Fake praises

Fake praises

A Chapter by Beauty lily

After Sanjana's birth it seemed that the whole kothari family became more joyous . They went for picnics, went for an outing every weekend and it proved to be a very good way to increase the bonding between family members. After a whole week of work and stress everyone enjoyed their free weekend at the fullest.
It was the time of March ending and everyone was extremely busy with the work. Hence to not stop the family tradition she thought of a way . She decided that everyone stays at home but she was to cook food for everyone. Being a pampered child she never once sat a foot in the kitchen but today she decided to do so . With her brother's aid both of them began cooking without caring about the taste.
After they finished cooking it looked great , she made a authentic rajasthani dish (DAL BATI CHURMA)accompanied with few more side dishes and a sweet . Everything looked delicious but what matters was taste . After serving the food everyone was quite thrilled but when they tasted the food their imagination broke. With only a bite they were able to say that it was the worst food they ever tried or ate. To not break their sweetheart's little heart they ate the food symbolising that they loved it, but what they were unable to realise that because of her ability to read minds she came to know what their actual thoughts were which made her her very sad . She urged everyone to stop eating the food and instead order something online. Everyone agreed to do so . To cheer her everyone went to play outside deciding to play golf as everyone was champion at it. They further decided to divide the teams in two and decided the winners.
It was really a very tough competition with each team almost equal . Now it was Sanjana's turn to take the shot , it was the last shot which would decide the winners. Atmosphere was quite tensed at that time . Everyone's eyes on Sanjana's shot. As soon as she made a shot it was as if winning world cup. The whole girls team began to cheer loudly about their victory defeating the men's team. Seeing their lovely daughter all happy and cheerful everyone was delighted. To spend their victory Sanjana and her family went to a good restaurant and had dinner their. On their way back when Sanjana and her brother Aarav were alone she said to him ,"Bhai , you know I felt really bad when everyone had to taste such a bad food made by me. I wanted to make their day but instead ruined it ." She sounded really sad and to console her Aarav said,'You know not everyone is perfect in everything. Trying to do something good is what counts. See after lunch we spent our time playing and enjoyed so much. So ,my dear little sister stop blaming yourself.'
Sanjana was somewhat motivated with her brother's word and decided to make herself good in making food. Aarav knew her sister too well and was well aware about her determination and was happy to see his sister being so determined.
To achieve her goal she practiced every night with her brother accompanying her. Slowly and gradually after weeks of practice and effort her she became better and by the end of 3rd week she could confidently say that she knew how to cook every known dish.
Next Sunday she was determined to cook again which initially everyone was afraid of but gradually agreed .
Whole week passed and it was now Sunday so Sanjana cooked again the same menu with additional few more dishes . Again it looked great and what mattered was taste to everyone. Sanjana was also very tensed that whether her family will like the dishes or not. But to her surprise everyone praised her as soon as they had a bite and this time there were no fake praises instead their were genuine ones.
They were surprised that how could she improve so much in such a little time, but the food was really appetising. Everyone was happy and so was Sanjana .


© 2020 Beauty lily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on March 30, 2020
Last Updated on March 30, 2020

Destined to be together


Author

Beauty lily
Beauty lily

Kolkata, Kakurgachi, India



Writing