Chapter 27

Chapter 27

A Chapter by Lizet Elaine

Between Lovers

Chapter 27

© Lizzie 2003-present

 

It was well after midnight when Jacob returned from picking Jordan and his boyfriend, D, up and dropping them off at D’s house, and from how unusually quiet it was on his floor he could tell that most everyone was sleep. He unlocked his apartment and quietly walked in closing the door behind him. He walked into the living room and noticed the small light over the sink was still on. He went to it and noticed the containers of leftover food. Next to them was a note from Alexandria.

 

    Thought you could use some food since everyone will probably be too busy to cook for you. Taking your parents to breakfast in the morning, so don’t worry if they aren’t there when you wake up.

                                    Lexi

 

Jacob laughed, picked up the containers and put them in the refridgerator, turned out the light and went to his room, quietly closing the door behind him.

+*+

The next morning, Alexandria, Shia and the Cartwrights went out to breakfast. She took them to a small diner that she frequented and they enjoyed a nice home cooked meal. A couple of hours later, they returned to the Commodore so that Alexandria could get ready for her rehearsal. She dropped Shia off at the mall and Jacob’s parents spent the day sightseeing until he got off of work.

            After practicing for nearly three hours, Alexandria was tired. Her muscles were sore, but she still had other work that she needed to do. Once her got home she took an Advil and sipped on hot tea until her sister called and said she would be getting a ride from their cousin.

            While Alexandria waited for her sister to return home, she took the time to pull out the Christmas decorations and set them on the table. She went through them and decided which they were going to use and which where going to go back into the basement storage. Once she did that, she packed the ones to return and walked to the door with the large box. She balanced the box on her arm while she opened the door. She walked out pulling the door together with her leg then walked down the hall to the elevator. As soon as she got there, the doors opened and she walked in.

            “What floor?” the deep voice asked.

            “Basement.” she said as she dropped the box on the floor and a few of the ornament fell out. Alexandria groaned, reached down for it and put it back in the box. When she stood up she noticed the person she was in the elevator she was with and smiled before picking a spot on the door to look at.

            “I’m Trevor.” the man said, “I just moved in last night.”

            “Alexandria.” she said with a nod of her head

“I saw you this morning, didn’t I?” he asked, “You were going to practice?” Alexandria looked at the man with a raised eyebrow, “My older sister is a dancer and I noticed your dance bag.”

“Oh.” she said, “Yeah, I was going to practice.”

“What kind of dance do you do...if you don’t mind me asking?”

“A little bit of everything, I guess.” Alexandria said as she picked up her box and walked out of the elevator when the doors opened.

“Would you like some help with that?” Trevor asked

Alexandria smiled, “Thanks.” she handed him the box while she pulled her keys out of her pocket and walked to the storage unit.

“You have one of those?” Trevor asked

“Yeah, but don’t tell my dad.” she said, “I’m not supposed to have it until I’ve been here six months.”

“Your dad?” Trevor asked as he put the box in the shed

“That would be Erik…” she said as she locked the door and turned to go into the laundry room.

“You sound so thrilled about that.” Trevor said dumping his bag in the trashcan near the entrance to the laundry room and following Alexandria.

“I don’t make it a habit of admitting that I’m his daughter.”

“What’s so wrong with being a Bradshaw?” he asked, “I hear they get great benefits. Pick of the litter when it comes to men.”

Alexandria laughed, “You must have me confused with someone else.” she said

“You were all the men at the office talked about today…”

Alexandria turned and looked at Trevor, “Excuse me?”

“Your father and I work together and I met some of the other people I’d be working with. You were all they talked about.”

Alexandria groaned as she pulled her clothes out of the drier and placed them in her rolling basket, “Let one guy buy you drinks and the next day it’s all around…”

While they were talking, Jacob walked towards the storage unit and heard Alexandria and someone else talking. He set his box down and went to where the voices were coming from. He saw Alexandria and another man laughing and talking.

“So what they were saying was true?”

“Yeah, like last year.” she laughed

“Well, the way they were talking about made it seem like it just happened.”

Alexandria rolled her eyes, “Typical men…”

“I hope you’re not condemning the entire male population…” Jacob said walking into the room.

Alexandria jumped and dropped her clothes, “Jesus H Christ you scared me!” she threw an article of clothing at him.

Jacob caught it, looked at it and smirked, “Pink thongs aren’t exactly my thing…”

“That’s not what you said last night…” Alexandria said as she pulled more clothes out.

“And you said you don’t bite…” Jacob said. He turned and looked at Trevor, “I’m Jacob, and you must be new.”

Trevor laughed some, “Moved in last night.” he said, “The name’s Trevor.”

“Don’t get too close to Alex…she likes to bite.” Jacob and Trevor laughed.



© 2008 Lizet Elaine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on March 5, 2008