Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Lizet Elaine

Between Lovers

Chapters 10

©Lizzie 2003-present

 

            Jacob spent a good three hours working on the dent in Alexandria’s driver side door. He took a forty-five minute break when Catherine called to give him an update on the house that he was looking to buy.

            “He wants two hundred thousand for it?” Jacob asked, “What’s wrong with it?”

            “Nothing.” Catherine said, “He wants to sell so that he can move to Florida with his forth wife.”

            Jacob laughed, “Fourth? When did he get married again?”

            “Last Wednesday.” Catherine said, “The girl is like your age and he’s in his seventies or something.”

            Jacob laughed more, “Accept the offer. I’ll go over there this weekend and see what work I want done to it.”

            “Okay, I’ll tell him you’re accepting.” Catherine said

            “I have to get back to work. I’ll be closing soon and I actually have a date.”

            “You? Jacob Cartwright has a date?” Catherine asked, “I’m impressed.”

            “You had your shot.” he said with a laugh, “I’ll see you this weekend.”

            Catherine laugh, “See you this weekend Jacob.”

They hung up the phone and Jacob rang the quitting bell. He went back to the garage and pulled Alexandria’s car into it. He locked up the back garages before heading to the front ones. He checked those garages and went back into the main building. He signed the paychecks that were sitting on his desk before putting them into the workers’ boxes. He finally locked up the main building, got in his car and drove to his apartment. He quickly parked his car and was on his way to his apartment to get ready for his date.

He showered and changed into the only clean thing he could find: worn jeans and a Bob Marley t-shirt. ‘Pitney’s isn’t too far from here…I’ll walk it.’ he thought to himself. He put his wallet in his pocket and left a note for his brother in case he was to come home early.

He walked back through is apartment and out the door making sure it was locked and that he had his keys.

+*+

Alexandria sat on the sofa and went though her box of things. The first thing she saw was the gift from the people she worked with. She opened the box and inside was another ballerina figurine to add to her collection. She smiled and placed it back into the box, ‘They remembered…’ she thought to herself.

The ringing of her cell phone reminded her that her sister was waiting for her. She quickly answered her cell.

“Shi-Shi I’m so sorry I forgot to tell you that Jacob and I are having drinks in,” She looked at her watch, “forty-five minutes. I’ll owe you big time if we can meet in a couple days for breakfast lunch and dinner.”

“Is Jacob that guy who gave you his business card the other day?”

“Yeah he is.” Alexandria said

“I’ll take a rain check any time you want to have drinks with him.” Her sister, Shia said, “But Tuesday we’re spending the day together – no Erik, no Jacob and no work.”

Alexandria laughed, “You got it. We’ll spend the day packing up my stuff here so that when my new place is ready I can just move.”

“You found a new place?!” Shia squealed, “Where is it?”

“It’s at the Commodore, but don’t tell Erik. I don’t want him doing anything to ruin this.”

“I promise I won’t tell dad.” Shia said

“Okay, I’ll see you Tuesday. I need to get ready for my…”

“Your date!” Shia said with a laugh

“Oh hush girl.” Alexandria said laughing, “I’ll call you tomorrow night telling you what time I’ll be by the house to pick you up.”

“Okay, talk to you later.” her sister said. They hung up the phone and Alexandria retreated back to her room to get ready for her date with Jacob. Before she got dressed she called the local cab company and asked them to be at the apartment in twenty minutes.

She then stood in the entrance to her closet filing through the clothes. She finally settled on a pair of tight black jeans and a red long sleeve top. She removed her clothes and changed into her new outfit. She sat on the edge of the bed and put her socks and shoes.

The doorman buzzed up telling her about the waiting cab. Alexandria grabbed her cell and shoved it in her pocket; she then emptied her purse and made sure she only had the items she needed: lip gloss, driver’s license, keys and a couple travel size packets of Advil. She walked to the door, opened it, locked it and closed it behind her. She checked to see if the elevator was working and saw that it was. She pressed the down button and the doors quickly opened. She got in and she was soon on her way to the first floor and the waiting cab.

Ten minutes later the cab was pulling up in front of Pitney’s Pub. Alexandria paid the driver and got out. She walked passed the line of people waiting to get in, showed her ID and the man at the door let her in.

“Jacob Cartwright is going to be meeting me here.” she told the man at the door.

“The guy with the body shop?”

“Yeah, that’s him. Let him in and tell him where my table is.”

           “Sure thing.” he said. Alexandria handed him some money and was on her way though the packed pub.



© 2008 Lizet Elaine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on February 26, 2008