Chapter 23

Chapter 23

A Chapter by Lizet Elaine

Between Lovers

Chapter 23

© Lizzie 2003-present

           

            “Things are getting serious between you two…” Ramon said with a smirk, “This is like the forth time you’ve gone out with him.”

            “Should I be scared that you have my personal life on lock down?.” Alexandria said with a laugh, “I need to pick up my sister and grab the last of my things from my old place.”

            “One of these days, we’re going to get you to dish!” Cherry said.

            Alexandria laughed, pulled her wind pants out of her gym bag and put them on. Then she pulled her jacket on over the dress. After than she sat in a chair and pulled on her black leather boots and grabbed her bag, “I’ll see you after the holidays.” she said as she walked to the elevator.

            “Not if we see you before!” Ramon and Cherry said at the same time.

+*+

            Alexandria got to her car, tossed her bag in the back and headed to pick her sister up. On the way there, she called to see how Jacob was doing with the moving. “How goes the moving?” she asked when he answered his cell phone.

“There are a couple of boxes of figurines left at your place. I told Charlie that you would be by to pick them up.” he said, “How was the interview?”

“I’ll tell you when my sister and I get to the apartment.” she said, “You and I are going to have words when I see you…”

“You can just say good or bad.” he said, then he stopped what he was doing, “Whatever happened I didn’t do it.”

“You’ll find out in twenty minutes.” Alexandria laughed, “And trust me, you did this. I’ll see you soon.”

Jacob laughed, “Okay, see you soon.”

Alexandria ended the call as she pulled into the driveway of her father’s house. She saw her sister, Shia, standing on the porch with some bags at her feet. Alexandria parked the car, got out and walked to her sister, “What’s with the packed bags?”

“Dad gave everyone a permanent vacation.” She said, “He’s moving to Jersey at the end of the week.”

“Where are Noel and the other’s going?”

Shia shrugged her shoulders, “I don’t know, but Auntie Dola said she could move upstate and help her out if she wanted.”

“I swear!” Alexandria said as she picked up one of Shia’s bags and walked to the car, “Erik’s gone too far this time.”

“Yeah, well I officially hate him.” Shia said as she picked up the other two bags and followed Alexandria to the car, “He said that at the beginning of the year I’m to move to Jersey with him whether I like it or not.”

“We’ll see about that.” Alexandria said, “We’ll get the rest of your things tomorrow. I have some news to tell you, but we have to wait until we get to the apartment.”

“Are you and Jacob getting married?” Shia asked

Alexandria laughed, “Girl have you been smoking something!?” she asked, “Jake and I aren’t getting married. We aren’t even dating!”

“Well, what’s the news?” Shia asked

“You have to wait.”

They headed to Alexandria’s old apartment, got the last two boxes, said her goodbyes to a few of her neighbors and Charlie and then went to the new apartment where Jacob was bringing the last of the bedroom furniture into the apartment.

Jacob looked up and smiled as the girls walked down the hall, “You got here fast.”

“It’s not that far away.” Alexandria said with a laugh. she walked into the apartment and looked around, “You did a good job of setting up the place.”

Jacob smiled, “Thanks.”

“Since you’ve been here since noon…” Alexandria said setting her purse down on the sofa and taking her jacket off, “Give me the tour.”

Jacob laughed, “Well, you’re standing in the living room.” he said, “Behind you to the left is the kitchen and dining room. Balcony is behind those curtains…” he pointed to the curtains just beyond the dining room table. He casually took hold of Alexandria’s hand and led her though the living room to the hall, “The bedrooms are back here…”

“I suppose I get my own room, right?” Shia asked as she followed them

“Of course.” Alexandria said, “I wouldn’t make you sleep on the sofa…that’s where Jacob sleeps.” Alexandria and her sister laughed.

“I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that.” Jacob said walking down the hall. He stopped at the first room and pushed the door open, “Guestroom.” Alexandria and Shia looked in and continued walking. The stopped at the second room, “Guestroom or Shia’s room. Bathroom. Your room, Lex…”

“And mom’s room?” Shia asked

“Second largest room at the end.” Jacob said with a motion of his head, “I didn’t know how you wanted the room set up so I left it.”

Alexandria smiled, “You’ve done too much.”

“I didn’t mind.” he said with a smile, “I’m going to go back to my place and start on dinner. I’ll call you when it’s done.”

Alexandria softly kissed his lips, “Thank you.”

Jacob pulled away and kissed her forehead, “I’ll leave you to your unpacking.” he turned, walked down the hall to the living room, grabbed his keys from the side table and walked out of the apartment.

Alexandria licked her lips and looked at her sister, “Wait…the news I have to tell you…” Alexandria said following him.

Jacob stopped and turned around and Shia joined them in the living room, “Okay, so what’s the news?” Jacob asked

“First, I’m upset with you Jacob…”Alexandria said, “I told you I bruised easily and now I’m never going to hear the end of it from Ramon and Cherry.” Jacob laughed, “And…” she continued with a roll of her eyes, “I’ve been given a trial run with the NYDT!”

Shia laughed and pointed at Jacob, “You gave my sister a hickey.”

Jacob laughed again, “I swear it wasn’t me…”

“Hello!” Alexandria said hitting Shia and Jacob, “I just said I was practically in the Troupe and all you can talk about is the hickey?!”

“Forgive us!” Shia said giving her sister a hug, “That really is fantastic.”

“Yes it is.” Jacob said, “When will you know if you’re in?”

Alexandria smiled, “After a couple of performances in a couple weeks.” she said, “Toni or Veronica will call after the first of the year.”

“I stand by what I said before, “Shia said, “That’s great.”

“And I still agree with her.” Jacob added, “Now if you want to eat before it’s late, I have to go cook.”

“Don’t take too long.” Alexandria said, “I’m getting closed to being starved.”

Jacob rolled his eyes and walked out of the apartment, closing the door behind him. Alexandria turned and looked at her sister, “Let’s go work on mom’s room then you can do your room however you want.”



© 2008 Lizet Elaine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on March 4, 2008