Chapter 7:The cough

Chapter 7:The cough

A Chapter by TaylorFluff


He ran.He ran so fast after the prey in front of him.It was just him alone.Alone with this caribou,he was hunting. Adira was in the den sleeping.She wasn't about to come out while she's sick.She was getting sicker and much cranky.He still knew she had a heart of gold.He loved the old wolf,he only wanted the best for her.

He ran after it,determine to jump and strike it with a killing blow.He skidded through the trees and turned a left to hide.The caribou stopped.It turned around and saw nothing.It grazed,but Sirius was watching from afar.The wind stopped.He moved slowly behind it.

He jumped.It started moving,He pushed his fangs in the rear area.It stopped.It dropped.Dead.

He ate his share and took some meat off for Adira to eat when he got back.Adira woke up when he appeared in the den.He dropped the food so she can eat.

''You feeling okay?''He asked.

She nodded.''I'm fine.''She coughed.

Her cough was getting worse.She was so sick her golden fur didn't have the hue in it when he was younger.Her fur was dull.Her blue eyes were dull.Everything about her was dull.No color.He nuzzled her.He deeply cared about her and was afraid to lose her.Then he remembered the old gray wolf he saw.He was sick.He said he seen twenty dead wolves of this disease.If it keeps up all the wolves will die because of this sickness.What's causing this?Where did this sickness come from anyways?

''Auntie,can i ask you something?''Sirius asked some time later.Adira was about to sleep when her head went up.''What is it?''

''Weeks ago i saw this old gray wolf.He had the same cough as you.I'm scared.''

''Your scared?You're the largest wolf ever to me! With a deep voice added! You are like a monster,and your scared?Of what?''Adira chuckled.

''Hey! I'm not that large!''Sirius stared down at his size.Yup,he's large.''Okay,i'm a little large.''

''Not only that,but your personality is sweet and you're strong.I see real potential in you.''Adira smile.''Don't worry about me.I'll be fine before you know it,''Hopefully.

''I can't help but worry.You're like my mom.You raised me when you could had left me to die!''

Adira thought about the young lives of his brothers and sisters.She did leave them to die.That was the most horrible thing she's ever done.She wished to take it back.She only took in Sirius,only him.''I'm going to be fine.''

Sirius nodded.He knew she was going to be fine.She went to sleep.He smile down at her.She was like his mother.At times she is his mother,that he loves with all his heart.Tonight he was going to sleep peacefully.That he vowed.



© 2013 TaylorFluff


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on November 29, 2013
Last Updated on November 29, 2013


Author

TaylorFluff
TaylorFluff

somewhere in the world..., WI



About
I'm a very optimistic and lovely girl! I love to look at the bright side even when my life been going down hill.I put my trust in God no matter what! I know my happiness will come. I'm very mature for.. more..

Writing