July 15

July 15

A Chapter by Calypso

July 15

            The air conditioner is broken. No one is sure how or why it happened but all I know is that it’s burning up. Normally I freeze in the summer, but as I’ve ‘put meat on my bones’ I no longer freeze to death.

            Everyone is complaining. Even April, a girl who never complains, is fanning herself with stray pieces of paper.

For the time being Bryant’s have let up on the ‘only pants’ rule and is now allowing boys and girls wear shorts, but they can only go up to the knees. Most people didn’t even bother to pack shorts; they knew that knew that was a no-no when they were given the rules. Like everyone else when they found shorts in my suitcase the shorts were shipped first class back to my Dad. The air conditioner broke last night and since then the phone has been clogged up with people calling home and begging for their shorts.

There’s a rumor that they plan to let people have portable fins too, but the only requirement is that the blades have to be made of foam.

Sure I’ll call home, but I don’t feel like talking to Dad. I’m sure if I called his office at church I would get his answering machine. During both breaks I never even had a chance to come close to the phone.

For both breaks I spent most of my time on Facebook. On the 12th I was moved up to level 5 and I can now get on the computer.

I was surprised to see that 20 different people had posted something on my wall. All of the 20 posts were the same question, ‘Are you really in rehab?’

For the time being I figured I would ignore the wall posts and answer a more argent message. My best friend I had sent me a message. Ali didn’t even know I’m bulimic.

Her message was short, but painful to read. Right after I read it I logged out of Facebook and gave the computer to the girl who wanted it next.

I sat down in a chair in the teen section and the message swarmed my head. It was a month ago, but I was sure she still felt the same as when she sent.

It said, ‘Why didn’t you tell me? I thought we were friend. Please don’t die.’

I grabbed a book that beside my head and read a few pages before standing up. After checking the book out I placed it in my bag. I had failed at trying to distract myself and I knew I could read the book later.

While in group therapy I brought it up. It was just my group so I knew I wouldn’t fell too bad as if I said it among a bigger group. This time around I felt like talking so before anyone else could get a word in edge wise I blurted out the message.

“At least you have someone who cares.” Eva cooed.

Janna nodded. “It seems like your friend is hurt.”

“I guess. I mean if she went threw as much as I’ve had I would like to know so I could help her.”

“Do you think she feels the same?”

“I know she does. I know she cares and all, but why would I tell her? That’s just more for her to worry about. She’s not even a professional.”

“At least you have a friend.” Shot Eva.

I ignored what was said and reworded what I had already said, “I hurt my friend. Now I don’t know what to do.”

“You don’t have to tell people every thing,” Morgan shrugged.

I sighed deeply. “How much have to told your friends Morgan?”

“Just enough. They know I’m in the hospital, but some how they believe I’m in a hospital in North Carolina, what’s where I’m from.”

I knew Morgan had a foreign accent, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

I turned back to Janna and waited for her to say something. Looking between Morgan and I, I knew she was trying to think up something to say.

“Well, what should I do?”

“Fix it. Tell her your sorry.” April mumbled. “That’s about the only thing you can do.” After saying this April withdraw back into her self. We all knew she probably wouldn’t talk again for a week.

“Just don’t be a b***h.” Eva suggested. “If my friend was being a b***h I would…”

“Enough Eva,” Janna warned “Aelge tell your friend that you didn’t want to hurt her so you never told her.”

I looked at April, staring out the window, and then at Eva who had her arms crossed and was giving Janna an evil stare.  I nodded and there was nothing left to say. Eva was ticked off and April was daydreaming and was the only one looking at Janna.

The last five minutes were quiet and once the group therapy was over we all went to dinner.



© 2011 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter definitely needed proofread. At some points it was hard to follow. But I understand her friends worry.

Posted 12 Years Ago


She has quite the dilemma. It is good to know someone cares but sometimes you wonder how much or how far you can trust them. Hope it works out for Aelge.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i don't what i'd do if i was in 's situation, curious to know how its going to resolve.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Have my own douts about group therapy.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

620 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 11, 2010
Last Updated on July 17, 2011


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


August 23 August 23

A Chapter by Calypso


Linger Linger

A Poem by Robin


July 20 July 20

A Chapter by Calypso