Chapter 4:The black and Silver pup

Chapter 4:The black and Silver pup

A Chapter by TaylorFluff

''Eirian?Eirian?Eirian!''Adira desperately called the name of the silver wolf who didn't answer her back.The pups still nursing from her,Adira made her way towards Eirian and touched her lightly with her nose.The silver wolf was getting cold.She stopped...breathing.
''Eirian.''Adira cried.She knew what had happened. Eirian left with the stars.A young wolf.Her best friend left her for the stars.What about the pups?What will happen to them?Adira knew she couldn't take care of all of them.It just wouldn't work.Each pup began to whine and suckle.Oddly,Eirian still had the taste of warm milk in her body.Each pup was so tiny.They were born blind and deaf.About two weeks from now,they will be able to hear and see.
Adira didn't know what to do.At least with the pups.Each look so much like their mom and...dad.The black wolf came back to her mind.He did all this! Each pup started to mewl and whine. Adira left the cave to think for a while.
She went down by the small pond.What will happen to the puppies?I can't take care all of them! I don't know half of being a mother! I don't have milk! I might as well leave them out to die like their mother did.At least they will be with her.Eirian...why was it her?She was so young and so...strong! What did she do wrong to upset you Greatness?What did i do for her to deserve this?Eirian...Not Eirian.Adira got up and went back to where the mewling babies were.Each were still suckling and crying.Adira didn't want to do it,but it had to be done.She was going to leave them to die.
One by one she picked up a pup.The firstborn a healthy boy.She took outside and set him down by the flowing stream.Next she carried another boy and set him down.Then she carried the girl and set her down in the same place.And last she carried the last girl and set her down by her brothers and sister.They were left to die.It was hard for her to do,the deed was done.She wasn't going to look back.
Adira then dragged the young mother to where her whining pups were left to die. Adira put Eirian's body on top of the pups in order to keep them warm.And she left.Her heart felt lost and broken.
She made it to the den she was going to share with Eirian and the new born pups.She started to cry.The tears fell off her face.She closed her eyes and cried more this time uncontrollably.She was heart broken.Her best friend died and her best friend puppies died and she couldn't do anything about it.She cried and cried 'til her eyes went to asleep.
''I can do something-''A large black and silver wolf pleaded.In front of him was a dull golden wolf with dull blue eyes.She was coughing and gagging.She was sick.''No,no I'll be fine,''She tried to say,but was interrupted with coughs.''You go on now,don't worry about me.''She said.The black and silver wolf started to cry.A tear running down his face.''I can't go on without you.I want to be here...with you.''He came to her side and cuddled up with her.She nuzzled him.''Be a strong boy,i know you are.Be strong for me,okay?''She licked his tear away.''I am strong,but not at the moment.''He closed his eyes keeping her warm.She was wrapped around him.''It's not that horrible young one.I'm old anyways.I'm going to die eventually.''She said.''Yeah,eventually,but not right now...''
Adira didn't know what woke her up,but she swore she heard a whine.What was it?The pups were faraway from the cave.Probably dead now.What could it had been?She got up and looked around.On the side of her,cuddling her leg was a black and silver pup.He was so small and cute! He was Eirian's fourth born puppy.She must forgotten about him.
''Hi little guy,''She soothed.He whined.''I know you can't hear me,but your mother and brothers and sisters are dead.I'm sorry for your losses.''She picked him up and cradled him in her paws.''It's going to be okay,i won't let you die.I'll raise you.You'll be a memory or gift from Eirian.I'll name you,Sirius.Your mother is with the brightest star,it's kind of like she's with you.Sirius the brightest star...''
Adira didn't know where she'll get milk from,but she'll try her best.Sirius is the only thing that makes Adira feel at home with Eirian and to be honest she was happy to have two again.She went out the den only at the mouth of it and began to howl.A howl specially for Eirian...
I know you are gone,
But your heart is strong.
I know you are still here,
with me and your son,
watching over us,on a star called Sirius,
I named your son.
I won't cry,
I won't weep,
For i know you would had died eventually,
It's not a lie that i think about you everyday,
and the the fun that always stayed,
You were young,
You were precious,
to me,your puppies and your son,
when you died,
i didn't know,
now i know,
i want to go,
don't worry,fly away,
i have your son,
with me always.
To the rest of my days,i'll love him,
watch over him,keep him safe,
my used to be friend,
named Eirian...


© 2013 TaylorFluff


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on November 28, 2013
Last Updated on December 15, 2013


Author

TaylorFluff
TaylorFluff

somewhere in the world..., WI



About
I'm a very optimistic and lovely girl! I love to look at the bright side even when my life been going down hill.I put my trust in God no matter what! I know my happiness will come. I'm very mature for.. more..

Writing