Chapter 6:Hunting

Chapter 6:Hunting

A Chapter by TaylorFluff

      Sirius was asleep in the den.He had a dreamless sleep.It was in the afternoon.After helping auntie Adira with a few things he tended to himself and went to sleep.Adira was out hunting,she told him.He longed to hunt.His first hunt. He was older now and much more mature then when he was a baby.Six months old.Very mature for his age.His fur became lighter as he grew up.Silver on his underbelly.Black and silver mixed in around his whole body.He was large for his age.He also had a real deep voice of thunder.Very deep.
      Adira woke him up and they both began to eat the bird Adira caught.It wasn't much,but it was food.Adira started coughing a bit.She laid down and stopped eating.Sirius came up,hovering over her.
     ''Are you okay,Auntie?''He asked.His voice so deep,it sent shivers down her spine.She nodded.''I'm fine,just sleepy.''
     ''You know,if you taught me how to hunt,then you wouldn't have to go out in the cold all the time,''
     ''We were made with fur in time like this,''Adira said flatly.''I'm fine.I can hunt for the both of us.''And she went to sleep.
      However Sirius wasn't sleepy. He got up and left the den to run. He had a thing for running since he turned 6 months old. His deep voice is what made him want to run. It's like he's not controlling his body,but his voice is. He stopped.
      In front of him laid a gray wolf. His eyes so white,they were lifeless. He was coughing and gagging. So sick. So alone. Sirius who was very curious, went up to him and nudged him with his nose.
     ''What's wrong with you, friend?''He asked softly. ''Are you sick?''
     ''Yes.''The old wolf rasped. ''Very. Soon I'm going to die.''
     ''What is this cold you have?'' His voice was very deep, it made the old wolf kinda scared.
     ''All the wolves mostly have it nowadays. The last time I saw twenty wolves were dead because of this disease. I'm next...''
     Sirius mind flashed to Adira who was coughing,but not that much.She couldn't have this kind of disease.She's strong and smart!She just couldn't! Adira can't be sick,could she?Is she going to die?I have to do something! I won't let her die! ''I have to get back!''He ran off back to the den,leaving the old sick wolf in his last place on this earth.
    He made it back to the den to see Adira getting a drink of water,upon seeing him she nuzzled him and smiled.''Went for a run?''
   ''Yeah.''He answered shortly.What if it's this weather?Is that making her sick?I want to hunt.I'm going to learn.''I want to learn how to hunt,auntie.''He said flat.His eyes grew darker making her gasped.He voice deep as thunder.''I want to learn.''
     ''I don't-''
     ''I'm not asking,i'm telling you.I'm worried for you.I can hunt.I want to learn how.''He interrupted her.
     She gazed at his eyes.''I'll teach you tomorrow.''

     Adira and Sirius were hiding in the bushes.They were going to attack the animal in front of them.A caribou.With the two of them,this animal won't stand a chance!Sirius was excited,just like a pup,he couldn't stay in one spot.He was to happy!
   ''Stay still.''Adira coughed.
    He stopped moving and laid down in the grass.''We have to wait 'til the wind stop moving.Calm down.''She continued.
    ''Why does hunting depends on wind?''
    ''It's everything to do with hunting! If the wind is passing and the animal can sense you then your food is gone.It has everything to do with hunting.''Adira explained.''Come on,let's put the plan into action.''
    Sirius ran to the left side of the woods.Adira was on the right.The plan was for Sirius to attack the lower half of the caribou while undetected.Adira was soon going to come in for the kill in front of it she was going to push her fangs through the body.The wind stopped.Time to put the plan into action.
    Sirius moved.He ran fast as lightening and jumped on the caribou's back and forefully dugged his claws inside.The caribou started to kick up and run.Adira came from in front of it and clamped her teeth in it's neck.Sirius bit it's back.The caribou fell to it's death and the wolves started eating.
    ''You did good.One true hunter.''
     Sirius smile.He was going to protect Adira to her last.Hunting was something he could do every day while she slept inside to get better.He smile from ear to ear just thinking about it.


© 2013 TaylorFluff


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on November 29, 2013
Last Updated on November 29, 2013


Author

TaylorFluff
TaylorFluff

somewhere in the world..., WI



About
I'm a very optimistic and lovely girl! I love to look at the bright side even when my life been going down hill.I put my trust in God no matter what! I know my happiness will come. I'm very mature for.. more..

Writing