Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by Lizet Elaine

Between Lovers

Chapters 14

©Lizzie 2003-present

 

            When Jacob got back to the living room he sat on the sofa and sighed. Alexandria could tell something was bothering him and that he probably had something to do with his brother. She walked over the sofa and sat next to him. She didn’t say anything, but waited for some unspoken cue that he was ready to talk.

            Jacob glanced at Alexandria and smiled some, “Sorry about leaving like that.”

            “Its okay.” she said, “Is everything okay?”

            “My brother and his boyfriend are going to South America.”

            “Is there something wrong with that?”

            “Well, no, but I was hoping that he’d come with me to our parents house for Christmas.”

            “Did he know that?” she asked

            “Well…no.” he said

            “It’s been my experience that if you don’t tell someone you want to do something, then they aren’t going to know.”

            Jacob laughed some, “Well, that’s true. But with Jordan, it’s kind of hard since I never know when he’s going to be home.”

            “That would make it hard, but there’s always messages, notes, phones, e-mails…need I go on?”

            Jacob laughed again, “No, I get the hint.”

            “Now that we have that all straightened out, can we go back to having a good time?”

            “What would you like to do?” Jacob asked with a smile

            Alexandria looked at Jacob, leaned over and softly kissed his lips. Jacob wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to his body. Never breaking the kiss, he moved his body so that he was laying back and she was on top of him. Alexandria lightly sucked on his lower lip before slowly pulling away.

            “Normally, I’m not this fast with things, but I have a feeling this should move to the bedroom.”

            “Aww, do we have to?” Jacob asked playfully, “I wanted to give my brother something to remember while he was off traveling the Amazon.”

            Jacob and Alexandria didn’t notice Jordan walk into the living room until he stoke up, “My brother’s pale white a*s isn’t exactly what I want to see before I leave.” Jacob glared at his brother before flipping him off, “I think I’ll pass of that offer.” Jordan continued on to the kitchen, “If you can pry yourself away from your…entertainment long enough to pick up my meds for next month, that’d be great.”

            Jacob was about to get up and say something to his brother when Alexandria placed her hand on his chest and turned to look at the man who was walking out of the kitchen, “I really hope you and your boyfriend enjoy yourselves in South America. And I’ll make sure Jacob picks up your meds.” she smiled sweetly, stood up, took Jacob’s hand and walked towards the back of the apartment where the rooms were.

            Jordan shook his head and walked out of the apartment. Before he closed the door he yelled to his brother, “I’ll be sure to send you and your new girlfriend a postcard.”

            Jacob led the way to his room, pushed the door opened and turned on the light. On his bed were two dogs and one of his love birds. “Stella, how did you get out of your cage?” he walked to the bed, gently picked up the little bird and walked over to Alexandria, “This is Stella.”

            “What a pretty love bird. Does Stella have a fella?” She couldn’t help but laugh.

            Jacob laughed as well, “Yes, she has a fella. His name is Malcolm.”

            She nodded her head and lightly rubbed the bird’s head, “I bet she misses him.”

            “More than likely. I’ll be right back.” he walked out of the room and placed the bird back in her cage with her mate then walked back to his room. When he got back to the room, Alexandria was already sitting on the bed playing with the two dogs, “I see you met Buster and Babs.” he commented as he joined her on the bed.

            “More like they found me.” she said with a smile, “Right after you left the room, this one,” she pointed to the one in her arms, “got off the bed and sniffed my socks before lying across my feet.”

            Jacob laughed, “Babs has a habit of doing that.”

            “Even to perfect strangers?”

“Especially with strangers who are bare feet.”

Alexandria laughed, “I’ll have to remember that.”

            “And this quiet one is Buster.” Jacob said picking up the other dog, “He’s the shy one.”

            “And he so cute.” she said leaning her face close to the dogs and kissing his nose. Jacob laughed when the dog licked Alexandria’s lips.

            “I think he licks…I mean likes you.”

            Alexandria made a face and sat up, “Yet another thing I’m glad to know.” Alex yawned some and shook her head.

            “No yawning on me, it’s only…” he looked at the clock, “two fifteen.”

            “That’s late for me.” she said, “I usually go to sleep at two.”

            “You’re more than welcome to stay here.” Jacob said as he took Babs and placed her on the floor, “In fact, I insist you do.”

            “I guess I could this one time…”

“And any other time its past your beauty sleep time.” Jacob said jokingly, “I’ll grab a sweatshirt you can wear.” he got off the bed, went to his closet and returned with an extra-large New York Fire Department sweatshirt, “You can use this.”

Alexandria took it and gave a sleepy smile, “Thanks.”

“No problem. Bathroom is in the corner and I need to check on the locks.” he walked out of the room.

Alexandria yawned some and walked to the bathroom. She pushed the door closed some and began to strip off her clothes and put the sweatshirt on. She picked up her clothes and carried them back with her to the room. She dropped them on a chair next to the bed then walked to the bed and sat on it.

            When Jacob got back to the room, she was in the sitting position, but she was sleeping. Jacob laughed to himself, pulled the covers down next to her and positioned her body so that she was lying down. He pulled the covers up around her, turned off the light, grabbed a blanket from the hall closet and walked to the living room to sleep on the sofa.



© 2008 Lizet Elaine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on February 27, 2008