Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Lizet Elaine

Between Lovers

Chapters 6

©Lizzie 2003-present

 

            “I hope I didn’t wake you, Jacob…” Alexandria said

            Jacob sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes, “Who is this?”

            “Do you always make a habit of giving your home number to strangers?” she asked

            “Alex?” he ask, now fully awake

            “Possibly.” she said, “Answer my question and I’ll answer yours.”

            “Okay, what was the question?”

            “I asked if you always made a habit of giving your number to strangers.”

            Jacob laughed softly, “Only if the woman who calls me is beautiful.”

            “Then could I be this Alex you speak of?”

            “It depends on if you went into Tiffany’s earlier and your little sister was standing outside…”

            “I frequent quite a few jewelry stores…”

            Jacob thought a bit, “Ahh, I see. If you are the Alex I speak of, then you’ll meet me for drinks at…”

            “Pitney’s Pub, at four forty-five p.m.”

            “The one on 42nd or the one on 56th?” he asked

            “Let me get back to you on that tomorrow afternoon.” Alexandria said, “Have a pleasant night, Mr. Cartwright.”

            “Same to you…Ms. Bradshaw.” Jacob said. He paused a bit waiting for a correction of some kind, when he didn’t get one, he quickly added, “Good night Alexandria.”

            “Good night Jacob.” she said before she hung up the phone.

            Jacob hung up the phone and put it on the nightstand, “That was so her.” he said to his dog that was lying at the foot of his bed. The dog looked up at Jacob as if to give him the ‘I don’t care look’ before lying back down and going back to sleep.

+*+

            Alexandria set the phone down on the coffee table and sighed, ‘What have I just done?’ she thought to herself. She picked up the carton of half melted ice cream and picked out the cookie dough bits then ate the ice cream last. She tossed the empty carton in the trash and put the spoon on the table.

            “Two more weeks…” Alexandria said out loud, “Two more weeks and I’ll be out of this place.”

            Alexandria reached under the cushion next to her and retrieved her pink and white journal. She turned to a fresh page, pulled a pen out of the bun in her hair and began to write.

 

December 14th, 2002

                        I met a boy today. That sounds so childish, but it’s true. He lives in Erik’s building. Erik lives there as well, so I don’t know if I’ll be moving there or not, but…I love that building. After all, I was the one who convinced Erik to build it and dedicate it to Mom.

                        But, back to the boy I met. I’m meeting him for drinks tomorrow. I don’t know why I even agreed to, or suggested that we meet, but we are. This will be my first date of sorts in quite a while. I’m nervous about that seeing as Xavier did a number on me when we were together, and even now that’s we’re broken up, he’s still managed to affect my life.

                        Last night I had that dream again. So much of what I’ve blocked out is coming back and that’s scaring me. I know that Theca and I have talked about this a lot of times, but I still feel helpless when it comes to my little sister. She’s virtually alone in the big house. The only other person there is Elle and it wouldn’t be fair for her to continue watching Shia now that I’m back in town. That should be our father’s responsibility, but it’s just like Erik to pass the buck to someone else. I have a feeling it’ll be passed on to me and I don’t mind that one bit. I love my little sister and would do anything to see that she’s not hurt.

                        I have an interview with the New York Dance Troupe in a couple days. I’m anxious for it to come already. This is something that I’ve dreamed of my entire life and now that it looks like it will be a possibility, I’m more excited than ever. Teaching dance to little kids is something that I’ve always wanted to do, but I’ve never dreamed I’d be doing it with the NYDT.

                        Well, I have a full day ahead of me tomorrow and I do believe that the furnace in this place is out again, so I have to hunt around for another blanket to throw on the bed.

            -L

Alexandria closed her journal and placed it back under the cushion. She got up from the sofa and retreated to the back room. She pulled two extra blankets from the chest of drawers in the room and tossed it on the bed. “Another cold lonely night for me.” Alexandria said out loud. She fixed the blankets on the bed, pulled on her warmest pair of pajamas and climbed into the bed. She said a silent prayer, closed her eyes and went to sleep.



© 2008 Lizet Elaine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on February 26, 2008