Happy.

Happy.

A Chapter by Katrina At The Disco:D

"Hey, Kay. Listen, I can't come. I'm so sorry! I'm just broke right now and there's no way I can get there. I'm so sorry! Call me soon! Bye!"

That was the voicemail Mikayla left me after not picking up my phone all night. I didn't want to call her back. I didn't want to hear that she couldn't come and I didn't want to hear about my other three bestfriends if they didn't forgive me.
I was getting ready for school and I was moving really slow. I jumped into my car around 7:50, school started in 10 minutes. I drove and the ride didn't feel long enough. I didn't want to see Taylor. I entered the school and went to my locker. I slammed it shut and went to homeroom. Taylor was sitting at his seat, looking very uncomfortable. I sat down next to him, not saying a word. Everyone started at us curiously. Obviously, no one knew if we were just fighting or officially over. I couldn't take the silence and the staring any longer.
"Yes! We're over! Get over it and stop gawking at us!" I yelled at everyone.
They all turned around and no one looked back at us. I turned to Taylor and he was giving me a really weird look. I looked down.
1st period bell rang and I stopped in the middle of the hallway for a second. I remembered that I was with Taylor for our Romeo & Juliet skit. I sighed and walked to the drama classroom. Taylor looked uncomfortable, again. We had the kissing scene because we were together when we chose it. We did pretty good with the acting as we performed but when the kissing scene came, I leaned towards him and leaned too but then he kissed my cheek very quickly and pulled away. I felt like breaking down. There was a lump in my throat. We went back to our seats and I really wanted to talk to him. I passed him a note saying:
 
What was that all about?
What?
The kiss?
I didn't want to kiss you. I thought you'd be uncomfortable.
I don't care. It's acting. You know we're gonna get a bad grade because of that.
Whatever, like I care about grades anymore. Especially with this broken heart.
 
After I read that last sentence I looked up at him and he pointed to his heart. I felt a tear roll down my face. He looked at me with a weird look again. He motioned his hand to give the note back to him. It said:

Why are you crying?
Because I miss you... so much.
Then why didn't you come back to me?

Because I knew I had to. But there was a feeling in my gut that said I shouldn't.
Lunch. Sit with me.
Ok.
 
I watched all the other kids perform their selected scenes when the bell rang. Taylor was already heading toward the door when I looked up to see if he was at his seat. I sighed and walked out of the classroom. I walked into the music room and it seemed pretty cold in here. I shivered. We learned another boring lesson and I was close to falling asleep. Everytime my eyes would droop, I would hear Taylor muffling a laugh. I'd opened my eyes wide and tried my hardest to pay attention. All I heard was that we were going to have a test on this stuff so take notes. Obviously, I didn't. Finally, the bell rang and I went to math. This class was the easiest. It went by quickly and then it was fourth period language arts. This was pretty easy, too. Lunch finally came and I went to get some food. I saw Taylor sitting at a table. There wasn't any food infront of him, weird. He was looking at Tiffany's table. I sat down and his eyes moved quickly to me. I sighed.
"What's up?" he asked.
"Still heartbroken. Trying to get over you, but it won't work. I'm like the magnet and you're like the refridgerator." I replied. He smiled at my answer.
"Well, I guss that makes the two of us," he said, "I miss you, babes. I try hard not to talk to you in classes, but everytime I try to think of words to say when someone else talks to me, your face blocks it. I can't think straight without you."
I sighed and I picked at my salad. He got a carrot off my tray and munched on it.
"I want to get back with you, Taylor. But my heart says not to. It doesn't want to get hurt anymore." I said.
"I won't hurt it then. At least I'll try my hardest not to," he said as he put his hand over my hand on the table. "I promise."
I didn't know what to do. I was crazy for this guy, but he hurt me. Twice. But they were mistakes, right? He didn't mean to.
"I love you, Taylor. With all my heart. But I don't know if this is the right choice."
"It is." he said.
"Hey, guys." I heard someone say from behind me. Taylor looked up and gave a nasty stare. I turned and saw Tiffany, hand in hand, with Lawrence.
"You... little b***h!" I yelled. I got up and pulled her beautiful blonde hair as I tackled her to the ground. Taylor and Lawrence tried to pull me off but I pushed them off. "Why you tryin' to ruin my life, huh?! Why? Because I'm dating your ex-boyfriend? The same one that rejected you to sleep with him?! Huh?!" I was banging her head on the floor. She screamed and the rolled over so she was on top of me. She was pulling my hair and yelling back at me.
"Hell no! I'm over Taylor, you skank! You think you're the hottest s**t, but you're not! Stupid tool!" she was just pulling my hair and it hurt. A lot. I got out from under her and stood up. She was still on the floor on her knees. I slapped her across the face and looked around and saw the whole grade was looking at us. I glared back at her and then that's when I heard yelling. The principal was coming and next thing I knew, I was sitting in the main office with my hair a mess, across from the girl who I hated most. Tiffany. We had to stay in there for the rest of the stupid day. We weren't even called in yet after the last bell, the one that ended school, rang. About two minutes after that bell, we were finally called into the principals office.
"What were you girls thinking?! Do you know how much trouble you're in?!" Mr. Brad, our principal, screamed.
"I'm sorry, Principal Brad. Things have just been very... bad with me and Tiffany." I said.
"Yeah, she's right. We're sorry. We went out of control." Tiffany agreed.
"Way out of control! Listen girls, since no serious injuries were made, I'm letting you off as a warning. Next time, you are recieving outside of school suspension!"
"Okay, Principal Brad." Tiffany and I said at the same time. We glared at eachother.
"You may go." Principal Brad let us free. Taylor was waiting outside the main office and gave me a hug. He had his arm slumped around my shoulder as I walked over to my car.
"May I come over tonight? We need to talk." he said.
"Yes, yes you may, Taylor." I answered.
"See you!" then he ran off to his car. I hopped into mine and drove to my apartment building.
I cleaned the place up a bit and decided to do some homework, but I didn't have any. I needed to waste time. I jumped onto my bed and pulled out my laptop. As I was signing onto AIM, I heard someone knock on my door. I jumped off my bed and went to the door. There stood Taylor, looking extremely good, with jeans and a button-up blue and white striped shirt with a little yellow daisy in his hand. He also had some paper brown bags in his other hand. He handed the flower to me and walked in.

"What's this for?" I asked, sniffing the flower and pointing at the bags.
"I wanted to show you how much of a gentleman I can be. Just gentleman-y enough so you'll take me back." I laughed at him.
"Gentleman-y? Nice word," I laughed, "Okay. Try me." He took out the food and it smelled really good. He patted to seat next to me. I sat at the kitchen counter with him, eating some lovely food.
"So, how am I doing?" he asked.
"Perfectly fine." I said, smiling., twirling some fetuccini alfredo onto my fork.
"Good." I didn't really know how close our faces were until I could feel his cool, minty breath. But, I didn't care. It felt right. He kissed me right then and I was very overpowered by his actions. But I didn't seem to care. I was kissing him back. His phone rang and it totally ruined the moment. He pulled away and smiled. I rolled my eyes at him but smiled back.
"Aight, I'll be there soon," he hung up his phone, "Sorry, honey bunches of oats," I smiled at his stupid words, "I gotta head home. Parents are pretty ticked off that I used their credit card to buy the food." he was laughing.
"It's okay." I was smiling.
"Does that mean it's on again?" he asked, sounding hopeful.
"Aw, what the heck. Why not?" I answered. I threw my arms around him and I felt happy. He meant a lot to me and I couldn't let go of him. He pulled me away and kissed my forehead and walked out the door. I went to my bedroom and forgot my laptop was on. "Crap!" I yelled. I checked it and I got about 40 IMs. They were all from my girls and from a few other people who I cared less about. They were all apologizing and saying they were being stupid. I IMed all of them back saying it was okay and everything is fine between me and Taylor once again. They were all happy for me this time because they knew Taylor was what truly made me happy, other than them, and that's all they needed to see... me happy.


© 2009 Katrina At The Disco:D


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on May 9, 2009


Author

Katrina At The Disco:D
Katrina At The Disco:D

L-town.(:, NJ



About
i love writing. and i love reading even more. more..

Writing