Chapter 25

Chapter 25

A Chapter by Lizet Elaine

Between Lovers

Chapter 25

© Lizzie 2003-present

 

Alexandria made a face, “I’ll call her now, then.” Jacob turned and walked out of the apartment, closing the door behind him. He walked to his apartment, got his keys and left to pick his parents up from the airport.

Alexandria turned the heating pad off, pushed it off her stomach and stood up. She walked back to her room, grabbed her phone book and looked for her sister’s number. When she found it, she dialed the number and waited for someone to pick up.

            “Brandy Bradshaw’s office, how may I help you?” The lady asked

            “B, its Lex…” Alexandria said

            “Alex, I didn’t think you’d call me back.”

            “I really had no plans of doing that, but Jacob said you called again.” She said, “So what do you need now?”

            “A couple tickets to this years Christmas performance and for you and Shia to come up here to see me.” She said casually.

            “Ohh don’t know if either of those will be happening.” Alexandria said as she arranged the stuffed animals on her bed, “Shia, Jacob and I already have plans.”

            “Well, can’t you change them?” Brandy asked

            “Not unless you can go back in time and change the date when mom died…”

            Brandy was shocked; “You’re taking Jacob to our mother’s grave site, yet you won’t go with me?”

            “Jacob offered to drive up there with us. I wasn’t going to turn him down, and it’s not like you’ve never brought any of your boyfriends there.”

            “That’s beside the point.” Brandy said, “I’m hurt that you’d rather go with him and not me.”

            “Oh, don't give me that hurt bullshit!” Alexandria said, “What about all the times when I went by myself and you flaked out on me because your boyfriend of the month didn’t want you going?! If I see you there, then fine, if I don’t, then no harm, no foul.” Alexandria hung up the phone and walked out of her room.

            Shia was just walking into the living room and closing the door behind her as Alexandria walked out of her room, “And where have you been?” Alexandria asked

            “Tia Dola took me to get some last minute gifts…” Shia said.

            “Ohh thanks for reminding me!” Alexandria said, “Jacob’s going to be bringing the trees up when he comes back from picking up his parents, so can you clean out a place in here for ours.”

            Shia nodded her head, walked to her room and put her bags away before going back to the living room to decide on where the tree should go. While she was doing that, Alexandria slipped out and headed to Jacob’s place to make sure it was clean before he and his parents arrived.

+*+

            A couple of hours later, Jacob and his parents arrived. He took their luggage to the room they would be using then took them to Alexandria’s apartment where they were going to meet and have dinner and drinks.

            “Mom, Dad, this is Alexandria Bradshaw and her sister Shia.” Jacob said, “Lexi, Shi, these are my parents, Timothy and Maria Cartwright.”

            Alexandria and Shia smiled and shook their hands, “Nice to meet you.” Alexandria said

            “Nice to meet you too.” They said, “It’s not very often that we’re able to meet Jacob’s friends.”

            Alexandria laughed, “He likes keeping me to himself these days.” She winked at Jacob and he rolled his eyes.

            Maria Cartwright laughed, “Jacob can be selfish sometimes.”

            “Mother!” Jacob said, “You know I’m nothing but giving.”

            Timothy and Alexandria laughed, “Oh I’m sure you are.” Timothy said

            Jacob looked at his watch, “Lex, if I’m to get that tree tonight, I better get going.”

            Alexandria looked at the clock on the wall and nodded her head, “Buzz up when you come back.” She said, “Dinner should be ready by the time you come back.”

            Jacob smiled, stood up and walked to the door, “Mom, Dad, I’ll be back soon.” He said, “Jordan and D come back in a couple of hours.”

            “How are they getting home?” Maria asked

            Jacob shrugged his shoulders, “I have no idea. He didn’t tell me when he called.”

            Maria sighed, “I hope he doesn’t take a cab.”

            “You know Jordan doesn’t like cabs. He’ll probably call if they need a ride.” Jacob said walking out of the apartment. Shia excused herself and went back to her room while Alexandria talked with Maria and Timothy.

            “I feel so horrible.” Alexandria said standing up and walking to the kitchen, “Would you like something to drink?”

            “Anything is okay.” Maria said glancing back at Alexandria

            “I make a rather good Martini.” Alexandria said with a laugh, “Or so Jacob has told me.”

            Timothy laugh, “I’ll have that.”

            Alexandria took the ingredients that she needed out of the cabinet and refrigerator, then turned and looked at Maria, “And you Mrs. Cartwright? Apple Martini’s are my specialty…”

            “Since it’s an Apple…I’ll have one.”

            Alexandria nodded her head and got to work on the drinks, “How was your flight from California?”

            “It was quite nice.” Maria said getting comfortable.

“I heard you had a bit of trouble booking the flight?” she asked as she walked to the living room with the drinks on a tray

“It was cancelled twice before we were able to get a solid booking.” Timothy said taking the glass, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Alexandria said as she handed Maria her class and put the tray on the table, “I had that happen to me once before when I was trying to go overseas and I just gave up and took a boat instead.” She laughed

“You like to travel?” Maria asked

“I love traveling.” Alexandria said, “I try to do it as much as possible.”

“Maybe you could pass that love of travel on to my son.” Timothy said with a laugh, “It’s like pulling teeth to get him or Jordan to fly out to see us.”



© 2008 Lizet Elaine


Author's Note

Lizet Elaine
oops, I used more bad language.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on March 5, 2008