Chapter 26

Chapter 26

A Chapter by Lizet Elaine

Between Lovers

Chapter 26

© Lizzie 2003-present

 

“The next time I get a break from dancing, I’ll put him on a plane out to see you.” She said with a laugh, “I may even join him if my sister isn’t in school.”

California really isn’t as bad as it’s made out to be on the news.” Maria said as she took a sip of her drink.

“Oh I know. I’ve been there quite a few times to see family and when my father is on business trips.”

“Erik Bradshaw, right?” Timothy asked

Alexandria nodded her head, “That would be him.”

“I met him once.” He said, “He seems nice enough.”

“Seems is the key word.” Alexandria said, “He’s all work and rarely has time for his family.”

“As with most men...” Maria said with a nod of her head.

A buzzing of the timer in the kitchen alerted Alexandria to the food that was in the oven, “Lasagna must be ready.” She said standing up and walking to the kitchen

Maria placed her glass on the coffee table and stood up, “Do you need some help?”

“Oh, no; sit, relax. I have everything under control.” Alexandria said, “Shia, come set the table for me.” Shia walked out of her room, passed through the living room, to the counter where she picked up the plates that were sitting there. She walked to the dining room table and began to set it.

Maria picked up her glass and walked into the kitchen, “I can’t sit there and watch you and your sister do all this work.” She placed her glass in the sink and picked up the silverware that was out, “Such nice silver.” She said as she walked to the table.

“It was my grandmothers.” Alexandria said cutting the lasagna.

Timothy was about to join them in the kitchen when Jacob buzzed up, “Lexi, I could use a bit of help here…”

Alexandria walked to the intercom and pressed the talk button, “I’ll be right down.” She walked back to the kitchen and wiped her hands on the towel then grabbed her jacket to walk out.

“I’ll go help him.” Timothy said handing his glass to Alexandria, “It’s probably all snowy and dirty.”

Alexandria nodded her head, “He’s down in the garage. When you get to the end of the hall, the service elevator is on the left and it’ll take you right there.” Timothy nodded his head and walked out of the apartment.

About fifteen minutes later, Jacob and his father returned with the tree. They set it up in the corner near the dining room table and sat down dinner. After dinner, Jacob went back to the airport to pick up Jordan and D, and then he returned back to the apartment.

+*+

Michael sat back and watched as his son spoke to the last of his employees who left the office. A last minute going away party was given, so Trevor had to take a later flight to New York and this threw plans off by a day.

Later on that day, Trevor boarded his plane after saying goodbye to his mother, sisters and father. Three hours later the plane landed and like his father said, there was a car waiting to take him to his new apartment.

Trevor looked out the tinted widow as the cityscape passed him by. ‘The city that never sleeps…’ he thought to himself. An hour later, the car pulled to a stop in front of a ten story building. The door opened and Trevor stepped out.

“Mr. Bradshaw is waiting in the business office.” the driver said, “It’s the first door on the left when you enter the building.”

Trevor nodded his head, pulled his jacket closer to his body and walked to the building. He stopped, turned around and noticed his bags were already being taken into the building through a side entrance. Trevor turned back around and walked into the building. He found the office he was told to go to, knocked on the door and when he was given permission to enter, he turned the doorknob, walked in and closed the door behind himself.

“Mr. Bradshaw, I’m Trevor Wayne…” Trevor said. He watched as Erik held up a finger as if to silence him, then pointed to the papers on the table.

“Keys are on the table next to the lease.” Erik said, “All the work papers you need for Monday are in your apartment. A car will pick you up tomorrow to take you to your office tomorrow at seven. Be ready at six thirty.” Trevor walked to the table, looked over the lease before he signed it and listened to what Erik was telling him, “You apartment is on the sixth floor, laundry room in the basement and after six months you have the option of the laundry service.”

Trevor looked up at the back of Erik’s chair, “Anything else I need to know?”

“Nothing else that I can think of.” Erik said turning around, “Oh, yes, your father called and said your furniture arrives on Sunday.”

Trevor picked up the keys to his new apartment, turned and began to walk out of the office, “Thanks.” he said. He opened the door, walked out and closed the door again. He found his way to the elevator and up to the sixth floor. Once there, he looked at the numbers on the key ring and found his apartment, inserted the key, unlocked the door and walked in. He looked around the bare apartment and sighed, “At least they gave me a sofa.”

He took his jacket off, tossed it on the back of the sofa and took his bags to the back room. He was surprised to see a bed sitting in the middle of the room, but was very grateful. He didn’t bother to remove his clothes because he was too tired. He simply kicked his shoes off and flopped onto the bed.



© 2008 Lizet Elaine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on March 5, 2008