It’s Brand New Day  Part 1

It’s Brand New Day Part 1

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 177

It’s Brand New Day

Part 1


We counted 12 members in total, 5 were students, I had sent Jeff after the ones that had gotten away, as he and the team congratulated me. That was until everyone started to come in hearing the racket. I had barely time to put on the sling and jump into my wheelchair. The first thing that went through my mind was oh crap my cast. As everyone dispersed, as Tony quickly took my robe and rolled up his pant legs and kicked off his cool one toe slippers as I caught them and sat on top of them and removed his hood and face mask and slipped them inside my bathrobe.


All eyes were on the people that were down for the count and gift wrapped, as everyone stared at us in a daze in their bathrobes, boxers, and PJs. Tony told them a whopper of a tale that he had left me inside the nurse's office so they could recast my leg, but by the time he’d come back I had disappeared, and found me inside the library. Surrounded by people dressed in black robes taking me inside a hidden room where they were doing who knows what, as they were praying to some demon name he had never heard of.


I screamed. “Mormo, and if it wasn’t for you I would have been freed from this prison be once more among my brethren you f*****g a*****e. You are so going to die and I am going to personally see that I bathe in your blood and eat your heart. Once I am free from my chains. Then I will go back to my family and sacrifice them for what they have done to me, but you I will start with first.”


Tony quickly slapped me and told me. “Shut the hell up, I am sick of you running your mouth. Mormo this and Mormo that. Now shut the hell up, or will see about making that wheelchair permanent boy.” He pushed me out of the library and everyone parted as looked at me and the library as Mr. Walens quickly called security and told them to take them out and place them all in holding cell in the basement until morning.


Tony and I didn’t wait for anyone; I smiled when one of the boys picked up my playboy causing one of the staff members to take out of his hands. Then looked at me as Tony pulled me inside the elevator, the look on his face seeing that it was all of the male verity shocked the hell out of him. Stating he didn’t approve as he showed it to the Headmaster. He rolled it up and placed inside his bathrobe telling everyone to go back to bed the library was now closed until further notice. Tony and I breathed a sigh of relief as the doors closed as we head back to my room.


The Headmaster soon joined us once he had things under control. He handed back my magazine and asked. “Please tell me this isn’t yours?” Taking a seat on my bed considering everything else was piled on Tony’s.


I shrugged my shoulders. “It depends if you mean Shawn or the real me?” Tony shrugged his shoulders as he quickly changed his clothes, into everyday wear. 


Mr. Walens asked where he was going, Tony said, “To do my job where else would I be going?” Closing the door behind him telling me to lock it once Mr. Walens had left.


I noticed quickly that he was eyeing the room seeing the surveillance cameras around the room and the monitor showing the hallway and the door so we would know who was knocking. He didn’t say anything, he said. “So it seems you and Tony have had a busy night and I am curious to know how much of it was his and how much was yours and this friend that everyone is referring about?”


I said. “It depends on how much time you have sir. After all, it’s a school night?”  He folded his arms and made himself comfortable on my bed. Indicating he wasn’t leaving until he got his answers. I linked with Jeff asking if I should. Getting the answer that he didn’t have a problem as long as I kept the things we have discussed a secret.


I got out of the wheelchair and opened a can of soda and offered him one and the plate of cookies or bag of potato chips. He looked at cookies and the soda and stated did he want to know how Tony and I managed to acquire them? I shrugged my shoulders and said, “You’d have to ask him that.” I made myself comfortable pushing the stuff over on Tony’s bed and said. “It all started when I was 10 years old…” I watched as I waited for the questions and answered them cringing at the time noting it had taken most of the night I’d be getting up in an hour so to get ready for school.


He said. “Normally I would think that was one hell of a fish tale. But I seeing you in action when you read the room, I think you are indeed must be telling the truth. Not even I knew about that hidden room in the library and I was boy myself when I came here.” he said as he looked over the plans of the school the new ones and the old ones. Finding neither the room that we had found in the library, I didn’t mention there were two more wanting him to be surprised or not trusting him to seek them out and end up dead for nosing around, Jeff too agreed that I shouldn’t. I watched him get off the bed and ask. “So what do you have plan young man for today?”


I shrugged my shoulders and said. “Still working that one out sir, but you’ll know the moment I figure it out.” He laughed and rubbed my head telling me he’s going to miss having me around when I leave. I said. “No, you won’t because you’ll have Shawn to deal with.”


He laughed. “I rather have you, because I know that you aren’t doing it to annoy me.” I nodded as Tony soon came back he didn’t look pleased still seeing me up and Mr. Walens still in our room.


Mr. Walens said. “We were having a nice long chat about his ghostly friend.”


Tony nodded said. “And it couldn’t wait until after breakfast? Because I was thinking you really wanted to see the video and see what we have discovered tonight.”


Mr. Walens said. “I am sure it isn’t the first time this young man or you pulled an all-nighter. I will have breakfast waiting in my office once you both have showered and got ready for another interesting day.” I groaned inward because I haven’t really slept since Sunday night and even then I was up way before the chickens. There wasn’t time to do anything other than a quick shower and makeup, and quickly re-bandage my fingers and my leg.


Tony quickly stuffed my books inside my backpack and had brought back the book I need for school from the library. Placing the backpack on my lap as we made our way down the hall, it was if the decision had been made for us not having time to put my leg into a cast other then rapping with several rolls of Ace Bandages, as we Flew down to the Headmasters’ office with a video from the library and the one from the holding cells of our prisoners as we waited for orders what to do with them.


Right away we could smell fresh coffee and scrambled eggs sausages the moment we opened the office next door to Mr. Walen's office and told they were waiting for us to go right on in. I noticed quickly that he wasn’t alone as he told us to come right on in, noticing several teachers were sitting around a large conference table. I groaned inward because this wasn’t what I had in mind. Tony, on the other hand, didn’t seem surprised at all.


Immediately I linked with Jeff because I was uncertain if any of these staff members were a member of the occult; like me, he too was disappointed that two of them had gotten away. Even from my friend Jeff, who said something? All he could say was they weren’t in the room. Nor could he detect any. Tony waited for me to say something but I remained silent and shrugged my shoulders.


Mr. Walens quickly introduced me to everyone in the room using my name as Shawn Rothwell, and like Tony and he waited for me to say something. I quickly made my way around the room, checking for signs feeling anything, I questioned one of the staff feeling something dark, but it was on the edge. I asked Jeff he could read him, getting the answer it was unclear, that something seemed to be blocking him from reading the man in front of me.


Tony leaned down as if he was tying my shoes and I quickly stated the feeling Jeff and I were getting regarding the person I last introduced himself to me and was offering Tony a seat. Tony said. “I’ll take care of it,” stood up quickly as he backed into the man causing him to spill his coffee all over himself. Tony quickly apologized garbing some napkins and tried to help clean up his mess making it worse. The man cursed Tony calling him all sorts of names and got up and left to change his clothes. Telling everyone not to start without him.


Mr. Walens nodded and the man left down the hall. Tony gave him a quick nod indicating that man couldn’t be trusted. Mr. Walens nodded and got up from his seat around the conference table and went out the door then came back in soon after then latched the door from the inside. To prevent anyone from coming in stating this was a private meeting. Again some had forgotten to inform me and Tony, but Tony played it cool and in some ways, it was a fast way to check them out and see who is who and who are occult members and who were not, after all, all we had was today and as we wrapped things up in the morning.


He quickly apologized and reintroduced me with using the name he created for me Jacob Farnsworth because no was allowed to know my real name just in case it got back to the occult. Causing everyone to gasp letting the man on his left stand up and slam his hand down on the table. “You mean to tell me you have brought in spies into this school to spy on us and implanting a fake student?”


Mr. Walens stood eyeing the man said. “Yes, and for good reason, Yet I didn’t bring him and second all there is a real Shawn Rothwell, and he will be attending here on Wednesday if you must know, now sit down and shut up and I will tell you why. Now that you have been read in and found out you are the people I have hired to teach here. Nothing leaves this room, no one must know, not the staff not the students.


“You must treat this young man before us as Shawn Rothwell; you must treat him as one of your students; today and until he leaves, when the other one shows up.  I have brought him here to meet you and to be tested and so you can see what you are up against that has come to our school under our very noses.


“I am asking you right now either support me or get the hell out and turn in your resignation because I can not trust you to work here if you don’t. I will give you until the clock reads half past.” He took a seat and we had a quiet breakfast. Only one other person left and it was the same man that was angered for us being here. Mr. Walens gave a heavy sigh and called security to escort him out telling him. “Thanks for all your hard work. I’ll send your things to your home.”


He asked if there was anyone else. No one volunteered. He turned his attention to Tony, as he placed the first video in, it was of the library. We watched as several robed men and students walked in passing the front desk. Noticing the librarian not asking any questions which stated it had been going on for a long time.


Moments later I showed up and she and I exchanged words then walked back to the very back where the hidden room was. The cameras switched angles as they all watched revile the room to me, hearing them all gasp. Tony and I smiled seeing their faces when she was knocked out cold watching her fall to the floor seeing Tony dressed in his cool ninja outfit while team dressed like him with their own logo painted on the back.


Tony stopped said. “It is the second of the second hidden room they had found and this one wasn’t on the building plans new and old ones. Which meant it was built in secret.” Everyone asked where we had gotten that information. Tony said. “From a source by the first person we had come across leading us to the first room.”  He passed around the picture of the man that I had met in the dormitory blaming it all him instead of reviling Jeff.


Everyone gasped because they couldn’t believe that he was part of this which opened to more questions. Tony said again not linking Jeff, but instead, he pointed to me having me show my wrists. I got up out of my wheelchair and walked around to each of the members, causing them to eye me up and down. Noticing the ace bandages and watched me take my arm out of my sling.


Mr. Walens quickly stated by saying. “That’s right, his leg isn’t broken, nor is his fingers or his arm sprained.” As I wiggled them and removed the sling as Mr. Walens stated that the real Shawn Rothwell’s fingers are broken, but I needed the wheelchair due to severe muscle weakness due to one of their members poisoning me and nearly killing me. Who was thought to be a friend of the family named Gloria West? They all eyed me as I made my way around the table showing my wrists were the tattoo had been painted on.


Tony quickly stated. “Most, if not all the members of the occult that they are hunting down has these markings, and if you are a sensitive person like our young man is he can feel it, even the weakest he can feel it.


“I haven’t learned how or what it feels like unless it’s a very strong member in the occult. It feels like you just touched a rotting corpse and chills you from the inside out and makes you want to bathe in bleach. You’ll notice it the second you shake hands with them. There are other signs we look for and we’ll go over them so you can determine if one of your students is part of the occult.


“So far we have found 8 in totaled. We still have a lot more to go before we can be certain; we will need your help today to locate them. So we know who they are.” Tony stated if they could hold their questions until the end we would be glad to answer them. I quickly ate my breakfast as Tony push play on the tape. I smiled seeing me in action as I took out five of the members all by my little old self.


I smiled, even more, when they all turned to look at me in pure amazement. Even Mr. Walens seemed very impressed and in shock seeing a 16-year-old boy take on 5 people. Tony smiled at me as they asked if he trained me. Tony said. “No, but a friend of theirs and benefactor known as Mr. David Stringum informed me that this young man is more then capable of protecting himself if the need arises.”


I quickly said. “I have been taking classes in kickboxing, Gymnastics and swimming as well as wrestling.”


I didn’t mention I had won several awards over the years, but Tony did as he passed around file listing them and my grades, the only thing that was crossed out was my name to protect my true identity as they saw me holding my trophies and ribbons. Tony laughed when they asked what my career goal was. They gasped when I said a chef. Some stated. Why when I could be an asset to Tony’s team? I said. “Doesn’t mean I couldn’t cook a fine meal now and then for a girl or my wife now and again, I am quite good with a knife.”


Causing Mr. Walens to laugh telling me how very true, said. “Are sure you won’t consider staying on here? I am willing to give you a full scholarship.”


I shook my head. “No, public high school is more than enough of a challenge for me, but thanks, plus I rather not be in the same school as Shawn.”


Mr. Walens gave a heavy sigh and told Tony to bring our guests in so his staff could meet the real Shawn. I questioned if that was such a great idea, but I wasn’t the one running the show. Tony opened the side door where Mr. Walen's offices was which was joined to the conference room.


Shawn was escorted in and had a black bag over his head with his leg in a cast wearing white dingy t-shirt and shorts; he was barefoot as they wheeled him in handcuffed to his wheelchair to keep him in it. His bodyguard gave me a nod as Tony said and. “This is the real Shawn Rothwell,” Giving his bodyguard permission to remove the hood. Everyone gasped as they quickly compared him to me, noticing he had been gagged as his eyes opened wide as he noticed me and the teachers staring at him and me. Tony told his bodyguard to remove the gag so Shawn could say a few words.


Shawn yelled. “You gaping God damn f*****g fools, how dare you treat one of his God-chosen disciples like this. You should be bowing to me, begging me forgiveness in Mormo’s name. Instead, you let this buffoon miss lead you, and his puppets to destroy our church, you take my brethren hostage with your unclean hands. Now release me and my brethren here, and let me go back to my people and perhaps they will let you live because you have been misled by these two and the people with them. Who I will seek vengeance upon them in the name of my God our holy father Lucifer and his averaging son Mormo who watches over me…” His bodyguard gagged him apologizing to everyone that he does like to run his mouth bit.


Shawn shook angrily trying to free himself his bodyguard reached into his pocket and poked him in the neck as we watched Shawn’s eyes close and nod off. Telling them, “the boy will sleep for hours, please tell me you saved some that for me, I am starving.”


Mr. Walens told him to help himself, giving Tony his full attention. Personally, I didn’t see the likeness of me and Shawn. Other than the fact we were both in a wheelchair and we both had broken fingers and arms in the sling and “had” both casts on our legs.


Tony put in the second video said. “This is what we have learned from the people we have captured last night.” Tony pushed play as each of the members sang once under some truth serum as we watched it being administered. Telling us that they were small group, but have been directed to interrogate through all the boarding schools and take over them in less than a year. So they could finance their church with money from the student’s families and boost their membership across the United States to take over the government by the next election over the next five years.


Each person said the same thing, regarding their plans when asked about how many were here the person laughed giving us a number of 25 or so, but by summer it will be 50 then by next fall the entire school will be theirs. That when it was they could spread out among the towns like wildfire. The children will be sacrificed in the name of their God and their parents will be more than happy too do it and more. Just to reap the benefits. Several questions were asked regarding who all the prophets were and the high bishops and so on.


Most didn’t know because they had been recently been called or were told they would know once they had done what they were asked said he will come and bestow on them the highest honor. Only three of them mentioned a name that their contact was. None of them were Crawford. Tony asked each one if they have sacrificed any of the boys or girls in the school here. The answer was no, stating they couldn’t risk being caught here, but have taken them off the streets nearby.


Making me feel sick to my stomach, but only five were responsible and two had stated that they had done so here, but it was because they had been snooping. Or they were too eager to show their master that they were willing to do whatever it takes to bring forth his desire to take over this school. But we're told not to because it was too much a risk, but they didn’t listen and because of that Mormo and their prophet punished them by not letting them come into the fold until they could prove they could be trusted.


That they could do what they had been told and not be so eager to please. So they wait and they listen and celebrate that others were coming, their membership was growing as their prophet ordered their parents to send their children here so they might teach them their ways.


Again my stomach tightened. Tony clicked off the tape and said. “So you see this is what we are up against. This is what is coming and this why we have come to so we may put an end to it here. We seek your help and taking in these boys like Shawn here and help them see the truth. That they have been deceived only to be nothing more than sacrifice so others may commit crimes like; rapping children, using drugs and alcohol to seek true spiritual enlightenment.


“To plunder and murder in cold blood, to bring forth such violence this world has never seen before. My young friend here is in need of your help, your students need your help so we might be able to put a stop to this before it grows more then it has already. There are 10 more members or so here we still haven’t found, we do not know how many of those students, staff or teachers. Mr. Walens has only chosen the ones he felt he could trust to be here this morning before school starts.


“One you have already left on his own power, even though he wasn’t a member.  The other one is also being questioned because we couldn’t read him, we could tell without a doubt…”  Tony stopped when there were a loud noise and several screams coming from outside in the courtyard. We all ran to the window seeing the person we couldn’t read lay dead on the sidewalk, seeing a pool of blood spilling around him.


I quickly pointed to a figure racing across the lawn making its way to the high brick wall that enclosed the campus. Tony saw where I was pointing, I asked Jeff to follow him, Jeff said he couldn’t see the person, and I asked. “Are you being stubborn and refusing to help us?” 


Jeff said. “No, I can’t see him.” He showed me that a person was shrouded in liquid smoke with no substance. I told him to follow the smoke stating if there is a fire there is smoke. But Jeff told me every time he gets closes he is unable to move towards it. I pulled on Tony whispered in Tony’s ear that we needed to talk privately. He nodded, but he couldn’t do anything, but watch as the person had leaped over the wall and was gone.



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

28 Views
Added on May 25, 2019
Last Updated on February 13, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep