Chapter 3:Born

Chapter 3:Born

A Chapter by TaylorFluff

Adira dropped the herbs for Eirian to eat. Eirian ate it and laid back down to sleep. Adira was the one always providing for the both of them since she found out Eirian was pregnant.Eirian had to select a birth den to give birth to healthy pups,they both agreed to look for one today when they both woke up. Eirian was a sweet wolf not only strong and intelligent,but smart.That's what made Adira so fond of the silver wolf.
Adira wasn't sleepy,but she gazed down on the soft breathing Silver wolf who was heavily pregnant by now and could give birth any day.She smile.They would be one.A pack. Wolves mostly lived alone in the world,but Adira wasn't alone anymore.She had a friend.She had a sister and soon her ''sister'' will be having the little ones.
Adira got up and left the sleeping wolf and went down by the lake to get a drink.It was morning time or afternoon.The sun was beginning to set,but it made the water look beautiful. Adira adored the water.Her thoughts shifted to the soon coming pups.Questions raced through her golden head.How many is there going to be?What will happen?Will things go fine?Will the pups survive in a world like this?Many,many questions.
Of course,Adira was happy or rather shock to hear the young wolf pregnant.She was going to be a young mother.What will happen?How many?How many?It was hard to provide for two.It will be even harder to provide for what?five?six?seven?That's a lot.No male wolves were with them to protect them and the pups.They needed males.Males were strong,they could protect them,right?Adira really never actually went close to a male except the black one and that was a rapist to her and he's the father of the pups.Is that something to hate?
She started to howl.A soft melody she came up with when she was younger.The howl resonant with the sun who was beginning to set.A long howl in a short time.All was going to be okay and she knew it.Her howl began to get a high pitched noise at the end as she stopped and stared at what?Nothing.She started daydreaming about the future and how it was going to be.Two she wolves watching out for young pups.
Suddenly she was tapped on her shoulder by Eirian who smile at her.''Come on,it's time.''
Time to find another den so the mother can give birth to healthy pups. Adira nodded and followed the soon-going-to-be mother.
They passed the lake and started speed walking.Both looking for a place to use for the whelping den. Eirian put her muzzle in the air to get a scent.They walked along some shrubs and trees in the woods finding a den for her to give birth in.
They stopped upon making it to two mountains where they first met that night of the black wolf.
''Maybe we should go our separate ways,''Eirian suggested.''It'll be easier for the both of us.You check the eastern side and i'll check the west.''
''I need to stay with you always for danger critics.''Adira said. Eirian shook her head.''I can handle myself.''
Not with the black wolf,you were helpless,Adira rolled her eyes at the thought.''But-''
''I'll be fine.I'll howl when i need something and when i find something.''Eirian nuzzled the golden wolf who agreed.They both went their separate ways.
Eirian traveled far west where she saw a small pond and took a drink.She stopped for a second to catch some breath.Her stomach was in to much pain.They were ready to come out,she was ready to push.
She continued walking in the green woods.The trees were high.She jumped off a broken branch that came half way down to the forest floor.She started running through a meadow...
Adira was having a hard time in the eastern part.Everything was dark and shadowing,not a place for puppies.She wanted to get out the eastern part so far she got into a fight with a snake and huge spider.She ran out to the western side to find Eirian and how she was doing,but then it all changed when she found the perfect spot.A small opened spaced den with a pond nearby plus the supply of food her nostrils can smell.This is the perfect place! 
She howled.
Eirian heard her and started running back to find Adira outside the small den.A perfect den.For the both of them and the pups.
''Are you ready?''Adira nuzzled her.Eirian nodded.
''I'll call you in when i'm done.''Eirian said and left inside the den.
Adira was ready too.It's time for the pups to be done.She waited outside for the whimpering and soft growling of pain to stop.Was it that bad?Did it hurt that much?
''Is she okay?"Adira wanted to go in there with her so bad,but she was firmly told to stay out until called.The growling and screaming grew.That was then...
She heard mewling.
The first pup.Her tail started to wag in excitement.She couldn't wait to meet the young pups!
Eirian,inside cut the pup's umbilical cord and licked it clean.The first one was a boy.She guide it to her teat to nurse.She then started to feel the pain again and started pushing.She heard Adira bark.
''I'm fine,Adira!''Eirian tried to say.She pushed and another pup came out.Another boy.She licked him clean and pushed again.
Adira was to excited she couldn't stay in one place! She started running,then walking,then pacing,then running,then pacing,then walking.A repeating pattern.Every time she heard a pup being born her tail wagged impatiently.
''Adira.''Her name was called.She took a deep breath and walked inside.
Their were five of them.Five pups nursing from their mother. Eirian. Eirian was tired out,but Adira knew the young wolf was strong.
''How many boys and how many girls?''Adira asked,sniffing each small pup.
''Three boys and two girls.''
''What are their names?''Adira wagged her tail.
''I don't know what to name them,maybe...''Eirian stopped and laid her head down.
''Eirian?''Adira called.No answer came from the silver wolf.''Eirian?Eirian?''
Nothing...


© 2013 TaylorFluff


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on November 27, 2013
Last Updated on November 27, 2013


Author

TaylorFluff
TaylorFluff

somewhere in the world..., WI



About
I'm a very optimistic and lovely girl! I love to look at the bright side even when my life been going down hill.I put my trust in God no matter what! I know my happiness will come. I'm very mature for.. more..

Writing