Angel On My Shoulder  Part 4

Angel On My Shoulder Part 4

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 174-3

Angel On My Shoulder

Part 4

 


Let’s just say it wasn’t the ideal situation, as Mom quickly covered my head with a stocking cap to hide my hairdo before Crawford noticed us. Stringum and everyone played it cool, hating the fact there was the rat right in front of us and neither of us could do anything but smile at each other or just give a hateful snarl. Like any size rat that can’t resist toying with the cat, as we watched him make his way over. It didn’t matter that the waitress told him that this section was closed he simply ignored her and pulled up a chair and sat down as he straddled it backward. Looking at each of us as if he wanted to kill us, but couldn’t in such a public place.


Stringum steadies his hands by pouring himself a cup of coffee and said. “I am Mr. Str…”


Having him cutting him off with a curt growl; “I am quite aware of who are. I am just wondering what the hell you are doing with the Rothwell’s. You have been stirring up trouble all over my fine town of Highland and American fork and all over this God damn Mormon state. Employing people like these Rothwell’s and interfering in my businesses.


“In fact, I understand that you have hired Mr. Rothwell to open one of your stores right in my neck of the woods and planning to give him this territory and further south. Going behind my back buying up this property and the next where they live and have been told recently that they are moving to Saint George. Thinking I and my people can’t touch them there.


“Personally I am glad they are moving as long as they give me what belongs to me. Considering they have taken my two most favorite boys and have hidden them from me and my people. I am willing to work out a nice arrangement. I’ll pay them 1 million dollars if they give them to me before they leave this town for good, and never look back. Its not like they have any love for them, or even want them anymore, beginning as they don’t believe in these fantasies of the LDS have, being the only true church; when they have witnessed my power and the true church that I am known as a true prophet of God; among 10 of my apostle brethren.


“Where the LDS hasn’t had a true revelation in decades and has become so corrupt over the years, were our church brings people to a true God and speaks once more to man, and has given us true spiritual awareness through his true savor Mormo the son of Lucifer. Who has been in prison unjustly?


“You should know. I gave the Rothwell’s a chance and I offered my spiritual guidance and they spurned me by stealing my members, spreading lies and deceit about me. I tried several times to bring them into the fold, offering their sons, a chance to partake in our teachings. I offered kindness and love and better jobs for the entire family and they still spurned my offer.


“I asked why and they spit in my face and accuses me and my servant Gloria West of beating this boy before me and his adoptive brother Jared and poisoning them. When it is you and your husband that beat them to the inch of their lives, it was you that accused her of wrongdoing. I send my members to their house trying to get them to one last time to come clean, and instead, you hide like cowards, taking my beloved people with you. Doing who knows what as you and them rebel against me.


“I will give you Mr. Stringum some firm and good advice, cut your losses and move on and for these Rothwell cowards. They are not worth your efforts. Come join me and my church and your associates the Carrions and their family and friends, and let them thrive in our church. We could use you and them as we build new temples and churches. bringing back our people, and show them that everything the LDS church and their rival Catholics, has done is lie to them, That their God is weak and cares not about its people and my God is kind and loving and stronger then their God and help us bring in the new era were we rule the world, and Nations bend their knees to us as we free our master the true God of this world.


“Leave this weak and unforgiving people, or let them be sacrificed in Mormo’s name, as an offering to him. Knowing that you and Carrions know what it means to follow a true God and have taken the scarred rights and vowed to hold him in your heart, and feel his love as he feels your soul like he has mine and my beloved people. He will enrich your life, he will shower you with riches and you can become mighty before him and become Gods with so much power that others will be in awe by it.


“Whereas if you remain with these heathens, these cowards they will corrupt your very soul. I offer you glory and riches what can these weak creatures offer you? I give you until Friday to give me back my boys; I will have someone pick them up from your home in Highland. If you don’t give them to me I will take them as simple as that. Instead of cold hard cash, I will take your lives and let those sweet boys that have done no wrong in the eyes of our God and his son Mormo let them sacrifice you and your family.


 “Good day, I expect you to do what I ask and then leave. Take the money and give me what I want. Or die and get nothing.” Crawford put out his hand for Stringum to shake and Tony stating he hadn’t caught his name.


Tony said. “I am new in town; I have been hired to by the Carrions to look after their interests, as they move around the country looking for a place to build investments properties for Stringum enterprises. He was just telling me how his life has changed and was telling me that if I should get a chance to meet one of the prophets that it would be a true life-changing experience and he was right. I was also telling him the same advice that he should cut his losses and I and he have been trying to convince the Rothwell’s that they should think about giving into your demands. That it would show that they are willing to compromise’s and perhaps in time come into our fold.


“Now that I have met you I have no doubt that it would best thing for all of us. Perhaps sometime in the near further we could discuss how we can accomplish in spreading the word that your God and his teachings are fair and just. Not only will he fill our souls, but as you have mentioned our pockets as well.


“I am a businessman and when someone says there’s an investment opportunity I check it out, and so far I like what I am hearing. Perhaps I can meet with some of your people. I understand that Mr. Stringum is throwing a party in the High Bishop honor in his home in Heber, and that is his birthday. Perhaps I’d see you there?”


Crawford said. “Yes I would very much like sit down with you and discuss a long term business plan, but unfortunately I can not attend that event due to some pressing business, I was just informed today that one of my children have been murdered in cold blood. I am overcome with grief that I would be not in the mood of celebrating, perhaps after me and my brethren have seen to putting her body to rest and find out who has done this to one of our most holy. We can meet again under more favorable terms. If you could provide me a way to contact you I would appreciate a chance to get better acquainted.”


Tony opened his wallet and pulled out one of his cards, and opened the silver briefcase. Placing 6 large stacks on the table and a large vanilla envelope, said. “Let me make a donation to your church while I have you here. Considering my business has concluded with the Rothwell’s and haven’t manifest any ground, or weight with me or my employer Mr. Stringum. In hopes of settling the matter of our two boys in questioned in hopes yours will. If given time to reconsider your offer. If I might have a card where I might be able to reach you are a location where I might find your church here, perhaps I can pay it a visit, and perhaps say adding a finders fee to the person that locates the person who has caused you this said grief.”


Crawford eyes nearly read dollar signs as he saw the money inside the briefcase and the pile of money Tony was putting in the large envelope as Stringum wrote out a check and handed to Crawford as well, said. “I would too like to add a finder’s fee and donation to her family for the loss. That is if you are willing to forgive my oversight being unaware about how dedicated you are in saving the Rothwell’s by offering them one last chance, in Mormo name and our true God of this earth. Perhaps I too could meet with you once you put our most holy of holy of women to rest and in hopes of giving her a rebirth when she returns to us once more as promised.”


Crawford smiled seeing the check and stated. “Thank you my kind brethren for your compassion. I will put this to good use. Please feel free to contact me through my brethren. May Mormo bless you until we meet again? And I say unto you, deliver me my children and pray unto Mormo that he may forgive you. Or die by his hands.”


Crawford quickly took his leave and we all leaned back and started laughing. Mom, on the other hand, wasn’t laughing. In fact, she was quite angry mumbled. “A million dollars, who does he think he is? I wouldn’t sell them for 10 times that. I am not going to let him anywhere near my family. You hear that Stringum, you better make damn sure that he doesn’t touch my babies. I don’t care how powerful he thinks he is, he needs to be dealt with and soon. Now if you wouldn’t mind I needed to go wash my hands, scrub that filth off me.”


Mom slid out and Stringum paid the check then he too made a quick bath break like the rest of us. Then looked outside seeing Crawford and his people, seeing him point in our direction and get inside his limo and speed away.


Stringum looked at me and them and said. “Ok, so it looks like they are waiting to see what we are going to do next?”


I nodded and said. “Sorry, I am all out of suggestion?” Tony came out and stood with us and noticed the same thing. He smiled and went to the waitress and asked for a phone book. 


She kindly provided one and telling him he is more than welcome to use the manager’s office. He said. “Thanks, doll,” handing her crisp one hundred dollar bill, watching it disappear inside her bra.


Stringum and the rest of us regained our seats as we waited for Tony and wondering what he had mind. As we watched and waited to notice our guests haven’t moved. Which stated they were either waiting to jump us or follow us or both.  Tony came out and said. “We’re going to play a little game of chases. I have called one of my buddies too “pick up a cab,” and swing by and pick up the Rothwell’s. He’ll then lose our friends, and then quickly catch up to us along the way.”


Mom said. “Ok, and your sure their not going to catch us?”


Tony said. “Not a chance in hell. Not the way he drives, and not with a little help from another buddy of mine who is going to slow them down with let’s say an unscheduled stop they’ll have to make. Then another untimely stop by another friend of mine. They will think their so-called God is not on their side today when they get pulled over for speeding and few other traffic volition's, not too mention drugs and money laundering to name a few. 


“I may not be able to take them down like I so really want to today, but I can make them angry and possibly get some information from them so when I can take them down they’ll wish they never heard the name Crawford.”


It wasn’t long before that taxi cab pulled up, Stringum and Tony helped us into it said loud enough. “Think real hard about Crawford offer, we have been more than fair with you, Mr. and Mrs. Rothwell. Now get the hell out of my sight, you’re fired, I expect you gone out of my house by Friday. If you're not out, I am going to burn it to the ground with you all still in it.” He slammed the door hard and he and Tony climbed into the limo going the opposite direction.


We were told to fasten our seat belts, but he didn’t speed up instead he kept going at a much slower pace letting them get right behind us. He said. “Wait for it,” as he turned around the corner on Main Street. Mom cursed seeing two cars in the middle of the road, blocking our view. Jeff leaned back in the front seat like it was just a Sunday drive. The officer was directing traffic as he told us to pull forward and stopped all the cars behind us. I looked back at the person driving was pounding on the horn yelling “come on.”


The cab driver still didn’t speed up and waited for the guy to catch up with us. Mom and Dad were unimpressed as they caught up with us. He turned down two more streets and pulled over at service station and filled up letting the other car two cars pull up beside us. The driver left us to check his ties and wash the windows, as he pointed discreetly at four boys no older then me sneak around the back of the cars.


One of them checked the tires as the other washed the windows. While the other two lifted up the trunk and placed backpack inside each of the cars as they worked distracting the driver with excellent irritating service. Notice one of the boys put something small behind the tire giving his friends two thumbs up. 


Our driver came back and we took off as the cars followed us adding two more, after their untimely stop as we headed south towards the freeway. We heard a loud bang like blown out tire, as we watched the guy cuss as he was forced to pull over, while the other drivers followed as watching a cop car stop to help the other driver. Our cab driver circled the block as if he was lost searching for an address. As we watched the officer place the two people in the driver seat being arrested with the backpack in front of them; with small packages of the white stuff and large sums of cash lying on the hood, as they were reading them their rights.


Our cab driver pulled over as he pretends to ask people on the street for an address. Seeing him slap himself on the head as the person said he was in the wrong neighborhood as the other three cars pulled over watching him as we watched another set of boys sneak up behind the cars and crawl under the car and place something inside the tailpipe and scurry off.


Letting our cabby get back in and pull out, hearing the car behind them stall in the middle of the street forcing the other car that was following us to take the lead. Once again we were told to stop by another officer as he directed traffic due to workers inside a manhole and with the stoplight out.


We were motioned forward while the other car was delayed as or cabby picked up speed and turned the corner into a car-wash as his friends ushered us out into another car. As the driver was replaced and traded three people quickly to take our place and exited the car-wash at the same time the car that was following us chased after them, while we circled back around finding the other car at the side of the road and the men swearing to check it under the hood, having another officer pull up to “help them.”


Stringum met us at the Provo airport as Tony gave our driver a high five and padded envelope. Allowing Stringum and us to get on board a private jet, with all the comforts of home, as he sent the things we have purchased to the location to be picked up and delivered to his estate.


He quickly turned on the heat to high as we took off and said. “Well that was fun let's see what the weather is like in Texas, shall we? Tony kicked back and closed his eyes placing headphones over his ears. Stringum poured himself another drink as he snuggled up into his snowman suit said. “I thought it was cold before, but after shaking hands with Crawford I could have sworn the temperature dropped another 30 degrees, plus having this urge to shower and scrub every inch of me with a wire brush.”


Tony said. “I have one if you need one, wake me when we get there. I don’t want to miss anything that ghost boy going to do next.”



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on May 25, 2019
Last Updated on February 12, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep