Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Lizet Elaine

Between Lovers

Chapters 8

©Lizzie 2003-present

 

The men scratched their head and smirked, “You expect us to pay for that piece of trash in the parking lot?”

“I expect you to do more than just pay for it.” she said, “I expect you to loose your job over it.” The men laughed as Alexandria turned and walked away.

She walked back up the stairs to her apartment, grabbed her digital camera and went back to the parking structure. She set her purse on the floor and began to take pictures of the damage to her car. She put her camera in her purse and called her boss.

“Mr. Johnson’s office please.” she said when the operator picked up. She waited while she was connected.

“Ms. Bradshaw, I expected you here ten minutes ago.”

“I’m terribly sorry, Mr. Johnson.” she began, “My car was hit and I have to take it to be fixed.”

“How long will it take you to get here?” Mr. Johnson asked

“Seeing as it’s a Sunday and you called me in on my day off…”

“Say nothing else. Get here as soon as you can.”

“Thank you.” Alexandria said as she hung up. ‘Insurance.’ she thought to herself. She picked up her things, unlocked her car and grabbed the notepad sitting on the dashboard. She wrote down the license plate number of the van and name of the repair company. She debated on whether she should call a tow truck but then opted to drive it herself. ‘No sense in adding more damage to it.’ she thought to herself.

She got in the car and headed out the parking structure. She pulled to the side of the street and dug around in her purse for the business card she got the night before. She found it and dialed the number. ‘Twice in one day…he’ll think I’m really after him.’ She was relieved when the same woman who answered the phone before answered again.

“Ahh, Ms. Bradshaw, what can I do for you today?” the woman asked.

“I need to speak with Jacob, it’s important.”

“Hold on please.” the lady said as she placed Alexandria on hold. She buzzed into Jacob’s office, “Alexandria is on the phone. she said it’s important.”

Jacob picked up his phone, “Please tell me you aren’t canceling…”

“Well, hello to you too.” Alexandria said, “I’m not canceling on you, but I need to ask a huge favor of you.”

“Asking for favors so soon?” Jacob said with a laugh, “What can I do for you?”

“These a*****e repairmen dented and scratched my car.” She said, “Can you fix it?”

“Bring it by and we’ll see what can be done.” he said

“Thanks, I’ll see you in ten.” she hung up her phone and began to head to Jacob’s detailing shop.

After a ten-minute drive, Alexandria was pulling into the driveway of Jacob’s detailing shop. She parked her car in the first spot she saw and walk towards the building. She opened the door and a bell rang causing the receptionist to look up.

“May I help you?” She asked

“I’m Alex, I called earlier and spoke with Jacob…”

“He’s waiting out back. Drive your car around the right of the building and he’s in the first garage on the right.”

“Thanks.” Alexandria walked out of the main building, got in her car and went to the back of the establishment. Once she got there, she found Jacob working on a powder blue Corvette. She parked her car, got out and walked to the Corvette.

“Nice Corvette.” she said leaning against the car.

“You like it?” Jacob said sliding from under the car.

“It’s no Chevy, but it’s nice.” Alexandria said with a smile, “Yours or someone elses?”

“This is one of my many babies.” he said with a smile, “I fix ‘em up and sell them so I don’t get too attached to them.”

“I may be tempted to buy this one if mine,” she motioned to her parked car, “can’t be fixed.”

Jacob got up from the board he was on and wiped his hands on his work pants, “I haven’t come across a car that I couldn’t fix. So let’s see this car you say is messed up.”

They walked to her car and Jacob assessed the damage, “How exactly did all this happen?”

“The elevator repair men hit and scratched it some how.”

Jacob nodded his head, “This can be fixed.”

“How long and how much?” Alexandria said hoisting herself up on the hood.

Jacob thought a bit, “A couple weeks to bang the dent out and a couple days to paint everything to match. So by Christmas you can have it back.”

“And how much?”

“That we can discuss over drinks tonight.” he said with a smirk

Alexandria laughed, “Okay. But now that I’m out of a car, I’m going to need a ride to work.”

“I have a loaner you can use…” Jacob offered, “How do you feel about sports cars?”

Alexandria shrugged her shoulders, “They’re okay…”

“But let me guess, it’s no Chevy right?”

“You are a smart one, Mr. Cartwright.”

Jacob made a face, “My Pops and Father are Mr. Cartwright. I’m just Jake.”

           “Well, Just Jake, show me to this loaner car.”



© 2008 Lizet Elaine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TLK
I feel that there is so much dialogue here that I don't really see the characters -- just their words.



Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
1 Review
Added on February 26, 2008