Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Lizet Elaine

Between Lovers

Chapters 12

©Lizzie 2003-present

 

            Alexandria and Jacob walked the two blocks to his apartment. Jacob opened the door to the building and they walked in. The doorman looked up from the magazine he was reading and stood up when he saw Alexandria.

            “Ms. Bradshaw, here to see your father?” the man asked

            Alexandria gave him a look, “Now why would I come here to see him?” she asked, “I came to have a good time with Jacob, not to ruin my night.”

            Jacob laughed, “And a good time we shall have.” They began to walk to the elevator but he stopped and turned around, “If you know who decides to show up call and let me know.”

            The doorman nodded his head, “She came by not too long ago, but I wouldn’t let her up.”

            Jacob sighed, “Thanks.” He pushed the up button on the elevator and the doors opened.

            Jacob and Alexandria walked in and the doors closed behind them, “What was that all about?”

            “Crazy ex.” Jacob said, “But don’t worry, she won’t be bothering us.”

Alexandria laughed, “Glad to hear that.”

            The doors opened on the third floor and they walked out, “You know, if you moved here, you’d be on this floor.” he said as they walked down the hall to his apartment.

            “Really, I didn’t know that.” Alexandria said

            Jacob nodded his head and stopped at a door, “Exactly three doors from me and my brother.” he pulled his keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door.

            Alexandria leaned against the wall, “Three doors away you say?” she licked her lips some and nodded her head, “I wouldn’t have to go far for a good time then.”

            Jacob laughed and pushed the door open allowing Alexandria to walk in, “The same would go for me, right?”

            Alexandria walked in and looked around some, “Oh but of course. I’m always down for showing men a good time.”

            Jacob raised an eyebrow, closed the door and locked it, “Showing men a good time?”

Alexandria smirked, “You’ll just have to wait and see what I mean…”

            Jacob made his way to the kitchen and flipped on the light, “I can hardly wait.” he turned and looked at Alexandria who was sitting on the arm of his sofa, “Care for a drink?”

            “Already trying to liquor me up?” she said with a smirk

            “Maybe.” he said, “I have anything and everything under the sun.”

            “Imports or domestic?” Alexandria asked removing her jacket and walking to where Jacob was.

            “Both.” he said

            “I’m in a festive mood; I’ll go with an import.”

            Jacob handed her a beer and grabbed one for himself. Then he walked back to the living room, “Why are you in a festive mood?”

            Alexandria used the bottom of her shirt to open the beer and tossed the cap in the trash can as she walked to the sofa and sat down, “Where to start…I quit my job, I have an interview for a new job in a couple day, I’m staying in a crappy place that my uncle leases, oh and I sign the lease on the place three doors down in a couple days.”

            Jacob nodded his head and took a sip of his beer then looked at her, “I’m sorry to hear about staying at a crappy pla…you’re moving into my building?”

            “Correction, I’m moving into Erik’s building, but I’ll be three doors from you.” Alexandria said with a laugh

            “Then we really need to celebrate.” Jacob said standing up and walking to his stereo to turn it on. Bob Marley blasted through the speakers, “I think a celebration song is due.”

            “I can’t wait to see this.” Alexandria said leaning back on the sofa.

Jacob skipped the CD to Bob Marley’s I Shot the Sheriff. He mumbled his way through the song, but when the chorus came he belted it out at the top of his lungs.

            “I shot the sheriff, but I say, but I didn't shoot no deputy,” he took a swig of his beer and moved to the music, “Ooh, no, oh I shot the sheriff, but I didn't shoot no deputy Ooo, ooo, ooh.”

            All while Jacob was singing, Alexandria tried her hardest not to laugh, but when he started to dance, she couldn’t help it anymore. She doubled over laughing and shook her head.

            Jacob stopped and looked at her, “What? Don’t you like my singing?”

            “It’s not that.” she said trying to stop from laughing more, “It’s your dancing…”

            “What’s wrong with my dancing?” he asked

            “Well, you know the saying, ‘white men can’t jump’?” Jacob nodded his head, “Well, you are one white man who can’t dance. But don’t worry, I can teach you.”

            “You think you can teach me to dance?” he asked

            “If I can teach little kids, then you should be a piece of cake.” she said walking to him, “First you have to loosen up.” she stood next to him, “Follow what I do.” she rotated her head in a circle to the left then to the right, “Next, just shake…shake your entire body.” she began to shake her body then stopped when she got dizzy. She grabbed her stomach, “Okay, I should have known not to do that.”

            Jacob stopped shaking his body and looked at her, “Are you okay?”

            Alexandria laughed, “Yeah, I’m fine. I guess I should take my own advice when I tell my dancers not to drink and do any kind of sudden movements.”

            “Let’s sit you down.” he said leading her to the sofa, “And I think this is the last beer we need to have tonight.”

            “Fine with me.” Alexandria said. She placed her beer bottle on the table and leaned back resting her head on the back of the sofa.



© 2008 Lizet Elaine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on February 26, 2008