Chapter 22: The help of a dog

Chapter 22: The help of a dog

A Chapter by TaylorFluff

It's been a day of traveling and Carro couldn't stop worrying about his family.At least he could had sent them to Belinda she would had taken care of them until they got back.The old she-wolf maybe was crazy,but Carro found himself trusting her sometimes.
They made it out the woods.Sirius was amazed.Outside was a whole different world from the woods.A whole different world from the wolves.Everyone was always moving and Carro was right.He did see two-legged creatures! How do they do that?That's weird! It seems as if these creatures didn't notice them as they were to busy doing other things.
Sirius saw trees and other moving objects he didn't know.He was curious about this world around him.He wanted to get to know it,but Carro insisted they stay in hiding because these creatures were dangerous.
Sirius couldn't believe his eyes as if his eyes were blind and if he were in heaven.If he were these two legged creatures trying to get around with other things on his mind,but he wasn't. He was a wolf.But the land was beautiful! He had to say.
''Alright,let's see...''Carro stared around the predicament they were in.Carro knew these humans could be dangerous,but Sirius was curious.Blueanne had no say in staying or not.She wasn't in the mood to admire the land before them.It's as if she carried a deep burden within her that no one will ever know.Perhaps it's something to do with her past.
''Can't we just keep walking forward.I want to explore!''Sirius yelped happily.''This land is amazing!''
''Looks can be deceiving.''Carro whispered so that Sirius couldn't hear.
''Huh?You say something Carro?'
''No.''Carro replied.''Look Sirius,i know you're happy to be somewhere else instead of the woods,but we really need to stay in hiding.If we were caught walking in these lands of the humans they are bound to hurt us or worse.''
''What's worse then hurting us?Killing us?''
''No.They might send us to the zoo!''Carro yelped.''I can't go back! I won't go back!''
''Calm down Carro,no need to catch a tantrum.''Blueanne's sweet optimistic attitude was back.They continued to walk on the outskirts of the woods.Sirius looked around again.How come i never noticed this place before?It's been here all alone,what happened?
''Stop!''Carro halted.They all stopped.
''What is it?''Blueanne asked.''Something wrong?''
''We're at a dead end.''Carro shrunk or it seems like.He was shivering under his fur.Was he scared?The ferocious cougar scared?That's so unlike him!
''What do you mean?''
''The humans yard.We have to get past the humans' yard for the other side of town.''Carro gulped.''I had it with humans! What if they find me and take me back?What will happen to my family?My Almira?My Catrina?-''He started blabbering about all the troubles in his family and how he can't go back to the zoo.Sirius cut him off.
''You hear that?''He said.They all strained their necks to hear the sound of barking.A wolf!''It's a wolf!''Sirius cheered.''Maybe they can help us!''Before they could stop Sirius leaped over the fence into the yard.Carro called after him but he never answered back.They had no choice but to follow after the black and silver wolf.
To Sirius disappointment the animal standing in front of him was no wolf.It didn't even look like one! It had short floppy ears,a long skinny tail,very skinny,little fur and a short muzzle.What was this thing?
''What are you?''Sirius asked.The animal turned to him, her brown eyes sparkling.
''Please get me off this leash!''She squealed.
''You can talk?What are you?''Sirius lifted his tail for he did not give in to submission until this animal answered his question.
''I'll tell you if you get me off this leash!''She squealed again.She began vigorously pulling at the pink object around her neck and biting it off.''Please! I promise!''
That did it,Sirius ripped off the leash with his teeth as the animal began panting and breathing hard.''Now answer my question.What are you?''
''I'm a dog.''She panted.
''A dog?What's a dog?''The 'dog' was surprised at this question.She knew that he was a wolf but he didn't know she was a dog?Very peculiar.
''You don't know what a dog is?'She stood gaped. Sirius only replied with a shake of his head.''A dog is the descendants of Wolves.You are a wolf.''She smile.
''Descendants?How so?''
''It's kind of a long story in history with the humans.''The dog suddenly started jumping around.''My name's Honey.What's yours?''
''Sirius.''
''Sirius!''Carro landed into the yard with Blueanne in tow.They stared at the dog in front of Sirius staring at them the same way.
''A dog?'
''Hello!''She barked happily.''Who are you?''
''I'm Blueanne.''
''Carro. Sirius you know her?''
''Now i do.''Sirius said.''I helped her get free from this rope thing.What is it?''
''A leash.I hate it!''Honey growled.''They always put me outside in the cold with a leash.It's loneliness!''She suddenly started picking at the ground with her paws and looked Sirius in the eyes.''What can i help you with?''
''Do you know where Mexico lies?''
''I sure do!''She yapped.''You have to go pass two states and towns though.Some rivers not that much as the cities and towns though.At least two more towns and-you know what?Let me go get the map.''She bounded off her tail wagging.
Sirius was suddenly very confused.Never in all his life he had seen a species such as this...?
'' Are you confuse or something?''Carro brought him back to planet earth.Sirius nodded.The grey striped dog came back with a map in her mouth.She set it down in front of Sirius and his friends.
''Here you go!''She said.''Right now we are in Arizona,my friends.You have to go through new Mexico and keep going there and then you should be in Mexico.Beautiful city i tell you.''
Sirius scanned over the map as if reading one more time.Arizona,New Mexico,Mexico,Arizona,New Mexico,Mexico...The pattern kept repeating in his head.''Can we use this map by any chance?''He asked.
''Of course!''The dog nodded.''I don't need it anymore-''Her ears perked up.They heard voices coming from inside the huge block thing.''Go! Get over the gate before my owners sees you!''She instructed.''Come on hurry up!''
Carro was the first to jump.''Come on Sirius!''Sirius followed afterwards and Blueanne flew.''Thank you!''Honey wagged her tail as she heard the faint voice.


© 2013 TaylorFluff


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on December 12, 2013
Last Updated on December 14, 2013


Author

TaylorFluff
TaylorFluff

somewhere in the world..., WI



About
I'm a very optimistic and lovely girl! I love to look at the bright side even when my life been going down hill.I put my trust in God no matter what! I know my happiness will come. I'm very mature for.. more..

Writing