Chapter 28

Chapter 28

A Chapter by Lizet Elaine

Between Lovers

Chapter 28

© Lizzie 2003-present

 

Alexandria turned and looked at the laughing men then she glared at Jacob, “I hope you enjoy a cold bed tonight.” then she looked at Trevor, “Care to come over for drinks? We’re having an impromptu Christmas party.”

Trevor gave Jacob a confused look then looked at Alexandria, “Sure…but I don’t have anything to bring.”

“Fifth floor at the end of the hall. And don’t worry about it. I’m sure you can make up for it at the New Year’s party” she said with a smile. She turned to walk out of the laundry room, “Jake, be a dear and bring up the clothes when you come up.”

Jacob walked to the rolling basket and pulled it behind him, “I’ll see you upstairs.” he said to Trevor as he walked out of the room.

A couple of hours later, there was a knock at the door and Jacob answered it, “Trevor, glad you could make it.” he said moving to the side, “Come in and make yourself at home. Alex is making drinks so tell her what you want.”

Trevor nodded his head and looked at the other people in the apartment. He wasn’t sure if they were tenants or just friends. He walked to the kitchen where he saw Alexandria making drinks and laughing. “Seems you’re quite the popular one.”

Alexandria turned, smiled and gave Trevor a little hug, “Glad you could make it.” she said, “I left the inviting up the Jacob, he’s been here longer than I have.”

“You just moved in?” he asked

“Yeah, on the seventeenth.” she said, “So what’d have?”

“Well, what do you have?” he asked as he looked at the different bottles in front of her.

“I have everything here.” she said. She turned and yelled to Jacob who was laughing with his father, “Freaking pricks wanted Kahlùa’s so I had to make a store run earlier.”

Jacob turned, grinned and held up his glass. Trevor looked at him and laughed, “I’ll be nice and have a Hurricane.”

“One Hurricane comin’ up.” she said with a smile. Trevor watched as Alexandria’s hands moved and mixed the liquids together then poured the concoction into a glass. She handed the glass to Trevor and smiled, “Enjoy the party, I need to make another store run.” she said moving from the kitchen, “If Jake asks, tell him I’ll be back soon.” she grabbed her key, jacket and walked out of the apartment.

Trevor made his way through the groups of people and joined Jacob as he talked to some people. “Trevor, let me introduce you to some people.” Jacob said

            “Okay...”

            “Trevor, this is Marie, Nicole and Naji. They work for Erik.” Jacob said

            “Naji and I met earlier.” Trevor said, “Does everyone who works for Erik live here?”

            “Nah.” Jacob said, “Alex and I don’t.”

            “Speaking of Alex…” Naji said with a Jamaican accent. He wiggled his eyebrows at Jacob, “Things getting hot between you?”

“I’d say, but the walls have ears…” Jacob said motioning to his parents and Alexandria’s little sister, “But let’s just say, I had these clothes on yesterday.”

The group laughed and the women present rolled their eyes, “Now you know that if Lexi hears you she will drop you right here…” Nicole said.

Jacob laughed, “What Lexi don’t know won’t hurt anyone.”

“Mmhmm…” she said, “So where is your girlfriend?”

“Easy with the G-word…” Jacob said looking around, “She’s probably talking on the balcony.”

“She went for another drink run.” Trevor said

“Does that answer your question, Nicole?”

“I guess.” she said

They continued talking and partying into the night. It was well after three in the morning when all the guests were finally gone. Alexandria and Shia finished putting the final touches on their tree and they sat back to look at their work.

“My first tree in my new apartment.” Alexandria said with a smile, “I think we done good.”

Shia smiled at her sister, “I think we did too. And the party was great too.”

“The party was nice.” Alexandria said, “I didn’t think there’d be so many people.”

“Who wouldn’t want to show up for a party?” Shia asked as she downed the last of her soda, “I even stayed up.”

“Speaking of staying up,” Alexandria said, “I have practice in four hours. I need to get some sleep.” she kissed her sister’s head and stood up, “Make sure everything is locked up before you go to bed.” the she walked to her room and smiled when she saw Jacob sprawled out.

December 23rd

            Alexandria was up bright and early. Today was the final full rehearsal before the Christmas Eve performance for the Mayor. She made sure she had all of her clothes, makeup and hair products. She ate a quick breakfast, wrote a note for her sister and left.

            When she got to the main office, Danny Spectra rushed over to her, “Lexi, so glad you’re here.” he said, “Please tell me you know the main part…”

            “Of course I know it.” Alexandria said, “Why?”

            “Kristi slipped on a patch of ice this morning and broke her ankle. You have to do the lead tomorrow and on the twenty-eighth.”

            “I can do the lead tomorrow, but the twenty-eighth I’ll be out of town.” Alexandria said, “Can’t Roberta do it on that day?”

            “I didn’t think to ask her.” Danny said, “Go get fitted for the costume and practice starts in forty-five minutes.”

            Alexandria walked off to her dressing room, dropped her bag and sat in the chair in front of the mirror. A couple minutes later, her cell phone rang; she pulled it out of her bag and smiled when she saw the number on the Caller ID, “Nana.” she said when she answered, “How have you been?”



© 2008 Lizet Elaine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on March 5, 2008