Ex.

Ex.

A Chapter by Katrina At The Disco:D

I got home around 6 P.M. My mom asked me where I was and I just answered with "spending some time with Katrina." She said she was happy for me and I ran upstairs, not bothering talking about it with her. I took my clothes off and hopped in the shower. When I got out, I threw on some SADDLE CITY BASEBALL sweats and a white t-shirt. I went downstairs and I heard my mom talking to someone.

"Taylor?" I heard her say.
"Yeah, mom?" I answered as I walked into the dining room. My eyes opened widely as I stared at the most unbelievable thing ever. "Jamie?" I said.
"Hey, Tay. What's up?" she replied. Jamie was my first love, back in middle school.
"What are you doing here?" I said.
"Um, I think I should go cook some dinner and leave you two alone." my mom said and walked to the kitchen.
"I wanted to see how you were doing. Y'know, catch up?" she said to me.
"Come," I said and lead her outside. "Really, what are you doing here?"
"I wanted to see you again, Taylor. Is that so bad?"
"Yes. No. Kinda!" I yelled.
"Why?"
"Because, Jamie, you can't just come to my house. I have a girlfriend now so I'm hoping you're not going to try anything." I explained.
"Oh, Taylor, please!" she said, leaning towards me and started playing with my shirt, having a flirty tone in her voice, "I just wanted to see you one last time." she said as she giggled and flipped her beach blonde hair back. She was inches from my face and her lips were very close to mine. I leaned foward and so did she until I figured out what I was doing. I pulled away quickly.
"No! Stop! I love her!" I yelled.
"Love who?" she asked, a twinkle in her baby blue eyes. She flashed a grin at me and her straight, white teeth shined.
"Her! Katrina! She's the love of my life and there's no way I'm ruining it now!"
"Oh. You're girlfriend? Was she like us in middle school, Taylor? Did you think you'll be with her forever?" she asked.
"I know I am. I want to marry her. I love her so much." I said to her.
"Well, Taylor, you felt that way about me in middle school. Don't you think we could give it another shot? I mean, we were perfect!" she said.
"Uh." I was dumbstruck. I remember loving her and thinking she was the only one I wanted, but we went different directions as high school came along.
"Watcha think?" she asked me.
"No... I can't, Jamie."
"But, Taylor. C'mon. You loved me so much and I loved you, too. We ended it because we were going to different schools, Taylor. Imagine if we didn't? You wouldn't be with this Katrina girl and you know it! We'd be together, Taylor. It was true love!" she said back. No, Taylor. Don't fall for it. I thought to myself.
"No, Jamie. Just leave, please. I can't do this. You're tormenting me." I begged.
"No, Taylor. You have to listen to me. We'll be happy together, forever. What does this girl even look like?" she asked.
"She has brown hair, sort of like mine, and she's tan. She's small and cute. She's easy to love, Jamie, and I knew she was someone I had to be with from the first time I saw her. She has this smile that brightens my day and seeing her cry makes me want to shoot someone, and when it's my fault she's crying, it makes me want to kill myself, Jamie. I love her, Jamie. What we had was back then. There are definitely still sparks between us, but there are fireworks between me and her." I emphasized the word fireworks so she'd know that I truly love her and that she needed to back away.
"Do you feel the fireworks?!" she asked quickly then pulled my face to hers. I definitely felt fireworks, but just the ones that die out at the end of the show. When I was with Katrina, it felt like the show was going to go on forever. I pulled away and she looked at me with curious eyes.
"No, Jamie... I'm sorry." I said.
"Okay... Bye, I guess. See you 'round." she said and walked to her car.
"Bye."I called after her and right when she drove away, Katrina's black convertable was driving up into my driveway. She got out and walked over.

"Who was that?" she asked and she kissed my cheek.
"Oh, just an old friend..." I replied, my voice lowered. "What're you doing here?"
"Oh, you forgot something at my house." She handed me my watch.
"Oh, thanks." I mumbled.
"No problem. Bye." she kissed me lightly and walked to her car. I didn't feel the fireworks like I normally did.
"Wait, Katrina!" I yelled. She turned around.
"Yeah, babe?"
"I need to talk to you." She walked back over to me.
"Yeah, what's up?" she asked.
"That wasn't just an old friend... but an old girlfriend." I said.
"What?" she asked, surprised.
"She wanted to see how I was doing... And she wanted to know if I wanted to get back with her."
"And you said!?" she said.
"No... But she kissed me." I said.
"WHAT?! TAYLOR!" she yelled. She was so close to crying. I couldn't even look her in the eyes.
"I'm sorry. I'm going to be completely honest with you. She was my first love and I definitely felt sparks when she kissed me, but that doesn't matter, because you are a whole fireworks show, Katrina. I don't want to be with her, but I want to be with you. Forever. Remember?" I said, but tears were rolling down her cheeks.
"Okay, Taylor. I'm going to go before I completely breakdown. See you tomorrow..." her voice trailed off and she walked to her car. She didn't even look back at me.
 


© 2009 Katrina At The Disco:D


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The whole story seems to be about crying, heartbreaking and breakups. But I guess that's what keeps the story going. Me likey!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 9, 2009
Last Updated on May 10, 2009


Author

Katrina At The Disco:D
Katrina At The Disco:D

L-town.(:, NJ



About
i love writing. and i love reading even more. more..

Writing