Chapter 16

Chapter 16

A Chapter by Lizet Elaine

Between Lovers

Chapter 16

© Lizzie 2003-present

 

“Well, enjoy the short thirty second ride.” Alexandria smiled and bagged out the garage. Then she pressed a button on her key ring.

“What about the gar…” Jacob began. The door slowly moved down to the locking position, “Never mind.” He laughed.

“Everyone has that same response.” Alexandria laughed. She drove out the basement parking and stopped behind Jacob’s car.

She put the car in park and turned to look at Jacob, “I had a nice time last night.” Jacob said when he looked at her, “And I’m going to do something I rarely ever do…”

“And that is?” she asked with a small smile

“Ask you for a second date.” Jacob said

“I’m sure something could be arranged.” Alexandria said, “You have my number, right?” Jacob shook his head no, so she pulled out a business card, “I too have business cards.” She laughed and grabbed a pen to cross out her work number and address then she wrote in a cell number. “The other number is the number to my father’s house. I’m rarely there, but if you can’t get me on my cell, then call there and they can put you in touch with me.”

Jacob nodded his head, took the card and opened the door to get out, “Again, thank you for a wonderful night.” He leaned over and softly kissed her lips. Alexandria kissed back and he pulled away with a smile.

He got out the car and walked to his car. He opened the door, got in, closed the door and waited for a minute before driving off. Alexandria followed him for a couple blocks before turning onto Broadway Ave. and to go to the Dance Studio.

+*+

Ever since Alexandria was able to walk, her mother had her in some kind of dance class. Against her father’s wishes, Tina enrolled each of her children, first Brandy at two years old, and then Alexandria at eighteen months. Tina died before she could enroll her youngest daughter, Shia.

Erik didn’t want to be bothered with having to take his children to dance class so he pulled them out of it. However, while he was away on business, Noel made sure the children went to class and that Shia got into the proper dance class. When Erik found out he was furious. He would have fired Noel, but he didn’t have anyone else to care for his three daughters. Instead, he sent his oldest daughter, Brandy to live with family in Chicago, keeping his youngest two with him.

Throughout her education, Alexandria continued with her dancing. She would take classes whenever her father went out of the state for business or when he would be away at his office for weeks at a time. When she was accepted to the college of her choice, she knew that it would be a great time for her to study dance more thoroughly. Always keeping in mind what her mother and Noel always told her about having something to fall back on in case dance falls through; she took various types of business classes so that if her father were to ask what she was taking, he would be somewhat proud of her. That never happened. The instant Erik heard she minored in dance; he wanted nothing else to do with her education and cut off all communication between Shia and Alexandria, much like he did with Brandy and Alexandria.

+*+

            Alexandria pulled into the parking lot of the Dance Studio. She’d been working there part-time since she graduated from college. The director of the Studio, Madeline, was the one who told her about the auditions to for the New York Dance Troupe and worked closely with Alexandria in building up her skills.

            As Alexandria got out of the car, it started to lightly snow. She quickly got back in and pulled the car into the covered parking that was on the other side of the building. Once she parked the car there, she made her way to the elevator to go to the studio she used when she subbed for other instructors. The elevator doors opened on the ground level, and Alexandria got in. A short time later, the doors opened up on the third floor. Alexandria walked out of the elevator and to her studio. She looked at the clipboard next to the door and sighed, ‘Great, modern dance.’ she thought to herself, ‘I guess my Usher CDs won’t work this time around.’ she put the clipboard back, unlocked the door and walked in to set up for the class.

            Thirty minutes later the first of the students streamed in. They set their things down by their lockers and walked into the studio. Alexandria was already changed and beginning the classes stretching routine. The students fell in line and followed with their stretching.

            “Your regular instructor couldn’t be here so I’m filling in.” she said as she turned and faced the students, “I recognize a few of you and I’m sure others of you recognize me so, please don’t give me a hard time.”

            The people in the room laughed, “We wouldn’t do that to you, Alex.” one of the students said

            “Glad to know.” she said, “So, of those who know me and who have taken my classes before, where are your CDs?” Three people walked over to the CD player and put their CDs down. One put a CD in; skipped to the song they wanted and walked back to the group.

            Old school Tina Turner blared through the speakers as a few of the students tried to do some of the moves from Private Dancer.

            Alexandria shook her head, “You girls are doing it all wrong.” she said. She grabbed a folding chair, set it in the middle of the room. She motioned for someone to start to song over, they did so and she went through part of the dance, “Now you try.” she said to the class.



© 2008 Lizet Elaine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on February 27, 2008