New.

New.

A Chapter by Katrina At The Disco:D

It was my first day at Saddle City Performing Arts High School. I moved here to California alone, without my parents, to attend this school. I was a junior, it was the middle of the year and I didn't know one single person. I was wandering the halls during fifth period, trying to find the cafeteria. I was walking down a big hallway as I heard some roaring laughter from behind. There stood a few guys, probably my age, laughing. One of them was a bit shorter than the others, a little on the twiggy side. He had spiked up blonde hair. Another one was lean and tall. He had brown hair, like Eric Forman's hair from That 70's Show. The last one was... pretty darn gorgeous. He was nice and tall, beautifully built. He was tan with spiked up, dark, dark brown hair, it almost looked black. He looked like a movie star. I was breathless.
I didn't notice I was standing there, gawking at the smoking hot guy, until he turned from his friends and yelled to them "See ya later!" I turned before he saw me staring and thought about walking quickly away. Unfortunately, it was my first day and I didn't know where I was going.
I stood there, clueless. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped and turned around to face the best-looking guy I've ever met. He was about 6 inches taller than me. I tried to fix a smile on my face but I just stared. He smiled at me, flashing bright white teeth. I managed to smile back.


"I haven't seen you around. You new?" he asked me.
"Y-y-yeah. I'm Katrina. Came here a few days ago." I managed to say.
"Cool. I'm Taylor. Hey, you heading to lunch?"
"Mhm."
"You look like a lost puppy," he grinned, "I'll bring you to the cafeteria."
"Okay." I said quietly.


He talked to me for a little until we got to the cafeteria, just small talk. I'd expect him to ditch me by then. Surprisingly, he didn't. He held the door open for me and stayed right by my side. He introduced me to a few of his friends. Joe, Charlie, Mark, James, Frankie. I tried to remember their names as well as their faces.
I turned my head to see a bunch of new faces, faces that I'd be with all year long. One table caught my eye. Great, one table with all beach blondes and brunettes who looked a bit hooker-ish. I knew exactly what that meant. Girls who thought they were the hottest in the school and tried to get with every guy in the school. One of them looked up at me and glared, I glared back. I turned my head so fast it made me dizzy because I heard Taylor yelling.


"Hello?! Earth to Katrina!"
"Oh! Sorry, I was... looking around." I said. He smiled at me.
"C'mon. Let's go over to the food stands." he said.
I walked next to him, stared up at him a few times as we walked across he cafeteria. I could feel his stare down on me every now and then as well. He questioned me. "So, how you likin' Saddle City?"
"I don't know, I've been here for 5 periods." I answered. He smiled at my response, buthe didn't lookat me. We got our food and he walked me over to an empty table.
"Where'd you move from?" he asked.
"New Jersey. I needed a good performing arts school. I wasn't feelin' the ones in New York even though those are real good. I needed an... amateur one. My parents are still back in Jersey, I'm alone."
"Oh, that's cool. A Jersey girl," he smiled, "Lucky you, you get to live alone!" he laughed a little, then continued, "How you likin' California? Bet you're not used to the sunny, hot weather." I giggled.
"Actually, the sun is my bestfriend. I love California. I've been here before for vacation and stuff."
He took a sip of his drink before he replied. "Oh, that's cool, I guess. Saddle City is an alright place. Kind of boring, but a lot of drama. You know, we're in the L.A area, there has to be drama," he grinned then continued, "Take it from a guy who lived here his whole life." He sighed. I looked up at that table full of girls again. None of them seemed to be staring my way. Taylor followed my gaze. He turned around to stare, I saw him shudder just a bit, then turned back around.
"Don't... please." he begged.
"Why, what's wrong with them?" I asked, even though I knew exactly what was up. It was so obvious.
"They're b*****s. W****s. Skanks." I stared at him, wide-eyed. He caught me off guard with those harsh words.
"Oh. Figured." I said quietly, looking down at my lap.
"Then why'd you ask." he said coldly.
I looked up, he looked mad. Then, his face changed. He looked apologetic.
"I'm sorry," he said, "I just really don't like them."
"It's okay," I replied, "They seem like b*****s, w****s, skanks." I smiled at him. He smiled back, looking kind of frustrated at the same time.
"So." I said, trying to change the subject.
"So." he said, laughing a little. I smiled. I'm glad he relaxed.
"Taylor, this may seem weird to say since I just met you and all, but, you're sort of... beautiful looking." I giggled, feeling kind of silly. He let out a big laugh.
"Katrina, you're quite a person yourself," he was giggling, "I was feeling kind of nervous when I first talked to you. I though you wouldn't want to talk to me," he flashed a big, bright smile, "I already think you're awesome and I've been with you for 30 minutes!" he said with a huge smile on his face, still laughing, too.
"Hah, wow. You're awesome too, Taylor."
We started talking about deeper things. Then I confessed something.
"You're so amazing, Taylor. I'm not kidding. Most guys act like my best friend for a little, then just leave me behind. Leave my life. Mess everything up. I really don't want to lose you. I don't want you to be like the rest of them. They were all a******s, Taylor. They all left my side, even when they said they wouldn't. Every. Single. One." I said coldly. I continued, "I just hope you're not one of those guys..." He gave me a very sympathetic look. "No pressure!" I said quickly, trying to make him smile. It worked.

"I promise you I'll always be here." he said, still smiling. I smiled back. After that one promise, all I knew was that... He was a keeper. I know things were moving too fast already and I shouldn't trust him yet, but it seemed like it should be this way.



© 2009 Katrina At The Disco:D


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on May 9, 2009
Last Updated on May 11, 2009


Author

Katrina At The Disco:D
Katrina At The Disco:D

L-town.(:, NJ



About
i love writing. and i love reading even more. more..

Writing