Chapter 11: Wrong

Chapter 11: Wrong

A Chapter by Vertigo Cat1111
"

Zelda watches over her own subjects, as the rain falls down, wondering where Link and Midna are- heartbreaking all the while.

"
The sky shone dark gray in Hyrule, the clouds plotting to roll over to new lands, but they were so strong, thick, and long, maybe they would never end. Maybe they would be able to loom over Hyrule and new lands. Well, new lands to some people. 
The citizens angrily pushed each other aside, forgetting all manners the ones who raised them taught. Most people were warm here, if not a bit cocksure. But now, all they wanted was to go shopping, or go home, instead of mingling. Few stood in the rain still picking out sweet and sweeter apples. Most actual sane people stood under something, keeping the rain from splashing on their head, more than it already had.
Where had this sudden storm come from?
As the clouds rolled, thunder crackled, and citizens rudely rushed in front of each other, Zelda sat upon her throne. Pondering... wishing, if you will.
Were the Princess and Hero alright? She wondered, getting up, and strolling to her balcony. It was raining, but a small roof up ahead, she knew, would keep the rain from hitting her head.
Should she have sent them escorts? A knight or two? No... after all, they were Link and Midna, she needed to calm down...
...'Link and Midna'...
The name echoed in her mind. The two of them.
It hurt... sometimes she would feel small sparks of hope, but they would go as quickly as they came, crushed with the unvarnished truth. She held no grudge against Midna... no... for she did not blame her for having a perfectly sculpted face and body. Thick orange hair and sharp bright, red eyes. No, because Zelda had more, she thought, if not better. Bright pretty, blue eyes, brown thick hair, and she was miraculously fit.
The Princess sighed.
It was their minds at war.
Zelda remembered Link's reaction when Midna broke the Mirror. How he had fallen to his knees, jaw agape, as he seemingly blinked away his tears. His breaths coming in gasps. It was all too easy to remember. The poor thing.
Her own reaction- well- it was of lesser grief, though, only because she knew it wasn't over. Of course, it wasn't. Maybe Link DIDN'T know, but the only reason why she'd say maybe, was because, through his grief, she knew he could feel it. Because the tension never broke with the glass, fading away forever, rolling into nothingness with the sand. No, everything had its own purpose. It hung there, stayed. 
Like her feelings for Link.
And whatever was between him and Midna. 
Yes, she was sure people would write their stories about the Hero and The Princess. About how once he'd rescued her, they'd fallen deeply, madly in love...
But they were writing about the wrong Princess. Zelda exited the room, in which she was possessed, Midna sacrificed herself, and Link fought bravely, and so did Midna, alongside each other. When Ganondorf ruled.
Ah, yes, when the castle had crumbled and collapsed and thundered, and Zelda had ridden upon Epona with her hero, was when she had had the biggest flare of hope in her chest and heart, that maybe they could... BE something. Yes, it may seem sick and wicked, unrighteous, but... she did know feel a bit in her heart at the time, Midna wasn't dead. It was quite nearly as strong as when Midna supposedly 'left'. But it was a tinge, a tinge of something real. 
Zelda stared outside, sharp blue eyes shining through the dark of the day, and if anyone was to look up, those orbs would most likely startle anyone, from a child to the bravest swordsman, to a feral cat. Mostly because... they were impossibly sad looking.
'You remembered my name! How lucky for me!'
Yes, she admitted as Midna's voice echoed in her head, there were times she resented the Twilight Princess. For, it was true that she didn't think she could ever truly look the other Princess in the eyes. And Midna had something Zelda didn't, and could never have, she realized, heart fracturing like that accursed fixed mirror once did.
And Zelda did find something, quite... maybe- vexatious about Midna. 
It wasn't her, nor Ilia. Maybe it'd hurt less if it was Ilia because that was the choice that made more sense over the farmboy going out of his way for a twilight creature. She found herself sneering, a bit barbarous of her she found, even if she wasn't the most finicky royalty ever, and she stopped.
No, she thought, watching the running pedestrians go insane like ants under the rain, feeling a bit of uncharacteristic anger- no, RAGE- filling her heart.
It wasn't her, nor the easy Ilia, who so obviously longed and desired for the boy. No, it had to be the forbidden one, leaving history in their wake, danger pouncing at them at each corner.
It just had to be the most inconvienent battle, didn't it?


© 2020 Vertigo Cat1111


Author's Note

Vertigo Cat1111
Poor Zelda. ): Unrequited love, ughhhhh. All rights belong to Nintendo, and please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on September 25, 2020
Last Updated on September 25, 2020
Tags: Link. Midna. Zelda. Twilight Pri

Legend Of Twilight: Everlasting Dawn


Author

Vertigo Cat1111
Vertigo Cat1111

About
🐱💙My biggest writing inspirations are Lorde, Gabbie Hanna, and Phoebe Bridgers. If you like any of them feel free to talk to me about it! Never be afraid to go on tangents to talk abou.. more..

Writing