Chapter 29

Chapter 29

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER
"

Chapter 29 of "Silent."

"

There was an endless supply of beautiful dresses at “Dress Unlimited.”  In fact there were SO many it made my head spin. I could’ve lost myself in the rows of differently colored dresses. Luckily Hailey was there to keep me from losing my head. Her first priority was finding me a dress that didn’t make me look totally stupid. I basically lived in one changing room while my Hailey danced around the store pulling dress after dress. I swear I must’ve tried on 100 different dresses. All of them were black to fit the midnight dream but that’s all they had in common. Hailey grabbed whatever she could get her hands on. From a-line dresses to mermaids to a very lacy (and revealing) cocktail dress that was one size to small.  

I emerged from the changing room in a ball gown that made me look like a wedding cake. Hailey’s lips puckered as if she just sucked on a lemon. I sighed in defeat and retreated back into the changing room.

“Hailey,” I huffed as I peeled off the dress, “this has been going on for two hours don’t you need a dress?”

“I already found one.”

“What?”

“I found one while looking for yours, its dark blue.” Leave it to Hailey to find a dress on the first trip. But I didn’t think I would have as much success as her.

“Hailey there’s NO way I’ll find a dress. Maybe I should just bail on the whole thing,” silence, “Hailey?” Suddenly a dress was thrown over the door and fell on my head.

“THIS IS THE ONE!” squealed my sister. I sighed but decided to try it on just to amuse her. I have to tell you I was pretty nervous. The dress slipped with ease over my head and fell onto my body perfectly. Do to the four mirrors I had a full 360 view of myself and the dress. And I did like what I saw. The dress went down to my knees and showed off the few curves I actually had. The bottom had two layers and looked liked the bottom of a curtain but it looked good.  It hugged my b***s making me look almost sexy.

“Paige don’t keep me in suspense let’s see it!” I stepped out revealing myself to her. Hailey covered her mouth and her eyes widened. She dropped her hand and mouthed the word wow. I was just as stunned as she was. I hadn’t expected to find the perfect dress for my perfect day with my other half but, that’s exactly what I did.

I couldn’t have asked for a better sister because she paid for her dress and half of mine. She also threw in long black gloves and a chocker with a rose on the side. But of course Hailey was taking a HUGE risk of buying her dress without ACTUALLY trying it on. But the weird thing with my sister she knew if a piece of clothing would fit her without even trying it on. Whether if it was a pair of jeans or a pair of shoes she always picked the right size.

When we walked out of the store I could see the gleam in her eyes and I realized what this meant to her. She actually had a sister now that I had broken free from my shell. I realized how much many sisterly experiences she had missed out because of me. 

“Okay now we need accessories!” Hailey dragged me into store after store grabbing accessories. We stopped at “Payless” and bought two pairs of high heels for each of us. She threw in a black clutch bag she found for me. Of course she didn't leave empty handed. She bought herself long white satin gloves and a small blue sparkly purse.

After our shopping montage was over Hailey and I stopped at “Dunkin Doughnuts” for a caffeine refill. We drove to “Lake Charlotte” and sat in the car to eat our raspberry sticks and drink our coffee. The lake had patches of solid ice along the edges and we watched the remainder of geese waddle on the ice. The heat was blasting and yet the cold seemed to penetrate the windows of my sister’s 'Malibu.' Finally I broke the growing silence and said

“This was fun, we should do it again.” Hailey beamed

“Yes we should.” She turned on the radio and Justin Bieber’s “Baby” was playing. I looked at Hailey and knew what she was thinking

“No.” I said sternly.

“Oh c’mon!” She cranked it up and began to sing. I laughed when she raised her hands in the air and belted,

“BABY, BABY, BABY OH!!!!!”

I sighed and sang,

“BABY, BABY, BABY NOO!!!”

When Ludacris came on we both sang his part to the letter. We broke out laughing when Justin’s part came back on.  Finally able to take in a breath I smiled at my sister.

“I love you.” That’s when I realized I hadn’t said those words in 10 years.

“I love you too,” trying to hold back tears she said, “we better get home.” Seeing it was 3:30 and we had been gone for three and a half hours I knew she was right. Stuffing the rest of her raspberry stick in her mouth Hailey backed onto the road and we headed home.

Walking into our house Hailey and I were greeted by our mother squeezing the life out of us.

“Where have you been?!? No note, no call! Your father and I come home and you two are nowhere to be found. Did you not hear about that poor girl!?!?”
“We’re sorry mommy but we needed dresses for the dance on Wednesday.” explained Hailey.

“Wait,” my mom turned her attention to me, “you’re going to the dance?”

“Who’s going where?”

“Hi daddy, um Paige and I are going to ‘The Midnight Dance’ on Wednesday.”

“I hope only with each other.” Hailey and I looked at dad and he sighed.

“So what did you get and how much did it cost?”

“It’s a surprise,” I said, “and not the much.” I wanted to cross my fingers behind my back but I was afraid he would notice.

“So who are you girls going with?” asked mom.

“I’m going with Vincent Valey.”

“And I’m going with Travis.”

“You mean Mrs. Richards son?” asked my dad.

“That’s him.” I could tell both of my parents were quite surprised. Before my dad could explode I said

“I’m going to go hang up my dress” and with that I retreated upstairs to my room. I pressed the dress against my body and stood in front of my full body mirror. One annoying thought still bothered me,

What if Travis didn’t like it?



© 2011 Dr.Who.LOVER


Author's Note

Dr.Who.LOVER
Please review!
Ignore....blah blah blah
and NO RUDE COMMENTS

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought this was sweet because they had a bonding moment! ^^
“Who’s going where?” - dad asked, coming onto the living room.

Posted 12 Years Ago


hahaha LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD love how Paige's dad was gunna explode! XD really good can't wait for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

451 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2011
Last Updated on July 14, 2011


Author

Dr.Who.LOVER
Dr.Who.LOVER

Pewdiepie Town, NC



About
LONGEST MYSPACE SURVEY .: About you :.Name :AnnaNickname :Annabel Lee, banannaEye color :dark brownHair color :blackFav color :blackFav music : screamoFav band : Black veil bridesFav movie :Four br.. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER


Rage Rage

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER