Chapter 24

Chapter 24

A Chapter by Lizet Elaine

Between Lovers

Chapter 24

© Lizzie 2003-present

 

Shia nodded her head and followed Alexandria to the room that Jacob said was their mother’s. When they walked in, the bed that their mother, Tina, once used, that was also once their Grandmother Daisy’s bed, was placed on the left side of the room. On the right was a large window. Below that, standing three feet tall was the old chest that contained a lot of their grandmother’s clothes, pictures and jewelry.

On the wall directly in front of the entrance was the old dresser that Alexandria remembered from growing up. On the opposite side of the bed, to the left of the dresser was a large closet. The closet door was open and from the light that came in through the window, Alexandria could see into it and noticed the pink box sitting on a chair, that more than likely contained the blanket that she made for her mother when she was seven.

Alexandria walked to the closet, felt on the inside wall for a light switch and flicked it on. She reached in and picked up the box from off a chair. Then she walked back to the bed and sat down.

“What’s that Lexi?” Shia asked as she joined her sister on the bed.

Alexandria opened the box and smiled some, “You’re way too young to remember this, but I was seven and you weren’t even one, but it was mom’s birthday and I gave her this. Nana and I worked on it for months and when it was finished, I was so proud of myself.” she took the blanket out of the box and opened it, “When I gave it to mom, I was so scared she wouldn’t like it, but when she opened it she told me she loved it.”

“It’s so pretty.” Shia said lightly touching it, “Why wouldn’t she like it? It’s her favorite color.”

Alexandria smiled, stood up and moved the box to the floor, “Let’s put it on the bed.” Shia stood up, the fixed the top blanket then spread the pink blanket on the bed and smoothed the edges of it.

“I bet mom’s real proud of you.” Shia said with a nod of her head.

“She’s proud of you too.” Alexandria said hugging her sister, “And I’m sure Brandy too.”

Shia laughed, “Even if she is being a pain.”

Alexandria shrugged her shoulders, “She’s like daddy in more ways than one.” Alexandria’s cell phone rang and she rushed to the living room and pulled it out of her jacket pocket, “Jell-O?” she said with a laugh

“Jell-O?” Jacob said, “Whatever. Dinner’s ready.”

“Ohh goody.” she said, “We’ll be over in a bit.” Alexandria pressed end on her cell, “Shi, food!”

Shia ran out of the room, “Good, I’m starved!” They walked to the door, opened it and walked out. Alexandria closed the door, not bothering to lock it since she was just going three doors down and didn’t think anything would happen.

In California

            Trevor Wayne sat in the large corner office of his father’s architecture firm’s headquarters. He leaned back in the leather chair and looked out the window that faced the Hollywood Hills. The sun was just beginning to dip behind the other large buildings and there was an array of oranges, pinks and purples that could be seen.

            Michael Wayne was sitting off to the side talking to his son about the new office that was being opened and how Trevor was to be the head of that venture. Michael looked up from his papers, “Trevor are you listening to me?”

            Trevor turned around and sighed, “Go to New York at the end of this week…apartment waiting for me…blah blah blah.” He said, “You’ve told me this hundreds of times.”

            “Just wanted to make sure you understand everything.” Michael said, “Now when you get to New York, a car will be waiting to take you to the Commodore. When you get there, ask for Erik Bradshaw. He’ll give you the keys and have the lease for you to sign.”

            “I still don’t understand why you can’t send someone else there are wait until the beginning of the year,” Trevor said turning back around and looking out the window.

            “How many times have you asked me when you’d be able to head up one of my offices and I said you’d be given the job and I felt you were ready?” Michael asked.

“Countless times.” Trevor mumbled

“Right and I feel you’re ready now.” His father said, “You have to go now, because Erik Bradshaw has things planned and you’re to head those projects. Understand?”

“Yeah.” Trevor said turning back around and standing up, “But I don’t have to like it.”

“No one said you had to.” Michael said, “But remember, you’re representing me and this company. Do me proud.”

Trevor nodded his head, walked out of the office to tell the people under him he was being moved to New York at the end of the week.

In New York

            By Friday, Veronica Troy had been in contact with Alexandria and gave her the information she needed for rehearsals. She was given the schedule and was soon on her way to rehearsals. Rehearsals were four days a week, twelve hours a day, so during that time, Shia stayed with friends or other family until Alexandria came back from practice.

            After the first three days, Alexandria felt pain in places she never knew existed. Jacob came over for a couple of hours and massaged her legs and abdomen, the two places that hurt the most.

            “Are you sure you’re going to be okay?” Jacob asked her after the end of the first week

            Alexandria nodded her head as she adjusted the heating pad on her stomach, “Oh, I’m fine. One of the many hazards of the trade.” She said with a laugh. She looked at Jacob, “Babe, I’ll be fine. My body’s just getting used to all the work. By this time next week, I’ll be completely used to it.”

            Jacob kissed her lips, “Okay. I have to pick up my parents from the airport and Jordan and D come back today as well.” He said, “Then I’m going to pick up our trees.”

            Alexandria smiled, “I remember. There’ll be something to eat by then.”

            Jacob stood up, walked to Alexandria’s apartment door, stopped and turned around. “Oh, I forgot to tell you that Brandy called again. She said she really wants you to call her back.”



© 2008 Lizet Elaine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on March 4, 2008