Chapter 39: Entrance

Chapter 39: Entrance

A Chapter by Vertigo Cat1111
"

Facing the Gods, facing their own guilt, Link and Midna, The Resistance, finally go to face the Gods and make their possible, final entrance.

"
Several monsters waited for Link and Midna at the exit of the Castle. They were able to kill them in a hurry. On the hurry back to Kakariko Village, Link's mind wander. The confrontation showed how he could've ended up the exact same as his brother. Was there anything that would ever turn Link as rotten as Ravana had become? Who would he have become, if he was not the rightful heir to the Triforce? Was it this that made him courageous?

Or had he become it because of the blessing the Goddesses' laid upon him?

Link stopped when Midna skidded to a halt for a moment. She seemed to be saying goodbye- to what, Link did not know. 

Perhaps she was thinking about how they may never return home. Link posed his question. "Midna... are you worried?"

She turned to look at him. "About what exactly?" "Death. Dying. Everyone dying." 

She scoffed and rolled his eyes at his wording. "The Gods are trying to establish dominion over the Resistance. And their all-powerful beings. Link, let's just say I'm worried about exactly what you think I'm worried about- what you're worried about, and what everyone is WORRIED about."

"Yet," Link breathed, unphased, "we're still doing this..."  a moment's silence only interrupted by lightning visible in the sky, and thunder in the noise, "Midna, are we selfish?"

Midna didn't look at him, physically, barely paying much attention to him now. "You're just accepting now that we're selfish? It's far too late, Link." He flinched at her words. But then she said more. "No, Link, we are NOT. We called upon this battle for the sake of others who have been beaten down by society, and for everyone in the future," her voice accused the Gods of their own arrogance they would not take up. She turned to him, more things to say within her ruby red gaze, but he could read them. He wasn't foolish.

A war was coming. Coming now. Some things could not be stopped.

He watched Midna's frown deepen. He opened his mouth to ask her, but she cut him off from deciphering her thoughts. She seemed to be able to do that easily. Too easily. "We're gonna be okay."

Her words filled Link with an odd kind of sadness and grief. Everything they had been through, and it could be thrown away as he threw away his and Ilia's relationship. 

A tingling pit filled his chest. The people of Hyrule would have to suffer if they lost, at least many of them. But would they not have been better off if Link himself had just let it be? He started this all, even if Midna played an equally big part, as of now. But that didn't make much sense, did it? People were still being burned from prejudice, whether a Zora loves a Goron, a man love a man, or a rich soul loved a poor one. This had to end. The Gods had brought it to a war.

Link and Midna were merely going to fight it. He could feel the blood rushing from his face as he realized how they may be fighting a war, in a matter of moments. They both knew the full extent of this.

The collective crash of thunder made them turn their heads to the horizon. Link sighed. He could not bring himself to think of the worst

They warped to Kakariko Village.

Everyone was around, and they swarmed the two heroes. Midna gently smiled, Link noticed, but her face switched back, into a solemn expression. Looking to a new friend, Uli, she whispered, "It's time."
The blonde girl nodded, and Link thought he saw tears pricking in her eyes, and he wanted to start crying himself then and there.

Midna surveyed them all with a grim and glazed expression until each and everyone began to warp, disappearing.

For a short moment, Link only knew fear and anxiety. He was sending everyone to die, wasn't he? For the sake of what? He could not comprehend this panic.

"The children stay here, with several others," Midna reminded them.
The kids pouted sadly but did not deny.

Link thought he may know what was going on in her mind. What she was saying goodbye to, was each and every one of them, in her mind, while she could still see them.
Her eyes reflected the lighting, as they watered. As they all disappeared, Midna stood there for several seconds at the stormy landscape.

Link took her hand in his, and she looked at him, as tears rolled down her face. Link braided their fingers together. 
"It'll be okay," he promised.
"I know."

In that long moment, Link realized she was planning something- he didn't know what it was, but Goddesses' he didn't want her to go.
Burying his face in her soft, sweet-smelling shoulder, he willed himself not to cry.

Suddenly, they have warped themselves to the Mountain of Storms.

At the moment when everything was black and spinning, he knew as long as Midna would be here- he would not stay down on the floor.


Link's emotions and thoughts echoed within him and the world, and Midna turned to him. The look said everything Link was feeling. But he wouldn't let whatever she had planned to go through- if either of them died, it'd be him. Soon, there would be a time of peace, when the world would be healed from anger, and close-mindedness.

He was ready to give his life to make sure this happened.

When they arrived, they were directly met, face to face with the Gods.
Gently, Link squeezed Midna's arm in reassurance. 

"Such arrogance!" they all echoed at the same time. Link watched their every move.

Midna did not let them intimidate her. She did not let it intimidate her entire family. "I've been simply dying to rid of you!" Midna growled.
Her remark did not offend them. Instead, they stared.

"You both have shocked us for a long time. To defy Gods... to defy who brought you back to life... ridiculous."
Midna clenched her fist at their disgusting words. But she knew how much power she contained, in herself... she would not be frightened. The Gods seemed to see her anger and frustration and went on to speak. "If you deny being ridiculous, why not give in to us? It'd be the smartest choice... none would die if you send the wretched Hybrids back, and this foolish Princess back." They all spoke, tilting their heads at once. "Hope will be your demise." They said. "And your demise will be our ailment, to bring Hyrule back to its glory days, to what it once was," they almost chuckled.
"If you do not agree, do not follow us, Ganondorf's words will ring true."

Link glared at them, ready to battle when the words echoed in his head.

'Do not think this ends here...

The history of light and shadow will be written in blood!'

Link kept an eye on Midna, ready to stop her if she charged too soon. She merely snorted. "Ha! Those words were a slip. You remember what happened to him. And what happened to you? You used to be well, righteous-"
"We are here to keep the peace, not follow your core values, beliefs. We keep everything balanced."

"And you don't think this will balance everything even more?!" Midna shouted. Link wanted to hide her, afraid that her courageous yelling would cause the Gods to strike at any moment.

"If you even think you can destroy us all- the power of an Everlasting Dawn- no one's ever been more wrong!"
She threw her arms out and her eyes widened angrily, fighting the evil light the Gods continued to bear.
They merely continued their humming sound, and Link then wondered if that would be the last sound they'd ever hear. The Gods bore their glances into them, and what they saw in the depths of their very souls, amused them. "Twilight has fallen into the warmth of Light, I see."

Midna ran, but Link caught her forearm, pulling her back. Somewhere in his head, he told her to wait. She listened. But only barely relaxed. The Gods beady eyes fell on the army behind them and seemed to be sizing them up. Their silence was lasting too long.

Link stared at them having no idea what would happen next. 

"Every single one of you," they stared again, "are things to be kicked aside. The entire world is what we want to save. After you're all gone, the world will be at peace once again, and it will all be cleansed."

Link's hands tightened and he was fuming, as Midna's muscles tensed under him. Ordona tilted its head, the one Link knew most. He never thought it would come to this.
Hundreds of guards were behind the Gods, and Link and Midna's breath caught.

"Wolf-" someone whispered. "What?" Link asked. He turned to Midna, and her eyebrows were raised high, staring off, and her red pupils glanced at him.
"Oh-!" he whispered.

"I don't know if we'll end up where we were before," Link said. "Midna, if we... if we lose each other again..." he stared to the ground, then made eye contact, locking their eyes when they spoke. "See you later," she whispered.
She said it with so much love, he wanted to kiss her again, but all they could do was smile, and fan the fire on their heart that'd been there since they'd laid eyes on each other. With a quick reassuring smile, Link and Midna remembered the face they were looking at for the rest of time, keeping it in their mind- in their heart.

He began to switch into a wolf, and Midna turned into an imp, looking like a beacon of light and hope to him. He did not cry out, for there was no pain, only pure hope, and love.

It was then clear to the Gods, something else was at play, as Imp Midna hopped on Wolf Link's back. As he ruffled his fur. Something about them shined with new gloss. A plate of armor with indents that shone blue and fell on Link's forehead. The presence of them was... again, too hopeful.
Link, Midna, the Master Sword, the Twilight Sword, Dawn... what this all was...

The Light Spirits could not begin to understand.

The war started as soon as Link leaped. Suddenly, the spirits turned into their own beast and cruel yellow eyes, met the crystal blue of Link's, the fierce ruby red of Midna's.
Midna's beast bared its teeth, urging the cowards to fight. A growl rose in Link's throat that he did not create, and it could only come out with his loudest bark yet. His claws glistened like they were the power of Dawn itself like he held it within each claw. The light monster gave a roar. 

Link hopped around the slice of its glowing claws, so nimble, with exact timing. The spirits may be big, but he was reminded in each laugh Midna breathed, that he was faster.
Soon, he was by its side and scurried up its hind leg like a stink bug up a tree back in Ordon. "Link, the neck! Use your maw!" Midna shouted, and overhead, he could
see her black and white hand pointing. Slipping and sliding up its long neck, Link jumped, and opened his maw-

But right as he landed, the Light Spirit rolled his body away and attempted to crush Link and Midna under its weight. Link would not allow this and jumped away.

He hid from it, not letting the stumbling monster see him, in a smart move. The raging fire that flickered in his soul, gave him every dodge of his paws he needed.
As the Spirit slowed, whipping its head around for Link, he ran and flew, jumping at its neck. Kicking, biting and clawing, this intermission, he went for its throat, growling wildly.

"Link, look out!" Midna cried, who was throwing balls of Dawn at the beast. Looking behind him, Link saw the beast was heading for the Mountain of Storms. The Light Spirits planned to crush the two between itself and the Mountain. 
Link shook off, his claw getting stuck. He bumped against the Mountain, too late, but was only slightly winded by the hit.
With a minor limp, he back up, growling and snapping his jaws at the light beast. He was confident- he'd gotten a bigger blow then the Gods had.

The Light Spirit backed up, and so did Link. He bared his lips in an angry growl. Charging at the beast, he jumped this way and that, until he finally found a way to dig his claws into it's rotten, evil flesh.

The Light Spirit rammed itself, over and over again and the Mountain of Storms, but Link knew it was only ruining itself more. It wailed loudly, when it realized, this time the small, foul animal would not release its hold, it's sharp teeth hurting more then it should. Ripping open at the body of the beast caused it to go into a blind rage.
Link went on, and Midna threw balls of the powerful energy, Dawn, at it. Every claw and tear made the beast yipe. Blood began to drip where Link came going at it.

As Link recognized this, he dug his teeth deeper and deeper into it's wound. It reared on two legs, and Link felt satisfaction he had brought it an extreme wound- this was easier then he thought. But he knew he could not keep holding on, and flipping off. Panting. 

He felt the floor vibrating with the war raging behind him, and thunder and lightning striking the entire world.

The Light Spirits flailing body kept Link from aiming at its gaping wound, and so he followed his instincts, and Midna's cries. 

He leaped for the throat. 

He landed.

In a matter of no time at all, Link had his maw chomping at its neck. Each bite, each claw, zapped its energy.
Midna gathered a huge ball of Dawn in her small hands and tossed it- the Light Spirit stopped moving.

It didn't move, and with a loud bang, it shook the earth, and slumped to the floor, right after Link backflipped off.

In bright light, Link turned human, and Midna into a Twilit. They stared at it... Was it dead? 
The warmth of the blood still filled Link's mouth and dripped on his face. Turning away, he spits it out. The rain pounded against them, washing it away.

Midna watched, unsure, as the body went limp. A clap of thunder shrieked around them, and the cries of war continued; though it did not shake them. It was odd to see the Gods so lifeless when there used to be so much power in them. Midna approached Link and a rock stabbed at her foot. She picked it up and tossed it at the body.

"Are you alright?" Midna asked, the rain beginning to lash down almost painfully. Link did not respond for several seconds, letting the rain cleanse the blood off of him.
"I'm... exhausted," Link sighed, almost laughing.
"Really? I wonder why." Midna giggled. "Must've been killing four Gods."

"Um," Midna began. Link looked to Midna. Were they safe? Was the entire world safe? If it was, he'd accomplished his mission. This was all he wanted. 
He stared at the ground, confused. Was this all?  

Suddenly, a haunting glow painted the floor. Slowly, Link and Midna looked up. The four Gods waited up there, on The Mountain of Storms, for the final battle. It was not on some whim he defeated them once though- he now understood he'd be able to very simply defeat them.

Staring up at their enemies no longer did Link need their ancient protection.

Their was nothing left to fear.


© 2020 Vertigo Cat1111


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Vertigo Cat1111
We're so clooose, and I'm so sad. A story I've worked on for 6 years, and it's on here for everyone to read... I just hope at least one person enjoyed it. All rights belong to Nintendo, besides my own things!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on October 27, 2020
Last Updated on October 27, 2020
Tags: Link. Midna. Zelda. Twilight Pri

Legend Of Twilight: Everlasting Dawn


Author

Vertigo Cat1111
Vertigo Cat1111

About
🐱💙My biggest writing inspirations are Lorde, Gabbie Hanna, and Phoebe Bridgers. If you like any of them feel free to talk to me about it! Never be afraid to go on tangents to talk abou.. more..

Writing