Preparing For Battle  Part 2

Preparing For Battle Part 2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 175-1

Preparing For Battle

Part 2

 


Yet it became apparent that I didn’t explain everything. I cringed as he asked about the reason for the wheelchair. Dad simply stated it was more a ruse than anything, but needed because of severe muscle weakness after being poisoned by a member of the satanic cult. Dad waited for me to give him the sign that it was ok to tell him the truth regarding if he could be trusted. Before I could answer Stringum concluded that he was a man that he respected and has proven himself over the years to keep a secret.


Jeff nodded and said he was, and that was good enough for me. Watching Jeff leave the room, but not gone telling me that he was going to scout around a bit. Telling me once more he would really like me to participate with the boys in the yard while Mom and Dad discuss things.


I kindly asked if it would be alright to join the boys down in the yard and perhaps meet a few of the teachers along the way. Using my so-called unique gift; causing Mr. Walens to crack a smile and buzz someone to take me while Mom removed my light Jacket reviling my arms and wrist were we had painted a tattoo of the markings that Shawn and Arthur had on their wrists. And have noticed the people in the satanic church had them as well to indicate they were members.


Mom and Dad gave me a worried look, but Stringum said it was an excellent idea sending Tony with me. We waited as Dad explained that he would prefer that no one knew my real name or the reason I was here other than thinking of attending the school.


Mr. Walens stated he could keep his mouth shut, considering it would be worth his while, said he understood why all the secrecy. Indicting him and Stringum has known each other for years. So when the person came to get me he introduced me as Jacob Farnsworth instead of Nate Carrion. Knowing if someone remembered my real name or my fake name and Shawn put two and two it would lead to questions knowing that in Heber I was known as Nate Carrion.


Not that he couldn’t do much about it considering he wouldn’t have accesses to a phone or the outside world beyond these walls. The only way to get access to the outside world is a pass and, phone privileges were restricted by a switchboard and every phone call is monitored and screened by Mr. Walens, it still wasn’t worth the risk.


I didn’t want to stick around to watch the videotape of Shawn and Arthur having sex or the one taken the other night. I had heard more than enough as Dad explained all the problems he was having with Shawn and Arthur, plus the satanic cult plus Crawford. I could sense Jeff smiling as I made my way down to the field indicating I had made the right choice.


Tony and Stringum suggested it would help me mingle with other people, and how to interact while in my handicapped state. Knowing I was already having some difficulty playing my part as the cripple as my body became less dependent on the wheelchair. Knowing right now it wouldn’t be good to be healed so quickly until we resolved the issues in Heber.


Yet we still haven’t resolved the problem of going home to my mother’s house or the fact why I look so different. Knowing my father and my sisters and how they feel about me and that they have no interests in keeping it a secret. I shook hands with the boys while the boy named Austin introduced me and Tony.


The fact that I was in a wheelchair didn’t cause anyone to really care as they added me to the team. Austin explained that I have never played sports ever since the accident. While Tony tightened the belt around my waist and legs, explaining he was going to be the pusher, were he would guide me to the ball as the boys tossed it to me and I made my way around the field trying to make it to the boys on my team to kick the ball into the goal.


I wasn’t sure if I was capable of doing it, but it was better then sitting out watching them have all the fun. Jeff leaned against the wall watching me. Indicating he so far he hasn’t found anything or anyone that need our attention, yet him being here stated he wasn’t one hundred percent sure. Tony quickly turned over his wheelchair duties to one of the boys as he spotted Mom and Dad. I was about to tell them I had enough and my parents needed me. Instead, Mom and Dad took seats indicating they were in no hurry. Stringum wasn’t among them and neither was Mr. Walens and in a way that concerned me, once the game ended unclear who won as one of the staff called the boys in telling them that free time has ended.


Tony quickly retrieved me so the boy that was my pusher could join his classmates as the boys passed me shaking my hand; telling me they hope to see me again, I said “Depends if my parents will like the school, they are kind of fussy about finding a good fit for me. Ever since the accident where I had given up ever thinking I could play sports again,” knowing it wasn’t going to happen.


Mom asked if I had some fun I nodded that it was, considering being stuck in a chair that it was indeed a challenge. Stringum and Mr. Walens asked if I was ready to meet some of the teachers and see where I might be staying; even though I wasn’t going to. Yet he said it loud enough so the boys overheard him and some of the teachers.


Jeff followed along as we made our way around. He still seemed overly occupied as he still hadn’t given any indication that anyone here was part of the cult. It wasn’t until we had made it the dorms where Shawn would be staying. That his spidey senses started to tingle as we were introduced to the man on the floor where Shawn would be staying, Mr. Walens said. “This is Jacob Farnsworth, and his parents they are visiting to see if this school would be a good fit for him, and his brother Shawn.” The moment I shook hands with the man I felt that feeling that awful feeling my eyes immediately went to his hands and wrists seeing the pentagram.


He quickly covered his wrist when he noticed me and everyone looking at it. He quickly stated it was a tattoo of the days he was a wayward boy like the ones they mostly get here. He smiled seeing my tattoo that matched his.  I nodded and said. “Please to meet you. My name is Jacob Farnsworth. If you could tell me which room might be mine.”


Dad corrected stating which room would be mine; indicating that he and Mom had made decisions. It was quite obvious I had made an impression, Mom and Dad too made an impression as they shook hands making sure the man noticed their tattoo as well, Mom said. “Jacob darling, it looks like we found someone here that shares our beliefs or had when he too was a wayward boy is that correct?” Mom said as she shook hands with him.


The man smiled eagerly as he noticed me and my family shared his beliefs. Stating indeed, I look forward to spending some time with your son and introduce him to some the students and teachers that share our beliefs and common goal. Providing the headmaster Mr. Walens would permit me to arrange his commendation where he’d feel more comfortable with boys that have similar backgrounds. Implying my wheelchair, but it was the tattoo and the cult he was referring too.


Mr. Walens nodded. “That’s an excellent idea.” Playing long yet I could see that it had shaken him as he did his best to show that it hadn’t.


They quickly pushed me into a vacant room that wasn’t being used because students were either in class our doing chores to help maintain the school as part of their training, as well as working on projects to enrich their lives. Mr. Walens said too him. “If you wouldn’t mind us borrow this room while you see to his accommodation. I’ll finish up making the rounds and explain the rules and our guidelines to our new student.”


The moment the instructor left they closed the door as they watched the teacher quickly depart; most likely to inform his friends that one of their boys have arrived here and put me with them. Tony followed him, while Stringum and everyone else cursed.


Mr. Walens quickly apologized telling us the teacher was new hadn’t been here more than a few months. That he had come highly recommended and that there had been rumors, of boys being sexually raped, but when he interviewed the boy's none of them would come forward. Asking us how we knew, I pointed to my wrists said. “The markings were the same as mine and we had copied them off Shawn and Arthur as well noting they were the same markings of the people that belonged to the cult.


“There was also that feeling the moment I shook hands of darkness, so cold that it chills your blood. So far I have only met a few of the boys, and those I have met haven’t been marked nor did I get the feeling that I got when I shook his hand. Perhaps Tony and I will find more, but there is no way to know for sure other than, reading a room as I had done in your office, but that could take some time. Which none of us has, do too our current situation, where we have other places to be, that repercussion would not be in our best interests. ”


Mom and Dad didn’t say anything regarding my friend Jeff, so I was unclear how to do this, wishing I wasn’t the only one that had a friend that could see him or communicate with him. It was one secret that none of us was willing to tell until we had no choice.


I cringed looking at the watch noting the time was a little after 4 pm and we still needed to meet with Stringum’s people regarding or us relocating in Heber where we have already have a foothold on the cult where we have already embed ourselves in, Yet we still had visited the other school today. Stringum solved the problem and even though I didn’t like the idea it seemed like the only solution.


Mom and Dad would leave me here with Tony and visit with the builders and over dinner and run some errands and then during sometime Wednesday morning I would be replaced by Shawn and Tony’s people would sneak me out of here, but there was one problem they haven’t figured out. And that was Jared and I was supposed to be present for dinner at the High Bishops house that Tuesday night, but the problem was we hadn’t told Stringum that.


I linked with Jeff as he wasn’t with me but somewhere in the building. I didn’t have to explain anything what had taken place. Jeff in sense was in two places at once. Told me it’s not going to matter considering we had bigger problems then sharing a few secrets that are about to happen in fact it might help him, in the long run, to know what was about to happen so he could be prepared to deal with it.


I cringed and said. “Stringum, you must keep this to yourself, but in the morning according to my friend. That you will be aware that sometime tonight or tomorrow we will all be invited to dine with the High Bishop, after discovering that four members that were in the circle the other night will be murdered by the women, as a warning to the High Bishop that she is coming after him. You will be notified that Tuesday’s social will be canceled, but he will insist that we all be there including me and Jared; stating that if we do not show up…


“That it will mean you and my adoptive parents are responsible for their murders and that if Jared and I are not there he will kill you and them for being responsible. Not only for their murders knowing that all of us had left Heber after the murders had been committed, but indicating you are trying to deceive him and his organization, more so because we had fled while the murders were being committed.


“That only response you have given is in a telegram and not seeing us in person but as a delay and cowardly act, which would mean we were all responsible the longer we are gone, unable to establish an alibi for being gone that he and his people would believe. While that woman remains unbridle. Jeff has agreed to help catch her, so you can meet and work together to benefit both our goals, but it would mean working on two fronts.


“Which brings me to our next problem; I can not be here and there at the same time. My friend says that I must be here and not there, because Tony and I are needed here more so then there, is willing to provide the information needed to get you started, but for now we need to find a solution to this problem; unless you are willing to sacrifice the chance we have right now to take them down before they can gain another foothold here.


“I can not speak regarding what’s beyond these walls, but Jeff tells me that if we catch the people here it could lead us to them, rather then if we just change our course and come back; afterward we have contained the situation in Heber, but you know and I know what that would mean. It would mean that the boys here would be in danger and could end up being sacrificed. There is no telling if that hasn’t happened already, considering we have just uncovered that the occult is trying to get a foothold here for the obvious reasons.


“Like Mr. Walens said he was unaware of the problem other than rumors. He mentioned that it was a rarity that a boy would go missing or that they had been found dead inside their rooms, that at the time it looked like they had taken their own life, but as we both know the moment they are discovered as a warning or had been used as ceremonial scarifies. Their bodies come up missing giving us no proof that they even existed here in the first place because everything about them had been destroyed or come up missing.


"Even their own families have been taken care of in some way. I can not give you answer what you should do, Jeff can only advise, it's up to us to choose the course of action. Personally I rather not be in either place, but it’s not up to me it's up to you and my adoptive parents. So let’s think of a solution to how we can make it work because I rather not witness another death like the one yesterday.”


Tony came back out of breath stating he had either caught the guy or had gotten away. He quickly stated the latter as he apologized that somehow he had lost him. Jeff still hadn’t come back, but he told me not to say anything until they had come up with a plan, for now at least. Mr. Walens frowned asking regarding the person I was referring too. Dad and I and Tony said at the same time. “It’s a long story.”


Tony asked. “What did I miss?” Taking a seat trying to catch his breath.

 

Stringum grinned. “Oh, just the fact we were knee deep in uncharted waters. Where we are at a crossroads on deciding how our young man here can be in two places at once.”


Tony said. “And why does he need to be in two places at once may I ask?” Stringum took the lead and explained it and the problem. Tony narrowed his eyes on me and then placed his head in his hand rubbing his face. He took a minute to wrap his head around it said. “Ok, one problem at a time. We need a look like of someone that could play our young man. That shouldn’t be too hard, I can work with that. Providing we have the time to do it, but I will need to contact my team. So I can correlate away we can extract him as we put Shawn in place.


“I have one idea, but it won’t be too pleasant and it will require a little acting. Providing we can pull it off. The harder problem is doing it all in the hours that we have. Normally an operation like this would require months of planning.”


Stringum said. “We don’t have months; we only have until Tuesday morning. Because Eric and Jared need to be with the Rothwell’s when we all arrive back in Heber. And Shawn needs to be in place by noon at the latest on Wednesday. Plus the threat has to be eliminated here by then, or everything we have worked for will be lost and everything and I mean everything will have been for nothing because we either be dead or hope of getting another chance we can kiss that goodbye and we are back to square one.


“I can put off the seeing the other school until Thursday, and I really want Eric there and his friend as well as you… so if we run into more of the occult we can deal with it. That is if his friend is still willing to help.” I nodded that he was.


Stringum said. “Well, at least that’s something. The only question is how we plan to solve our current problem?”


Tony leaned back said “By using a doppelganger. I figured if that woman can do it, there is no reason we can’t.”


Stringum said. “So you’re saying make an exact copy of Eric and use the person to take his place? Tony nodded.


Stringum said. “Again we don’t have weeks or months.” Tony said “It’s only for few short hours. If you play it right as that woman did we could do so without getting noticed? The High Bishop doesn’t know him enough to give him away. He only has to show up and not draw too much attention to himself; the hard part will be to create the exact copy, in a short amount of time, which would mean we would need a very good makeup artist; I can only think of a couple, but the hard part will be slipping them in here and slipping them out unnoticed.”


Mr. Walens said. “I think I can help with that,”


Stringum asked. “How much is that going to cost me?”


Mr. Walens said. “Oh, I am thinking that if you can help me get rid of our recently discovered problem, and this young man can and Tony lends their service to me while they are here. I’ll call it a fair deal. I don’t want to wake up and find another dead boy or girl like the others. Giving no explanation too how or why it happened; then having to explain to their parents and family that I couldn’t keep them safe under my roof. It gives the impression that I haven’t been doing my job as well as I think I have all these years.


“Besides you owe me big time for the favor I am going to be providing for the Rothwell’s. In spite of how much I like a good challenge. But after watching that videotape which will be ingrained in my brain for very long time; it's going to be one of our biggest challenges, not only for me but our teachers and students, which is going to be the hardest to explain and to come up with a plan to help the poor misguide boy.”


Stringum said. “Well then I guess we needed to put our plan in motion if you can be so kind to let us borrow your offices for a while, why you arrange our two wayward boys accommodations, then will leave you, boys, too your hunting.” Mr. Walens led us back to his offices. Telling Tony to take me to where they take in the boys and check me and him in. Tony smiled and that smile stated I wasn’t going to enjoy it. Considering how we were greeted before we were allowed inside the doors.


Jeff seemed to be quite satisfied with his self as he showed me what he had done that put him in such a good mood. Somehow he had gifted wrapped Tony a present. Telling me he’ll keep it occupied until we could play with our toy, but for now, I needed to insert my self as a new student. How hard could that be I questioned, considering I was used to always changing schools every few months until I had moved in with the Downing’s and Rothwell’s allowing me to stay in one place longer than a few months at a time. Yet it was more than doable.



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on May 25, 2019
Last Updated on February 12, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep