Chapter 21

Chapter 21

A Chapter by Lizet Elaine

Between Lovers

Chapter 21

© Lizzie 2003-present

 

December 17th

 

            Alexandria woke up bright and early on the day of her interview. She moved to get out of her bed when the person next to her stirred. She looked over at Jacob’s sleeping form, leaned down, softly kissed his lips and got out of bed. She picked her robe up from the edge of the bed, put it on and walked to the kitchen.

Once she got to the kitchen, she looked through the packed boxes for two coffee cups. She hated that she let Jacob talk her into packing up everything, but was glad that she got it out of the way. She pulled out the two cups and set them on the counter, then she went through another box looking for the coffee maker. Once she found it she set it up and began to make the coffee. Then she went to the front door, opened it, got the paper, closed and locked the door, walked back to the breakfast bar and began to flip through the paper.

Once she heard the first few drops of coffee hit the pot, she went back to the room and pulled out the clothes she was going to wear before going to the bathroom. She passed by her alarm clock, looked it and sighed, ‘Three hours until I have to leave.’ She walked into the bathroom, turned on the radio and got in the shower.

An hour later she got out of the shower, dried off and put her clothes on. When she walked back to the room, Jacob was still asleep. She decided not to wake him, instead she went back to the kitchen, poured herself a cup, pulled out a stool at the breakfast bar, sat down and read through the Entertainment section of the New York Post. She heard stirring in her room and figured Jacob finally decided to get up.

As she poured her second cup, Jacob appeared in the entrance between the living room and the hallway leading to the bedrooms. “You’re up early.” Jacob said as he walked to where Alexandria was sitting.

“It’s seven fifteen. I have to leave for my interview in a couple hours.” she said sipping the hot coffee, “Are you sure you want to take my stuff to the new apartment?”

“I’m due for a day off from work.” he said as he poured himself some coffee and sat on the stool next to her, “Plus, it’ll give me the chance to go through your stuff.”

Alexandria rolled her eyes and laughed, “I bet my personal items are just so interesting.”

“You’d be surprised.” Jacob said. He grabbed the sports section and flattened it on the counter.

“By all means, help yourself to my paper.” Alexandria said as she stood up and put her cup in the sink, “If you don’t have everything taken over, don’t worry about it. My sister and I can take it over.”

“Oh, I’m sure I can have it all taken care of.”

“No, really, I mean it.” she said, “I want to take something over.” she walked around the counter and went through her gym bag that was sitting on the sofa, “But when you do leave, give Charlie the key.”

Jacob nodded his head, not bothering to look up from the paper, “The movers said they would be here about noon.”

“I’ll still be doing my interview.”

“I still don’t understand why you don’t want me to be there…” Jacob said as he glanced up from the paper.

“I’m nervous enough as it is and having anyone, other than Ramon and Cherry, there will get to me.”

Jacob playfully sniffed, “It’s okay, I understand.”

Alexandria looked at him and laughed, “That didn’t work with my sister yesterday, so what makes you think it’s going to with you?”

Jacob shrugged his shoulders, “Because I’m specialer?”

“No such word, dear.” she said. She picked up her bag, walked over to him and kissed his lips, “I gotta go, I don’t want to be late.”

Jacob smiled, “Break a leg.”

Alexandria smiled, opened the front door, walked out and closed it behind her. Then she walked down the hall to the elevator, got on it and was on her way down and out to her car.

+*+

            By nine a.m., Alexandria was pulling into the parking lot of the main building for the New York Dance Troupe. She parked her car, got out, locked it and walked to the building. She looked on the directory listing to see which floor she needed to go to. Once she found it, took a breath and headed to the elevator.

            She got to the third floor, walked down the hall and heard the familiar laughs of Cherry and Ramon. She found the room where they were and leaned against the wall, letting her gym bag drop to the floor. “I see you actually came early.” she said

The pair turned and walked to her, “Girl, what took you so long to get here?” Ramon asked

“Long night of packing.” she said with a yawn.

“I’m sure.” Cherry said, “I hope you have some foundation to cover that hickey on your neck…”

Alexandria’s eyes went wide as she walked out of the room and looked in the mirror that was hanging in the hall, “Oh my God! I’m going to kill him!” she said, “Ra, in my bag is my makeup, get it for me…please.”

Ramon went through her bag, found the makeup bag and took it out to her, “That is one big sucker!” he said handing her the small bag.

“I told him that I bruise easily.” Alexandria said as she went through the makeup bag and pulled out her foundation and began to cover up the hickey.

When she finished with that, she went back into the room where her bag was, pulled out the costume she was going to wear for her interview and went into the bathroom to change. She walked out of the bathroom and met Cherry in the hall, “What do you think?” she spun around.

“Ramon hooked you up!” she said fixing the straps of the airy pixie like sundress that Alexandria had on.

“Hell, I’m surprised he got my measurements right.” Alexandria said as she looked in the mirror, “Where is Ramon anyway?”

“Talking with the piano player who’s going to play while you dance.” Cherry said, “I think he said something about me taking you to the room in a couple minutes.”

“Why?” Alexandria asked as she pulled the pins out of her hair and let it fall to her shoulders.

“He said he thought of a simpler move for one of your steps.”

Alexandria nodded her head and walked to the rehearsal room, “I hope I don’t fall flat on my a*s.”



© 2008 Lizet Elaine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on March 4, 2008