Chapter 30

Chapter 30

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER
"

Chapter 30 of "Silent."

"

“Paige, dinner!”

“Okay mom!” I took out my ear buds and paused my I-pod right in the middle of the song “Broken.” For two hours I actually worked on some of my homework. I finished my book response for English on “The Final Warning.” And I was now typing up my report on Atom Structures for science. I turned around in my computer chair. The dress still lied on my bed where I had thrown it. I broke my gaze from it and walked downstairs. My sister was setting the table; dad was watching TV waiting to be summoned. It was an ordinary Saturday. My mom pulled on four freshly baked pork chops.

“Dino, dinner!” We all sat around the dinner table. Right then my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out and kept it under the table. It was Travis.

Think we can reschedule brkfast 4 2morrow?

Confused I answered:

???

Ddnt U get my E/M

UR NY441?

NO RLLY??? I rolled my eyes.

“Paige please not at the dinner table.” said my mom.

“Sorry.” I quickly texted:

Shut up nd yes txt u latta wiff more info ILY <3

ILY 2.....4EVA

I smiled returning the phone back in my pocket.

“Who was that?” asked my dad.

“Travis.”

“Oh.” Strike one. My dad HATED people who texted me or Hailey during dinner. “What did he want?”

“He’s taking me for breakfast tomorrow morning.” All eyes were on me.

“Oh, well in that case I’d like to meet him.”

“WHAT?” I recovered, “I mean you already met him daddy.”

“Yes but now that he is…I mean since you two are…I just want to have a word with him alright?”

“Okay.” This should be fun. When dinner ended I cleared my dish and ran back upstairs already texting Travis on my way up the stairs. (Talk about multi-tasking.)

SOS

Wat?

My dad wants 2 meet U

O­­­­_o I’m DEAD

Good attitude…DNT bring UR bike 2morrow we’ll take my car

So I’m guessin I shldnt mention we made luv

Not unless you want 2 leave in a hearse

Got it so....9?

9 luv u

<3

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The nervousness of going on a date with Travis was doubled now that my dad wanted to meet my boyfriend! (Hehehe I said the b word.) Not even the hot bath water or the smell of jasmine scented candles could calm my frayed nerves. I blow dried and straightened my hair. I looked at the time, 7:27 and I was still in my bathrobe! I threw on my purple tank top under my sisters white AERO shirt that purposely dipped too low. If I wasn’t wearing the undershirt you would see most of my b***s. I slipped on the black pair of UGGS my sister gave me over my gray skinny jeans and attached my black and red checkered suspenders to the back. (I know nerdy right?) In the mirror the old closed Paige was gone. And that was okay.

Hearing the front doorbell ring I shot out of my room and down the stairs screaming “I GOT IT!!!” I ripped the door open and found Travis standing there holding flowers. He was wearing a blank white shirt and a black leather jacket matched with dark blue jeans. I looked down at his feet and saw he was wearing tan work boots instead of his torn apart shoes. I could tell this was a major AWKWARD moment for him.

“These are for you.” he said handing me the flowers. Before I could thank him my dad came in.

“Hello Travis.” My dad took Travis’s hand and shook it a bit too hard. Travis tried not to wince.

“Hello Mr. Masters.”

“So Travis where are you taking my daughter?” oh boy.

“We’re just going out for breakfast at I-hop.” Before my dad could interrogate him any more I said

“Well we better go love you dad.” I pushed the flowers in my father’s hands and ran out the door with Travis. We got in my car and finally drove off.

“Well that was fun.” He said slumping in the driver’s seat. He reached across and grabbed my hand that rested on the mini table in between us. I looked into his eyes as he smiled.

“Eyes on the road I don’t wanna get in an accident.” He turned his attention back to the road but I continued to stare at him. Suddenly the car turned abruptly. I looked out and saw we were driving on a dirt path.

“This isn’t the way to I-hop.”

“I know.” Now I was getting nervous.

“Travis where are we going?”

“It’s a surprise,” he stopped the car and handed me a red blindfold; “put this on.”

“If I do will I ever see the light of day?” He laughed.

“I’m not gonna kidnap you I just have something to show you.”

“Okay.” I answered warily as I covered my eyes.

“Can you see anything?”

“No.”

“Perfect.”

 



© 2011 Dr.Who.LOVER


Author's Note

Dr.Who.LOVER
ignore....blah
i decided to put a twist on the story
Enjoy and tell me what you think but
NO RUDE COMMENTS

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yea, i love surprises! Can't wait to see where he's taking her! ^^ bet it's somewhere more specianl than IHOP! ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


omfg im scared. HES GUNNA KILL HER! *freaks out*

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

408 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2011
Last Updated on July 11, 2011


Author

Dr.Who.LOVER
Dr.Who.LOVER

Pewdiepie Town, NC



About
LONGEST MYSPACE SURVEY .: About you :.Name :AnnaNickname :Annabel Lee, banannaEye color :dark brownHair color :blackFav color :blackFav music : screamoFav band : Black veil bridesFav movie :Four br.. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER


Rage Rage

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER