dory from ‘Finding Nemo’ “I shall name you squishy”) picking at their food. So during our second free time I went outside.

It was about 8:30 and it was easy for me to find the setting sun in the west. I turned my back to the setting sun and took a photo of my shadow like I was told. Looking at the photo I realized how bland, and fat, I looked. I took another this time with my hand in the air. I didn’t like that one either so I took one with my head turned. Finally I gave up. I didn’t like any of the photos so I took a few of the sunset that I thought looked a lot better then me.

During our activity today we had movie therapy. We watched ‘Finding Nemo’, that where I got the squishes idea. I have mixed feeling when it comes to that movie it reminds me of my family.It reminds me of my dead mom and sister.


© 2011 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Again another random giant paragraph? The last sentence left me wanting more though~

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think this was a good write. I love Finding Nemo. Good movie reference. I wouldn't want to be without my journal either. I think you did a really nice job on this write. I feel bad that she lost her mother and little sister. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I wonder how her mother and sister died.
Haha squishies1 i love dory! ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the way you missed a day and you conjusre up the disgusted feelings so many bulimics have well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I do like the metaphor you put in, but I'll never understand the whole "fat" thing that bulimics have such an issue with. Keep up the great work though! I'm really into this book!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really liked the "finding Nemo" metaphor that you used in this chapter!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Another really good chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

675 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2010
Last Updated on July 17, 2011


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..