Packing After Prom.

Packing After Prom.

A Chapter by Katrina At The Disco:D

My feelings for Taylor never subsided and as prom came along, I kept falling deeper and deeper. He was such a support and everything was going smoothly. I didn't want to leave him and I will never, ever forget him. He was one of a kind and I just love him so much.
 
Night Of Junior Prom
 
The music was blasted and all the lights were flashing. I was dancing with Stephanie and a few other friends I made; Jenny, Eddie, Kaylor, and Jack. Taylor was with the DJ, who was his cousin, stratching disks. A slow song came and my four friends paired up with eachother. I looked around for Taylor then I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and smiled.
 
"May I have this dance?" he asked, putting his hand out.
I smiled.
"Yes." I took his hand.
 
We slow danced to Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler.
 
"I can't believe you're leaving in two weeks." he said. I looked up at him.
"Please. This is prom, don't let me think about it." I said back.
"Don't cry." he wiped away my tear.
"I'm gonna miss you so much."
"Promise to visit?"
"Of course." I said. I got on the tips of my toes and kissed him as we swayed side to side.
 
Packing
 
I did not want to leave him. I was leaving in three days and I was crouching over a bag, stuffing everything I could in it, next to my boyfriend. I was crying and sniffling every two seconds and he'd just glance over at me. He was silent and his jaw was clenched. I stopped packing and turned towards him, hands on my hips. He winced at me and I just kept staring at him.
 
"What?" he finally broke the silence.
"I have two days left, not counting today, and you're not even talking!" I snapped.
"You're really going to fight with me?"
I broke down in tears and hugged him tight.
"I don't want to leave, Taylor. I love you so much and I'm sorry for everything." I sobbed.
"I love you, too. I'm sorry for what I did. I swear you didn't do anything wrong, baby. It was all me." he kissed the top of my head.
"Taylor... Promise me, if I get to come back and stay, things'll go back to the way they were?"
"I promise." he swore.
 
We got back to packing and all you could hear is my sniffling. After we were done, we went into my living room and watched some T.V. It was silent, except of course my sobbing. He held me close and I curled myself into him. I would miss the warmth of his body, the tingly feelings, and the fireworks. I would miss the way he said my name, they way he kissed me, the way he would apologize, and most importantly... the kind of person he was. It was 9 o'clock and he still was there, comforting me. He was probably going to end up spending the night here and we'd lay in my bed, twirled up as much as possible, and I'd cry, cry, cry. He'd smooth the top of my hair and that'd soothe me.
I fell asleep in his arms on the couch and woke up the next morning in my bed, but Taylor wasn't next to me. I shot up and ran to my living room, but he wasn't there. He wasn't in the kitchen cooking. He wasn't in the bathroom, nor in the extra bedrooms. I called his cellphone, but he left it here. I called his house phone, but his mother said he was not home. I ran down the apartment hallway and jumped on an elevator. I ran out the lobby and into the parking lot where my black mercedes was parked. I hopped in and drove to where he probably would be. I was walking on the sand of Saddle Beach and I saw him, sitting on the sand. I crept up behind him and plopped down right next to him. He just stared at the shore and not at me, I followed his stare. The silence was killing me so I spoke.
 
"Why'd you leave?" I asked.
"I don't know." he answered.
"Oh, well. Um, I guess I'm free all day... if you wanted to do anything..." I said.
"Okay, sure. I'll be at your apartment later." he said.
"Okay, but um, here." I handed him his cellphone. "You left it at my place."
"Thanks." he muttered. Then I walked away.
 
What was his problem? I thought to myself. I just shook my head and drove to In-N-Out. And you know who I saw there? The people I just wanted to see; James, Tiffany, and Lawrence.
 
"Hey, Katrina," James greeted, "What's up?"
"Nothing really," I said, sitting at their table, "What's up with you guys?"
Tiffany a sincere smile at me. Woah, I thought.
"Nothing, just eating. I heard you're leaving tomorrow. That's sad." she said.
"Yeah..." I said quietly.
"Where you going?" Lawrence asked. I looked up at him.
"I'm moving back to New Jersey because my parents don't think I'm mature enough to live on my own across the country." I answered.
"Geez, Tiff," James said, "That hurt." I looked at Tiffany.
"I accidently kicked him," she said, and blushed. I giggled a bit. "So what time you leaving?"
"Around 2," I answered. Then my phone vibrated. I flipped it out and Taylor said that he'd be at my place in 10 minutes. Crap, I thought, Home is 20 minutes away. "Sorry guys, I gotta jet. It was so nice knowing you guys and I'm hoping we can stay in touch." I smiled at them and they smiled back.
"Yeah, we'll miss you a lot, Katrina. And I'm truly sorry for everything." Tiffany said, then hugged me.
"See ya, kiddo. You better visit." James said and hugged me tight.
"Bye, Katrina." Lawrence said, with his arms out. "Aw, c'mon, you gotta hug me." I laughed then wrapped my arms around his waist.
"Bye..." I said, I was kind of sad that I wouldn't see them anymore. I drove home quickly and opened my door. Taylor was sitting on my couch with a bouquet of roses and when he heard the door open, he looked up, but it seemed like he was crying.
 
"Baby, you alright?" I asked, sitting next to him.
"You're leaving tomorrow and I can't do anything about it anymore, Katrina. I'm gonna kill myself." he said.
"What? You're kidding right?" I asked.
"No..." he said quietly.
"No! Don't! You are not allowed to do anything like that when I leave! I need you, Taylor! And I promise things will get better as time passes! I promise!" I snapped.
"Right, Katrina. Sure. You're obviously just saying that." Taylor said back at me.
"Excuse me? Oh my God, Taylor. Please don't fight with me!" I said, with tears streaming down my face.
"I can't help it, Katrina. Please don't leave. I'm begging you." he said.
"I have to, Tay. I'm sorry. Really, truly sorry! I love you so much, Taylor, but this is my parents' descision! I'm not 18 yet, Taylor." I said.
"Okay, c'mon. Let's just go. Stop fighting." he said and got up.
 
He brought me out of lunch and a walk across Saddle Beach. He asked me what it's like out in New Jersey, how much I liked it there, what were the schools like there, and how surburban it really is there. We got back to my apartment and he spent the night, but we stayed up, I didn't want to waste one minute with him.


© 2009 Katrina At The Disco:D


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Katrina sure does cry a lot...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 10, 2009
Last Updated on May 12, 2009


Author

Katrina At The Disco:D
Katrina At The Disco:D

L-town.(:, NJ



About
i love writing. and i love reading even more. more..

Writing