Chapter 39

Chapter 39

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER
"

Chapter 39 of "Silent."

"

Like HALF of the school Hailey and our dates bought tickets at the door. Thankfully Travis and Vincent remembered the canned goods for my sister and me. But after that Hailey and Vincent separated from us. Walking into the gym was like walking into an oven. It was already warm in there from all of the people. Oddly the lights were still on and there was no music.  You could see the students and what they were wearing. Not what I was expecting. Suddenly the doors swung shut and the lights went out.

“Let’s get this party STARTED!!!” screamed the DJ. The Black Eyed Peas’ song Boom Boom Pow was blasted and multi-colored lights began to flash.  That’s when the dance REALLY began. Everyone was dressed in dark clothing, except for two who were wearing two white dresses so bright it cut through the darkness. And those two, beacons of light were doing a cat walk towards Travis and me.

“Hey Paige,” said Janet, “what do you think?”  Janet and Alyssa were both dressed in white cocktail dresses. Janet’s was beautifully beaded and looked like it was pulled in on the center of her stomach. Alyssa’s was simpler but her diamond belt stood out the most.

“Only you two.” I said laughing.

“Thanks and, see those two hotties over there?
 asked Janet pointing over to two guys standing by the snack table, “that’s Famion Pierce mine!”

“And the one next to him is Ian Filmore he’s momma’s.” purred Alyssa.

“So the mystery is finally over!” I said.

“Yup, oh hey Travis long time no see.” Said Janet.

“Hi Janet nice to see you again.”

“Likewise. Oh Paige do we have GOSSIP for Y-O-U!”

“Really?” I said intrigued. Okay I’m totally against spreading rumors. But hey, good gossip is good gossip. Especially when it comes from the queens of the school.

“Yeah, okay so you now Scottie and Blake?” began Alyssa.

“OUR Scottie and Blake?”

“Yes well ya know what they were always like REALLY close?” finished Janet.

“Yeah so?” Janet and Alyssa looked at each other then at me, then at Travis, then back at me. My mouth dropped.

“NO WAY!” I mouthed the word gay so Travis wouldn’t hear.

“WAY WAY!!” squealed Janet.

“Oh my God.”

“I know right!” said Alyssa.

“What?” asked Travis. All three of us said “nothing” at the same time. Just like old times.

“Can you believe it?” asked Janet.

“I know. Talk about scandalous!”

“I don’t know, it’s kind of a turn on.” cooed Alyssa.

“YOU WOULD ALYSSA!” I said.

“Yeah seriously?”

“What?” suddenly we all busted out laughing when we saw how lost Travis was.

“Well I’m going to go entertain our men.” Said Alyssa strutting away.

“PAWS OFF FAMION!” But instead of saying okay Alyssa flicked her off.

“Well I have to go, don’t miss me but I think Trav over here can help you cope.” I wanted to hit her but I restrained myself and let her shake her a*s back to Alyssa and their dates.

“Well that was….uh nice?”

“Yep that’s Janet and Alyssa for ya.” The song changed to “I Feel Like Dancing” by All Time Low. Everyone started dancing and when the chorus blasted everyone jumped up and down fist pumping.

Somebody call the police, I think they’re coming to get me. They say you’ve got the right to remain on the dance floor so show us what you got cause you know that you know that you’ve got more!”

By the time the song was over everyone was lined up at the snack table for refreshments. “Dynamite” was  a lot of fun. Every time it was “I throw my hands up in the air sometimes” everyone was jumping up and down with their hands up.

Lemme tell you, walking in heels was hard enough. Jumping was a WHOLE different story. I tried to anyway and fell a few times but Travis was always there to catch me.

Finally the moment I had been DYING for. “Dynamite” suddenly changed to “Miserable at Best.” Everyone quickly found their dates and began to dance to the music. Travis wrapped his arms around my lower waist as I did the same around his neck. I couldn’t remember the last time I had smiled so much in one night. I rested my head on his shoulder, I don’t know why but it felt right. I felt him place his cheek against my head. I could’ve stayed like that forever. But the song was only 5 minutes and the 5 minutes ended quickly. Soon every one broke apart, and began to dance to “Time Bomb.” But I needed to get off my feet. I sat on the bleachers that had been pulled out. Travis sat next to me holding two cups of punch which I thankfully chugged down. I opened my purse re-applied my lipstick and checked my phone.

6:55.

Everyone was still dancing to “Baby I Like it.”

Baby I like it! The way you move on the floor! Baby I like it! C’mon and give me some more. Oh yes I like it! Screaming like never before. Baby I like it! I-I-I like it!

“You ready?” asked Travis yelling over the music.  Suddenly I was re-energized when “Dear Maria Count me in” came on. I gripped Travis’s hand and yanked him back onto the dance floor. I went crazy shaking my head when the guitar parts came on. But all I could do was laugh and try to stay on my feet.

Surprisingly they played a lot of All Time Low songs old and new. After the 3rd song I was tired again. I stumbled off the dance floor like I was drunk. I collapsed on the bleachers awkwardly. I felt someone tap my shoulder. It was Vincent Valey . He looked worried. He got right in my ear and he still had to scream.

“HAVE YOU SEEN HAILEY?!?”

“SHE ISN’T WITH YOU?!?!”

“SHE WENT TO THE BATHROOM 10 MINUTES AGO!!!”

“I’LL GO LOOK!” Vincent nodded and sat down. Travis looked lost again.

“I’LL BE RIGHT BACK!” I yelled to him.

“YOU OKAY???”

“YEAH I’LL BE RIGHT BACK!” I pushed through the people and ran into the bathroom. My ears were still ringing from the loud music. I was still trying to adjust to the bright lights in the bathroom. There were 5 girls crammed in there all fixing their faces but…no Hailey. I even checked the stalls but still she wasn’t in there.

Where could she be??? I walked back into the gym and every guy (including Travis) was doing the Souja Boy while every girl was laughing their asses off. The song ended allowing Travis to find me.

“Hey you’re back.”

“Yeah see you were having fun.”

Not a stranger, no I am yours. I crippled angel with tears that still drip soar.

“Yes but not as much fun as I’m having now.” he said as we backed on the center of the dance floor.

But I do not wanna be afraid. I do not wanna die inside just to breathe in.

This song reminded me so much of my OLD life. When I shut everyone out because, if I let anyone in they would be ripped away. But staring at Travis all those fears evaporated. I knew he WAS really mine and I was his until the end of time.
Relief exists I find it when….I AM CUT!!!!!!! HEY!!!!!! I AM NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!

“I love you.” I screamed. He kissed my forehead making my skin tingle. The song ended and Travis and I made it back to the bleachers. I wanted to check my phone for the time but when I opened my purse I saw the tiny screen was blinking. It was a text message….

from Hailey.

Can you please come outside in the front? Please and HURRY!

I couldn’t hear the lyrics to “What the Hell” because all I heard was like someone was playing g a drum in my ear.  I checked when I got that message.

7:07pm. So…four minutes ago.

“YOU OKAY?!?” Travis touched my shoulder making me jump.

“YEAH UM,” should I tell him? “I’LL BE RIGHT BACK!!” He looked confused as hell but he let me get up and walk away. Part of me wished he hadn’t or maybe if he followed but he didn’t. He too along with the dance disappeared behind me.

I clutched the phone in and pushed the doors to the gym open. The two front doors were open letting in air. As soon as I stepped outside the temperature dropped a good 10 degrees.

I stood out on the middle of the walkway and kept staring at the text message. Something wasn’t right. Suddenly a chill ran down my spine and I got this very uneasy feeling of…

I’m not alone.

The dance inside seemed distant, like it was 1,00 miles away. I rubbed my arms but goose bumps still traveled up my arms and the hairs on the back of my neck were standing straight up. I thought I saw someone move on the lawn. Right…THERE!

“Hailey?” but it quickly disappeared, “is that you-” suddenly two hands came out from behind me. One wrapped around my neck the other holding a disgusting smelling cloth over my mouth. I tried to scream, I tried to pry the arms off. I breathed in to let out another scream, big mistake. As soon as I did the world began to swirl. I felt myself being thrown over someone’s shoulders. My head began to bob as the two front doors got further and further away. I could hear “untitled” playing from inside.

How could this happen to me?!? I’ve made my mistakes, got nowhere to run. The light goes on as I’m fading away. I’m sick of this life I just wanna scream!!! How could this happen to me???

The song, was a harsh reality. I was falling, with no hope of return. Before the world finally fell away I could’ve sworn I heard someone scream my name.

 

 

 

 

…..

No pain

No sorrow

No fear.

Nothing….

only the darkness

that has now become my only friend…

My world



© 2011 Dr.Who.LOVER


Author's Note

Dr.Who.LOVER
ENJOY!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, I guess the person who took Paige took hailey too. OMG, I hope ravis finds her!

Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

746 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 26, 2011
Last Updated on July 26, 2011


Author

Dr.Who.LOVER
Dr.Who.LOVER

Pewdiepie Town, NC



About
LONGEST MYSPACE SURVEY .: About you :.Name :AnnaNickname :Annabel Lee, banannaEye color :dark brownHair color :blackFav color :blackFav music : screamoFav band : Black veil bridesFav movie :Four br.. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER


Rage Rage

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER