Chapter 21: Carro's daughter

Chapter 21: Carro's daughter

A Chapter by TaylorFluff

Sirius and Blueanne were shock to hear about the black cougar having a daughter. Blueanne was overjoyed at the new coming. Sirius was happy for him,but he longed for a family to call his own. 
Almira showed the trio were she kept the young cub at while she was away. Carro walking on the side of her trying to contain his happiness.Suddenly Sirius thought about the flower that could help the wolves.What if Carro want to stay here with his family?How will we get there?We'll be to late.Every second a wolf could die! I can't let this happen.I'll at least let him see his young one first before bringing up the topic.
''Wait here.''Almira directed.They were back in the field where Sirius and Blueanne first saw Almira up in a tree.She went behind the tree and grabbed a little furball by her scruff.''Here she is!''Almira gently put her down.
Sirius couldn't deny the little girl was adorable.She looked exactly like Almira,but black was underbelly and around her ears.She was less then a month old,Sirius could tell.
Carro sniffed her and licked her forehead.''I have a daughter?''He whispered.''I have a daughter!''He was to happy to keep his happiness away.Almira sat down fondly as she watch Carro run in circles around them.After some time they all sat down with the young cub in the middle of them.
''I can't say she's not adorable,''Sirius smile.''Handful is she?''
''Very,''Almira nodded.''She's starting to develope her teeth.And she's still on milk-which makes it worse.''Almira groaned.A wind brushed pass making the cub mewl and whine.Almira held her closely.
''When was she born?''Blueanne piped.Out of all who was excited it was Blueanne.Her wings kept fluttering around each time the little cub moved.
''About some weeks ago.She not even a month yet.''
The hot topic was all on the little cub.She certainly was a bright little girl.Confused and interesting she stared at the little bird and started playfully swatting at her with her little paws.Blueanne awed at the sight.She was in no need to tell the cub 'stop'.Carro picked up his daughter and licked her forehead.She swatted playfully at him.The wind brushed pass them once again making her squeal and bury her head deep in Carro's fur.
''Carro?''Sirius called.''May i have a word with you?''The two walked away from the chatting girl talking about the little cub.Sirius and Carro walked down the field behind the trees.They stopped on the embankment of the stream.''Are we still going to Mexico to find this flower?''
Carro nodded.''Of course,friend,i could never leave you two to do it on your own.''
''It's just that you had a daughter.You have a family to tend to.''Sirius hesitated. Now Sirius never had a mate or children.But if he did he would want to stay with them instead helping some friends find what they need.
Carro agreed.''I know,but i'll be back.I'm not staying.I promised to help and that's what i'm doing.''That's what Sirius liked about this cougar.He was so loyal and well understood.Even he would help them after meeting his daughter for the first time ever in his life.He still would help them.
''You live up to your promises,i see.''Sirius acknowledged.
''Like you said before,''Carro beamed.''There's no such thing as trust if there's no promises.''
    ***
Blueanne was playing with the cub.She ran slowly for the cub to catch her.The game was going on for a while now.Almira waited for the two males to come back and join the group.She first saw Carro then Sirius followed after.From the look on Carro's face something was wrong.
''What's wrong?''She asked without having him tell her the problem.Blueanne stopped playing with the cub as she slumped down next to her mother to nurse.
''I have to go,''Almira cut him off before he could explain the problem.She asked why and he said he promised to help Sirius and Blueanne find some kind of flower, Almira forgot what it was.
''So you're just going to leave your daughter and i?''Almira snapped.
''It's not like that-''
''It sounds like it! We just got reunited! A girl needs her father for protection whether against bullies or boys!''
''Just let me explain-''
''I can't believe you! How dare you leave us like this?''
Sirius couldn't take it.Carro had his ears pinned against his head as Almira was snapping at him.Sirius stepped up to stop this once and for all.
''Look,''He seethed.''Carro is helping us find a rare flower that can save my species,the wolves.We need him to get to Mexico and from the look of it,i can tell you're not from Mexico, right?''
''Right.I wasn't born there.''Almira put her muzzle in the air to listen.
''We need him as much as you need him! He'll be back,just care for the young one.Mexico shouldn't be that far,but we'll be to late if we don't move now!''He growled lowly. Almira wanted to snap back,but Sirius advanced on her making her shut her muzzle.She nodded slowly.
''Fine.''She said.''Carro?''
''Yeah?''His ears perked up.
''I'm sorry.Are you coming back?''
Carro nuzzled Almira and licked Catrina on her furry head.''I'm always going to come back to you,two.''You,two,are both the reasons why i'm still living...
They were on the journey once again.


© 2013 TaylorFluff


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on December 10, 2013
Last Updated on December 12, 2013


Author

TaylorFluff
TaylorFluff

somewhere in the world..., WI



About
I'm a very optimistic and lovely girl! I love to look at the bright side even when my life been going down hill.I put my trust in God no matter what! I know my happiness will come. I'm very mature for.. more..

Writing