Chapter 2: Eirian's secret

Chapter 2: Eirian's secret

A Chapter by TaylorFluff

The two female wolves went inside a cave as the moon rose to it's peak,shining down on the water making it glow. Eirian yawned and circled three times to get comfortable before she slept. Adira was fast asleep with her light snoring and her eyes fluttering. Eirian didn't go to sleep yet.She got up from her spot after some time and went outside.They lived close by a lake,taken a cave that's been used long ago by other animals.Now it's where they call home...for now. Eirian was glad to not walk so far away from it.All she needed was one drink and a piece of thought.
She laid down,her paws almost touching the water,but didn't. She gazed at her reflection and understood she was young.One years old.Her thoughts shifted to the black wolf who tried to be with her.Her body ached all over.She don't even remember the black wolf.All she remembers is passing his way and asking for help of where to go,but where was she going? The next moment he's showing her and taking advantage of her.A horrible site.
She shook her head rapidly trying to forget the image especially the pain,but how could she?The pain was unbearable! The memories will forever affect her.A tear ran down her face and dropped into the water.The water bounced a bit,then settled down after some time.She put her head on her paws and fell into a dreaming sleep.
Adira and herself were hunting.She don't know what they were hunting for,but that's what they were doing.Hunting.Adira was on the side of her in front of her running fast yelling her name to catch up.Eirian started to slow down,but picked up the pace as she hears her name being repeatedly called.''Come on Eirian,catch up!''Adira's voice barked.''Let's go!''Eirian started running,then she stopped.Where was Adira? She wasn't with Adira anymore,instead she was all alone.Completely alone in what?She didn't see light,she didn't see color.Where was she?She started to walk in this endless of nothing,where was she ending?Where was she going.She screamed! She fell down a hole she didn't even know was there.She wasn't with Adira,but it seems she was in the sky,with the stars.A large white starry wolf came up to her.Glitters falling from his fur.She shrunk.''It's time for you to come home...Soon...''
Disappeared.
She woke up panting hard.It was still night and she wasn't in the den,still at the lake.What did it all mean?Who was that wolf?The thought was brushed aside as she felt her stomach stirred.She knew she was soon going to be a mother.That's for sure,but Adira didn't know she was to late in saving her.It didn't matter.She was having puppies.What mattered is what Adira is going to think about all this.
 Eirian drank a bit of water and walked back to the cave where Adira was sleeping.She silently walked in and laid down back in her spot.She was going to tell Adira she was pregnant.The news had to come out sooner or later.Maybe Adira will be happy...or not.The thought went away as Eirian yawned again and went fast to sleep.
Adira woke up to see the sun.Time to get up.She stretched and shook her body. Eirian was still asleep so Adira went out to hunt small prey for both to eat.
Walking,on the dirt path Adira frantically checked for food.Small or big.They needed food.It wasn't just her anymore.She wasn't alone anymore.It was two and if there's more than one,then one of them going to have to provide for each other.
A small rabbit was eating some flowers when Adira approached behind it.The wind was passing through which could give the rabbit a haunch that it was being watched. Adira had to wait 'til the wind stopped passing through in order to hunt.If it was the both of them,then they could have got a bigger game to hunt and share,but it wasn't. It was her.Alone.
The rabbit got done eating and walked towards a hole,Adira assumed was it's home.Perfect time to attack the small animal...
''Here you go Eirian.''When Adira got back from hunting Eirian was up, licking herself.She saw the small game in Adira's mouth and started eating.''I hope that feels you up for today.''
''It should be fine.I can survive off of small creatures.''Eirian replied still eating the half-eaten animal.
''If we hunted together we could catch bigger game,you know,like Caribou and deer.''Adira said.''Wouldn't you want that?We'd never go hungry again!''
Eirian smile.''It's a wonderful idea,''She stopped.She couldn't hunt.She was pregnant.
''What's wrong?You okay?''Adira asked the silver wolf who stopped eating and walked back into the small den. Adira followed her.''What's wrong,Eirian?''
''Nothing,''Eirian gulped.''Nothing at all.''She laid down facing away from Adira,closing her eyes.
''I haven't known you for long now,but i understand all females.I am a female.I know when their hurt or sad and angry.If you don't tell me what's wrong then i can't help and i really want to help!''Adira soothed.''Is there something wrong?''
Eirian wanted to tell her so bad,but wanted to figure out a way to tell her without Adira overreacting.She glanced at the golden wolf's eyes as they turned a aqua blue this time.How odd,this wolf's eyes is always changing.Dull blue,blue,and now Aqua blue,very weird if i say so myself!''Adira,ummm,i don't know how to tell you this,''Eirian began.
''You can tell me.I'll listen and not over react.Promise.''Adira said. Eirian nodded and continued.''Remember that night with the black wolf...''
''Yes.''Adira growled at the mention.He got what he deserved!''What about him?''
''Before you came,he's done this to me two days ago before the incident...''
''And?''
''I was scared,i even thought of running away from him.He was like a demon to me-''
''He was.''Adira narrowed her eyes.''Continue.''
''I even thought of taking my own life just to escape him.He damaged me. He broke me.He tricked me...''
''I know.I'm sorry.''
''It's not your fault.It's his!''Eirian got up and started pacing her claws going deep into the ground.''He done this to me! He sickened me! He did this!''She screamed.This time Adira was scared.She never seen the silver wolf so mad before.She always thought the young she-wolf was happy and optimistic.I guess you got to get to know an animal...
''He physically done this to me! He knew i was a target! How dare he take advantage of me?!How dare he!? How dare i be scared of him! How dare i not do nothing! How dare i even ask for his help! I hate him! I hope he burns in the netherworld! I hope he suffers for what he caused me! I hope he burns! And when i die and see him,he's going to wish he's never done this to me! I'm waiting for the day to sink my fangs and claws in him without mercy.I'm waiting to kill him over and over again!''Eirian eyes were blazing.Her breathing quickened and her muscles tensed. Adira was shivering. Eirian was much taller then Adira,but Adira was older and much mature then Eirian was.She was three years old. Eirian was one.
''E-Eirian?A-a-are you okay?''Adira stuttered after some time of Eirian's tantrum. Eirian nodded.Her eyes turned their dark creamy color and she sat down again her voice as soft as a feather.
''Adira i have to tell you something.''
''What is it?''Adira was still shivering.''Are you okay?''
''I'm pregnant.''
Adira froze.Got up started moving.Froze.Paced.Froze.Pace.Froze.Pace.Froze.A repeating pattern. Adira was surprised.She couldn't do it! How many were their going to be? ''How did this happen?''
Eirian smirked.''You know? When two wolves meet,if they love each other then they agree to be mates and in February through march they breed.The male and female acts affectionate towards one another and then when ready the male and female gets alone time and the male mount-''
''I KNOW how it happens! But you didn't even love him!''Adira interrupted her.
''He forced me! I know it was a bad mistake,but i wanted to live...''At the time.Eirian said.
''How do you know you're pregnant?''Adira sat down again calmed.
''When you mate a female gets a haunch knowing what to expect.Nine out of ten if you mate of course you'll get pregnant!''Eirian said.''I'm going to be a mother.''
''Yeah you are.''Adira said.Suddenly she smile.''I guess it won't be that bad to have pups with us.We could be a pack!''


© 2013 TaylorFluff


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on November 27, 2013
Last Updated on November 27, 2013


Author

TaylorFluff
TaylorFluff

somewhere in the world..., WI



About
I'm a very optimistic and lovely girl! I love to look at the bright side even when my life been going down hill.I put my trust in God no matter what! I know my happiness will come. I'm very mature for.. more..

Writing