Chapter 10: Going Forth

Chapter 10: Going Forth

A Chapter by Vertigo Cat1111
"

Link and Midna travel side by side and it feels nothing has changed... but something is just a bit more prominent. A feeling...

"
Link trudged forth, mud sticking on his boots, and he frowned at them. Link and Midna went on in a field, and where this fresh, new mud came from, he wondered as he looked over his shoulder, seeing nothing but grass, he didn't know. He went ahead, kept going, but the mud on his boot seemed to... grow heavier. He kicked some mud off, but... it wouldn't come off...? And why was it sparkly? 

He realized it. "Midna," he began as he saw her smiling slightly, listening to him grunting probably. "You're the meanest!" "Ooh, ouch my feelings," she sobbed sarcastically. 

Link pouted after her, as she twirled a graceful finger, and the mud swooped back to her and seemingly disappeared. "Meanie dumb-dumb jerk," he scowled. Midna scoffed. "Where do you get these insults, Mr?" she said, ahead of him.

He frowned. He wanted to make her embarrassed. She always taunted him. Not saying he hadn't missed it... But- anyway- wait. "Hey, so Midna... when can I teach you how to swordfight?" He smirked. Midna turned and her face seemingly turned a bit red, maybe purple, because she was a light blue. He couldn't tell from here, but he still thought her face was a wonder, a treasure to behold.

"I- I dunno, Link, I didn't think about that. I think we can cross that bridge when we come to it, eh?"

Link frowned. "I think we're gonna be busy, and that'll be a perfect time to do it. What if we come to that bridge, and we can't cross it, because you don't know how?"
Midna raised a black shapely eyebrow. "Link, that doesn't make any sense," she said, a bit quiet after a second of silence. "Everyone knows how to cross a bridge! You use your legs and walk on the significantly different pa-

Link threw down his arms. "Oh, you know what I mean!" he scoffed.

Midna folded her arms, dress swaying slightly in the wind, as she stared into, probably the depths of his soul. He couldn't take her intense red gaze, and he stuck his lower lip out slightly, and his eyes darted to the sky, where the storms were collecting, and rolling towards them, seemingly everlasting.

There was an uncomfortable silence, and somehow, he was thinking barely any thoughts, besides something in the back of his head, relating to Midna, that had been stuck in his mind for the past months. The rest of his head was empty, and he was about to get a sudden accidental grasp of what the thought was, but then Midna sighed, and he turned back to her. "Fine," she sighed.

He unsheathed his sword and looked up at Midna. He swore he saw intimidation in her eyes. "Now, don't be nervous, it's just a sword, nothing to be afraid-"
"Afraid?" Midna's eyes widened, and Link suddenly wondered if his choice of words was a mistake. Of course they were, he admitted only to himself. "Of a sword? Psssh," she rolled her ruby red eyes. "Link, you've got to be kidding me."

He grinned at her awkwardly. The Hylian was just glad she didn't eat him alive, at the prospect of him even THINKING she was scared.

Getting on with it, he demonstrated a classic sword swing. "So, for a classic, not hard-at-all little attack, you'd just swing like that. It's good in battle, for an easy quick fight, or for when they're enemies coming at you at both sides. It's easy, quick, and decently effective," he explained, he thought quite well, looking down at his sword. "And you gotta put a lot into you're wrist, a wrist flick's good, unless you wanna get multiple baddies, in which case you'd swing-" he looked up at Midna, who had a look of indifference on her face. 

"Midna!" Link exclaimed. "Are you listening?" He asked, some form irriatated, although he knew he could never truly be upset at the Princess. Er, queen?

She nodded, and somehow Link believed her, but she then said, "Wouldn't it be better if we did this while still traveling? The sooner we get there the better," she suggested, and Link realized she was right. "Yea-Yeah, okay. I'll help you practice when you get the sword. It's not as if you can do that now anyway- we only have one sword.

They went ahead, as Link chatted about his favorite attacks, most notably, the Spin Attack. Midna had her ears listen to maybe ten minutes of her comrade talking about how effective, yet fun it was. "Doesn't that sound great, Midna?" He asked, as he turned his head over his shoulder to look at her, eyes shining with light, after talking about what he loved so dearly. Midna grinned at him. "Of course it sounds great, darling, but I'm just not one to get dizzy is all."

Silence... Midna wondered if she'd hurt his feelings. "Link, I just meant-" she began, readying herself to apologize to the sensitive boy. 

"Midna, did you just call me- d-darling?" he said, and even though he was looking ahead, facing away from the twilit, she could HEAR his smile. "N-no, I was meaning- I meant to call you- you know, DOLT!" She said, using her classic insult she saved only for Link. 

He glanced at her. "I don't know, Midna- it was pretty- not insulting sounding..."

Midna felt her face heating up. "Well- it's what I meant! Now get on with you're dumb swordsman speak, before I burn you alive."

Silence again. 

"Nah, I don't feel like it very much." "L-Link!" Midna hissed angrily.

The thing about Link to Midna, no matter how much she loved him as a friend -though she'd probably never admit that- he always found a way to get on her last, freaking nerve. But, she flashbacked back, when her father- bless his heart, she would always feel guilty- had told her that the person you love the most, would often at times be the one that annoyed you the most. Now, he also mentioned it wasn't the same for everyone, but he'd told Midna with her fiery and bound personality it would most likely be like that for her, once she found the man/woman she loved. 

Not that Midna was incunating she loved Link- no, of course not. That was almost enough to make her sick, but just that she loved him very much as a friend.

She didn't plan on falling in love, thank you very much... not unless it was too late. "Link, I swear to the GODS-" He glanced at her, and she paused, staring also back at him. Oops, she'd said Gods. "Forget I said that." She shuddered. "Just- just get on with your stuff."

Midna delicately waved her hand around, and two shadow horses appeared, and she hopped upon one, and stared down almost glaringly down at Link. She didn't mean to, and immideiatly unfurrowed her brow, after seeing how intimatded he looked. "Uh, hop on Link."

He went to get on the back of the one Midna had already planted her rear on, and then Midna suddenly freaked out more then she meant to. Being that close to Link- something about it was nerve-wracking, like looking in his eyes. That's how it was with everyone, right? 

"LINK! You're own horse!" She screamed. Link nearly fell on his back, becoming frightened by Midna's sheer anger. He hadn't MEANT to crawl up upon there with Midna. He was distracted, by her face! 

He hurried to the other shadow horse, this one having blue eyes he realized, and the other Midna was on, still looking angry (frightened?) had red eyes, like her own. 

Link was tempted to ask their gender, seeing as the horses shared their riders eye colors, but he was too afraid she'd snap at him again. 

The thing was- Link wasn't seriously scared of Midna, nor emotionally abused- it was just how their relationship played out- and as Midna urged him to share more things he enjoyed and loved- he realized this was everything he'd asked for- and more.


© 2020 Vertigo Cat1111


Author's Note

Vertigo Cat1111
A bit of a shorter chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it! There's still a long way to go until this story is finished. All rights belong to Nintendo!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on September 25, 2020
Last Updated on September 25, 2020
Tags: Link. Midna. Zelda. Twilight Pri

Legend Of Twilight: Everlasting Dawn


Author

Vertigo Cat1111
Vertigo Cat1111

About
🐱💙My biggest writing inspirations are Lorde, Gabbie Hanna, and Phoebe Bridgers. If you like any of them feel free to talk to me about it! Never be afraid to go on tangents to talk abou.. more..

Writing