Chapter 18: Guardian

Chapter 18: Guardian

A Chapter by Vertigo Cat1111
"

Midna has found Link again, and though obviously injured, something else is wrong. Something odd.

"
Midna shivered, staring at Link, and his bandaged wound. She had reluctantly, yet wantingly cleaned it up as best as she could, and wrapped it up. She was still nervous about it getting infected, but he generally seemed okay...
Besides not waking up yet...

She had checked, and yes, he was breathing fine, and his heart kept on beating, but she was almost sure he had some sort of cold, or flu. He would every now and then sniffle, and whimper, vand he was still very often breaking out in cold sweats. He would even shiver, even though most of the time he felt warm. In all honesty, she wasn't afraid of catching his cold, even though she was most likely prone to. 

She was unsure of even the time, but when she peeked outside, she could see they were just as close as they had been to the Mountain Of Storms. It loomed over them, and thought Midna was unsure of the direction they were in now, or how far they were from the accursed bridge, she thanked her lucky stars she had been able to warp them in a safe spot, somehow.

Sighing, she crawled over to Link again, placing her tiny hand on his forehead for the billionth time. He now felt cold, and she could hear his teeth clattering from shivering. Moving over to his bags she'd taken off of him, along with his hat and sword and shield, she opened it up.

Unclasping it, she immediately found the rug/blankets Link had so sneakily stolen from the Zorgon rooms. It made her smile, as she hovered over to him, carrying the light, gray-blue blanket. Maybe she really has rubbed off on him.

Midna laid it across his shivering body, then sat back and continued to watch him, clasping back his bag. 

Sighing sadly, and worryingly, she looked over to his hat and reached out for it. Being a bit too far, and petite, she had to scooch over a bit to catch it within her grasp.

Midna pulled it to her and laid her cheek on it. Her eyes began to well up with more tears, once again, and the imp attempted to blink the cursed things away. Her eyes felt sore, and she decided she'd shamefully broken down way too much, in the past 24 hours. She took her own heavy helmet off and placed Link's hat atop. It fell off, too small for her big and wobbly head.

Using twilit magic, she grew it to a bigger size, large enough for her own head and fit it in snugly. She couldn't blame Link why he didn't like it coming off. It definitely kept her hair back, even though it was always rather simply back. 

And even though it was probably worn by generations of other people, it was extremely comfortable.
Was it? Or was it new? She'd ask Link when he... wakes up.

Sitting across from him, she sadly and painfully squinted. In some way, she found herself afraid to be near him, even if she'd been consistently taking care of him and checking on him. Midna was just simply afraid how much she was hovering over her sick friend, and that'd it'd somehow make him worse.
 
An angry screech from the sky made Midna jump in alarm. She looked up and saw several crows flying circling around, but they were far away.

The sight, still, gave Midna the chills, and she scooted closer to Link. The little imp was NOT letting anything come to eat away at Link, with their stupid little beady eyes, and pointy beaks.

She snarled angrily at the birds, as she grabbed a washcloth for Link's forehead. Hovering over to the exit of the cave, she was sure not to let the blackbirds see her, and Midna dunked the cloth in. Squeezing it, she let the droplets fall out at her teeny feet until it wasn't dripping wet. 

Midna wobbled over, and sighed, as she gently dabbed it on Link's head, who merely groaned. Why hadn't he woken up? He couldn't be in a coma, surely...

Since Midna was so close to his face, she found herself having to admit, (even though she hated too) Link was a very, very attractive young, and still single, a fact Midna found both good(?) and infuriating.

She knew more then one person had shown interest in becoming ever so closer, to the boy- who was she kidding, he was a man now. Chaos and destiny had made him a swordsman, not a farmer boy, any longer.

But, Link had never returned any affection from any of the desperate people. It made Midna wonder... 

Why had he specifically went out of his way to get her back? She wished she could find another reason in her head, why Link had fixed the Mirror, but he had specifically told her, he had done it too be with her again. It made her heart shatter. She missed him already. 

Midna knew no matter how unconsciously popular he was with the singles, (or even people who were taken) the hero's sense of naiveness shocked her at times. In a way, Midna knew he could never truly settle down. Sure, he would marry, and probably have children, if he liked to (which he had told Midna, he would want children one day) but he, and maybe even his spouse would always be out on some quest.

No matter how much he loved and cared for someone, his heart always longed for adventure far too much to stay put as a house-dad, for long. It was a fact that stirred something strong within Midna. 

If he most likely had to have someone who would go on with him on his quests... who else would go but-?
No, she shook her head.

Midna was tired now and certainly did not feel like thinking about Link's love life. Gross. She grabbed her own blanket and wrapped herself around it. Midna closed 
her ruby red eyes, and gave in to sweet, satisfying sleep...

...

Her dreams were confusing and fast, each part of scenes that didn't make sense together. Everything even seemed fast-forwarded. First, she was fishing with Hena, like the young girl knew her, as they talked about biscuits, but was suddenly in the sky with plenty of loud and chattering Oocoos. 

Then a giant flaming rock fell atop of her, with glowing purple eyes. Right when she thought she'd died, Midna found herself in Kakariko, at night, hiding from several scary imps. Then she found herself saving the Ordon children, standing on pyramids, while redeads attempted to grab her. 

Then, she found herself in Hyrule field at night. It seemed rather peaceful, but the trees and bumps, hills and rises, she knew by heart were all... rather jumbled. She thought she heard a noise, and when she turned around, she saw the lazy doctor from Castle Town, chasing her, screaming!

Panicking, Midna ran for it.

...

Midna launched upwards, awake and gasping heavily. Geez, what weird dreams. Was she sick also? But Midna was fully aware she felt fine until she looked over at shivering and shaking Link. Gasping, she hurried over, to feel his head was damp, yet cold. 

She tossed her own blanket on him, unsure of what to do. It was one of the only times Midna felt completely and utterly helpless. Dizziness and fear overwhelmed her, and she felt like crying. What could she do...? 

Her foot slid back and bumped into a satchel, where she felt something heavy roll around.
She gasped so loudly, she was afraid she'd scared Link. But no movement from him. Excitedly, she turned around and opened the bag she'd just kicked. And in the back of it, was some Red Chu. 

"Ah-ha!" Midna gasped and grinned excitedly. But as the princess turned to Link, worry evermore filled her very being. Hopefully, it was enough to help some.
Sighing, she began to attempt to push Link up, just enough, he wouldn't choke on the potion. He was heavy, but the thought reminded Midna, she had to keep feeding him, or else he'll become critically underweight.

Slouching up the poor boy just enough, she unscrewed the sponge on the red liquid. She tilted the weak boy to swallow all of the red liquid.

He drank it and it was fast.

Midna wanted to cry, because it didn't seem to make a single dent in his sickness.


© 2020 Vertigo Cat1111


Author's Note

Vertigo Cat1111
I hope Link is okay. (but I do know if he is or not and I'LL NEVER TELL YOU. HEHE) And the dream segment with Midna, well, some of them are based on my own weird, weird dreams, lol. Oh, and if you've played Twilight Princess and get the reference with the rock with glowing purple eyes, YOU'VE PROBABLY PLAYED IT AS MUCH AS ME. Which is.... a lot.
All rights belong to Nintendo!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on October 6, 2020
Last Updated on October 6, 2020
Tags: Link. Midna. Zelda. Twilight Pri

Legend Of Twilight: Everlasting Dawn


Author

Vertigo Cat1111
Vertigo Cat1111

About
🐱💙My biggest writing inspirations are Lorde, Gabbie Hanna, and Phoebe Bridgers. If you like any of them feel free to talk to me about it! Never be afraid to go on tangents to talk abou.. more..

Writing