Chapter 16: A snake in the grass

Chapter 16: A snake in the grass

A Chapter by TaylorFluff

Blueanne and Sirius followed the black cougar.He jumped on a tree branch and overlooked the fine land.There was green and brown everywhere.A perfect environment for animals like wolves and cougars,some small animals.The black cougar jumped down feeling the earth's dirt with his paws.''Come on this way.''He directed.Without objecting they followed him. Blueanne wasn't so sure about all this,but whatever made her friend positive made her positive.The little bird flew only just above the wolf and cougar.Sirius kept quiet.He had a lot of things on his mind right now.
What am i suppose to do?I don't know if i could trust this cougar.He's just so much a stranger to me.Blueanne is a sweet bird,how did she end up with some animal like him?I shouldn't judge.I'm considered to be a monster because of my size and voice.At least animals know i don't play.Well sometimes.What about this plant?These chocolate cosmos?This all seems like some wild goose chase! Why did i even agree to help them two,she-wolves?Belinda seems like she needs my help.Melina is just,i don't know.I need to get to know her more.But let us not think of the negative.I'm going to find this cure and when i do...I'm going to swear to the wolf god,Greatness above for my Adira will be avenge. That's something i vow.I'm not going to back out on the deal and what about Belinda's daughter?Melina's mom? What if she dies and i'm to late?I can't let that happen to them as it to me...
What was that?
When Sirius stopped dead in his tracks.Carro saw this and also stopped,glancing back at the silver and black wolf who suddenly had his ears shoved forwards,his tail high,standing tall.''What is it?''
''I thought...''Sirius regained his re-composure.His shoulders slumped.''Never mind.''He shook his head.Something inside him was not right.He had a feeling that something,just something was about to happen.
''Guys!''Blueanne called down.''I see a river!''She exclaimed.
''Thank LongTail,i'm so thirsty!''Carro commented.He ran down the hill following after Blueanne.Sirius stayed behind.His ears was shoved forward again.What is going on?
''Where are you?Show yourself!''He tried to make his voice deeper then it already was.That didn't work.''You heard me! Show yourself and maybe i'll show mercy!''He threatened.
The wind grew quiet.Sirius lowered his ears,but his tail still stood in a high place.He paw-speed to his friends.When he got there Blueanne was slurping water in her beak.Carro was licking it delicate to not get wet at all.Sirius looked down at the water.He sighed and glanced everywhere before getting his drink of the fine tasty water.
After getting a drink Carro led the way again.Blueanne was up above keeping watch.Every step Sirius took was uneasy.He felt a lump come in his throat.Something was out here.He can feel it.Its as if it was a second heartbeat away.
''Are you okay,Sirius?''Her voice made him jump out his pelt and back again.He nodded at the little blue bird and walked as if he was okay,which he wasn't.
''Let's go this way.Heading this way means we could get into the towns faster and the faster we get there,the faster we can rest.''Carro said.They followed him down a creek of big gray rocks.Some bushes on the left side and shrubs on the right.
Sirius couldn't take it any longer.He stopped.His tail and head held high and his ears shoved forwards.His teeth baring.He stood like a alpha leader.He stood as if he had a pack to protect.
''I know you're in there! I know you are!''He growled.''Come out!''
''What's up with him?''Carro whispered in Blueanne's ear.She shook her head.She didn't know.
''I said come out!''He barked.''Now!
The bushes started to vibrate and move,but out came nothing. Blueanne landed in front of Sirius.
''I'll go see,if you'd like,''She suggested.''It's probably nothing.''Sirius didn't reply to the little bird.Blueanne slowly walked up to the vibrating bush.Her talons moving ever so slightly.''Please let it be nothing BeautifulWings.Let it be nothing.''She prayed.
Carro shoved his ears forward.He watched Blueanne and was ready to attack if needed.Sirius eyes narrowed.What was in there?Why was it so reluctant to come out?He slowly walked forward just in case something was about to attack.
''AHH!''They heard it.Without a second thought Carro ran up to the bushes.
''Carro!''Sirius yelled,following him.
Blueanne was wrapped around tightly in a snake's grasped.It started to hiss at them.Carro was ready to leap,but Sirius held him back.
''Careful,that's a python.They're very dangerous.One bite.Your dead.''He whispered.
''What about Blueanne?''Carro whispered.''We have to save her!''
''We are,don't worry.I have a plan.''Sirius winked.
''Guys!''Blueanne choked.''I'm hurting!''
''It's going to squeeze her to death!''Carro shouted.
Sirius hit the snake with his muzzle and started running away from the group.Carro was irritated at this because he didn't know what the black and silver wolf was trying to do.The idea slowly came into his head as he caught on.The snake was angry! It dropped the now purple bird and slithered to Sirius.
''You're alright!?''Carro exclaimed.He put the small bird on his shoulder.She was to hurt to even speak.''Don't worry Blueanne,you'll be okay.''He smile.''Now come on we have to go save Sirius!''
Sirius kept running away from the slithering snake.He didn't want to get bite by one.He knew how venomous this reptile will be.He dashed through the trees hitting the branches as he passed by.Suddenly a dead end came.He had to stop.Or did he?If he jumped he would be dead automatically and if the snake bit him he'd be dead automatically.Not really much of a choice.Both options were death anyways.
He growled at the snake.''Don't come near me,you demon!''Everything around him faded it's as if the only thing he could see was golden.Something yelled his name,but he didn't know what or who it was.All he knew was he saw the snake flung itself at him.He quickly moved to the side and the snake fell down the cliff.
Sirius came back to reality.Where was i?What was that golden light?
''Sirius! Are you alright?''That's the first time he ever heard Carro voice sound so concern.Maybe it is time to put aside all the arguments that happened between us.
''I'm fine.''He said.
''Come on,we're almost in the town center.''Carro said.Sirius stared at the purple bird on Carro's shoulder.She would be better by tonight and he knew it.


© 2013 TaylorFluff


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on December 7, 2013
Last Updated on December 7, 2013


Author

TaylorFluff
TaylorFluff

somewhere in the world..., WI



About
I'm a very optimistic and lovely girl! I love to look at the bright side even when my life been going down hill.I put my trust in God no matter what! I know my happiness will come. I'm very mature for.. more..

Writing