Chapter 23: The great leap

Chapter 23: The great leap

A Chapter by TaylorFluff

Blueanne flew out the tree to wake up Sirius and Carro.They were sleeping soundly under it.Last night they made it New Mexico.Only a little more to go.Blueanne was exhausted from flexing her wings to much.She usually would perch on Sirius or Carro while walking.
''Wake up,''She hooted.''Come on get your furry butts up!''She shouted.Sirius groggily got up and squinted his eyes to get a better look at the daylight.He yawned and stretched his whole body before shaking his fur.Carro done the same with a little growl.And they were off once again.
''How far do we got to go?''Sirius asked. Blueanne was on his shoulder picking at her blue feathers.
''We're in New Mexico now,''Carro responded.''Let me see the map.''Sirius,who was carrying the map in his mouth put it down.It flicked opened for the three animals to see.''Alright,let's see.We're in New Mexico right here.''He pointed with his paw.''We need to keep travelling south in order to actually be there.''
''How do you know if were there?''Blueanne asked.She stared at the black cougar mark the spot they were going to with his claw.
''I was born in Mexico.I know my hometown trust me.''
''Wasn't Almira born in Mexico?''
''What?No.She was born in Colorado,but brought to Mexico because she's some kind of rare breed.they say.''Carro rolled his eyes playfully.
''Well she is something special.And so is that cub-never seen nothing like it before.A black and brown cub,something special in this world.''Sirius commented.
''Yeah...''Carro drifted away in his thoughts about his daughter Catrina.She's so much like her mother,but acts mostly like me.She's a beautiful and bright young girl.I can tell she's going to grow strong and big,like her mother...I hope not Stubborn.
They continued to walk in the silence only listening to the wind passing by and animals grazing in fields.They had no urge to hunt and eat.What mattered right now is getting that flower and taking it back to Belinda and Melina.
Sirius gazed at the day lit sky.The clouds were passing by,but to the wolves they were known as the 'floating pictures' sometimes the clouds or 'floating pictures' would look big and puffy and sometimes they made a picture,which amazed the wolves.Sirius always looked up to them just to see if they were still with them.Sirius preferred the stars better,he did not know why,it's just he has so much in common with them,would be his answer.
Sirius then began to wonder what's going on at home.What was they doing?He did not know all the wolves.He actually only met Belinda and Melina,and maybe the gray wolf if you're counting him.He never really actually 'socialized' with his own kind before,but he's saving them?From what?Some disease effecting the wolves health and making them die.He didn't want to become the last wolf,maybe that's why or was it because he was afraid to BE the last wolf on this earth alive.He didn't know.He was brave,why would he be scared?
He got lost in his own thoughts as he bumped into Carro. Carro's eyes were huge at the sight before them. Sirius followed his gaze and landed on a huge wall.
''What's this?...''Sirius stuttered.This was amazing,yet terrifying.They had to get through this wall to continue their journey.
''We have to get pass this...this...?''Carro trailed off. No one knew what he was going to say as he left the word hanging in the air unsaid.
''I have wings,i can fly!''Blueanne shuddered.Even she knew that wasn't going to work by her own standards.The wall was simply to huge for a bird's length especially a blue-jay.''What are we going to do?''
''Is there another way?''Sirius asked glancing around for anything to go through or use.Nothing was available.
''Sirius. You know there's not.'' Carro bowed his head in shame.''We're stuck.''
''No we're not!''Sirius advanced in yelling.''We are not stuck!''His voice couldn't get deep as it already was,but he was yelling.''We are standing here just looking at this thing when every second a wolf may die! Die! I tell you! I want this flower and if going through this going to get me to that flower then that's exactly what i'm going to do! No one's going to stop me! Not You! Nor you! I'm afraid to be the last wolf standing! I'm afraid to get this disease and die alone! You have a daughter and mate,Carro! I would love to have a family,if this wasn't happening!''He calmed down his voice.''I'm sorry for yelling,you just don't know what i've been through.I'm sorry.''He lightly touched Carro with his muzzle on his shoulder.He lightly nuzzled the small blue bird.
''But everything i said was true.I-We have to do this.Every minute you are away from your family Carro,''Sirius turned to Blueanne.''And Blueanne every minute you're away from your training of becoming Belinda's assistant. And i'm away from curing this medicine for my fellow family.''All the wolves weren't his family,but they were special to him because they were his species.So they were his family.
I'm not the bravest of all creatures,no,but i'm something special.I know i am.I want to avenge every wolf's death who died from this sickness.I want to avenge Adira,my second mother,my second life-saver.I want to do this for my mom.I never met her,but i know she'll be proud of me for doing so.I want to do this,i want to win this.I wasn't meant to die! I was meant to live! I was meant to serve the weak and help the poor! I was meant to fly,I was meant to run,now I'm meant to JUMP!
Carro and Blueanne watched the Black and silver wolf from afar to not get in his way.And before they knew it,
Just like lightening Sirius jumped!


© 2013 TaylorFluff


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on December 14, 2013
Last Updated on December 14, 2013


Author

TaylorFluff
TaylorFluff

somewhere in the world..., WI



About
I'm a very optimistic and lovely girl! I love to look at the bright side even when my life been going down hill.I put my trust in God no matter what! I know my happiness will come. I'm very mature for.. more..

Writing