Chapter 18

Chapter 18

A Chapter by Lizet Elaine

Between Lovers

Chapter 18

© Lizzie 2003-present

 

            Once Alexandria was sure Jacob was gone, she flopped on to the soft couch by the door and sighed with a smile on her face. Roman and Cherry jumped up and ran to Alexandria, “Who was that hottie?” Cherry asked as she sat on the arm of the sofa.

            “A friend…” Alexandria said, “A very good friend.”

            “Oh, girl, dish!” Roman said sitting next to her, “And leave nothing out!”

            Alexandria laughed, “You’ve known me since I was a little girl, Roman and I’ve never told you about any of my boyfriends.”

            “So he is your boyfriend?” Cherry asked

            “NO!” Alexandria said, “Look, I met him a couple days at Catty’s office. The next day we hooked up.” she said with a shrug of her shoulders.

            “Now when you say hooked up…” Roman began.

            “Oh, I’m not getting into this with you!” Alexandria said standing up and walking to her things.

            “Oh but why?” Roman asked, “It’s not everyday a hot man comes to see you.”

            “Hell, it’s not everyday that we see her,” Cherry said, “so there could be hot men coming up in here like this place was Seven Eleven.”

            Alexandria turned and looked at the two people sitting on the sofa, and then laughed, “I swear you will be the end of me!”

            “But you love us!” they said

            “Unfortunately.” she said with a huff, “I need to go home, shower and get ready to meet Jacob.”

            “What about practice?” Cherry asked

            “At this point, I either know it or I don’t.” she said, “Don’t forget that you guys are my moral support on Wednesday.”

            Roman and Cherry nodded their heads, “Wouldn’t miss it for the world.” Roman said.

            Alexandria smiled, shoved everything into her gym bag, put her jacket on and walked out of the studio, “Lock up when you girls are done.” she smirked

            “Oh go on girl!” Roman said with a laugh

Alexandria walked down the hall to the elevator, pushed the down button and waited for the doors to open, once they did she took a step back, “Xavier, what are you doing here?”

            “Taking dance lessons.” he said, “I need something to fill up my free time with.”

            “Oh, okay…” Alexandria said, “Well, I won’t keep you from taking those lessons.” she turned and began to walk to the stairs.

            “Something wrong with this elevator?” Xavier called out

            “You know I don’t like enclosed places,” she said pulling the door to the stairway open. She walked in and closed the door behind her, then she adjusted the bag on her should as she walked down three flights of stairs.

            Once she got to the bottom, she was grateful that Xavier didn’t know which car she was in or where she was staying. She pushed the door open, pulled her jacket closer to her body and stepped into the cold air. She walked towards the car and pulled her keys out of her bag. Once at the car, she unlocked the door, tossed the bag in and got in closing the door behind her. Using her elbow, she locked the door before starting up the car and pulling out of the spot and heading to apartment.

+*+

            Once Jacob left the Dance Studio he went back to work. When he got there he saw that things were closed up for the day. ‘Just like Rosie to get scared at the first sight of snowfall.’ he thought to himself. He pulled up to the gate, got out of his car and walked to it. He unlocked the gate, pushed it open, walked back to his car, got in and pulled into the lot. He drove around to the back and checked on the other garages before driving back out and locking the gate again.

            As Jacob was leaving his cell phone rang so he glanced at it and sighed when he saw his ex-fiancée’s number, “I’m going to kill Jordan for giving her my number.” he said as he unclipped it from it’s holder and clicked it on, “What do you want, Elise?”

            “Just calling to see how you’re doing and how your date was…” Elise said, “I worry when you go out with any ol’ thang that shakes her a*s in your face.”

            Jacob rolled his eyes as he drove down the street, “What do you really want, Elise?”

            “I told you Jakie.” She said, “I’m worried about you and that girl you’re seeing.”

            “Not that it’s any of your business, but we went out once and that was it.” Jacob said as he rolled to a stop at a red light.

            “Well, do you know anything about her?”

            “I know enough.” He said. The light turned green and Jacob accelerated, “And you know what, I’m not having this conversation with you. We’re no longer a couple. Stop. Calling. Me.” He clicked his phone off and put it back in its holder.

            As Jacob got within a couple blocks of his apartment he saw his ex-fiancée, Elise, walking down the street. He groaned and continued on to his apartment and parked near the underground parking structure. He got out of his and as he was walking into the building he heard Elise’s voice calling out his name.

            “Jake…Jake, wait.” Elise called out as she weaved in and out of the people on the sidewalk.

            Jacob ignored her and continued on into the building. Once he got in he stopped at the front desk, “If Elise comes in here, don’t let her up. Call the police…do anything, just don’t let her up.”

            The man at the desk nodded his head and Jacob walked to the elevator. He wasn’t there but thirty seconds and the doors opened. He walked in, turned around and gave a little wave to Elise as she struggled with the doorman to get in.

            Jacob got to the third floor, walked down the hall to his apartment and he noticed some moving men going in and out of the previously vacant apartment, ‘Alex didn’t tell me she was moving in already…’ he thought to himself. He walked past his apartment and stopped one of the men, “Do you know who’s moving in?”

            The man shrugged his shoulder, “Has to be someone important.”

            “Yeah, we got a call from some chick named Catherine and said we had to move this stuff but to be hush about it.”

            Jacob laughed and turned to walk back to his apartment, “Thanks.” The moving men grunted and went back to moving furniture. Jacob got to his apartment, unlocked the door and walked in. He tossed his jacket on the couch, kicked off his shoes and headed to his room. He went to his bathroom, turned on the shower, stripped off his clothes and got in. ‘Two hours before I meet Alexandria.’



© 2008 Lizet Elaine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on February 27, 2008