Chapter 40: Everything's Made To Be Broken

Chapter 40: Everything's Made To Be Broken

A Chapter by Vertigo Cat1111
"

It seems that history was made to repeat itself, and it can be the only thing left to do, to find the future.

"
Lighting lit up the world. The rain that'd been longing to fall since the beginning of time, fell. 
A sickening amount of lifeless bodies scattered the field, though no one knew who was who, they mostly seemed like Hyrule Guards. But the rain washed the pain away, and the heavy winds flushed away from the right of evil. Raging yells clapped through the air.
A guard charged toward Ashei and Harold jumped in the way, with Yeto and Yeta, and he grabbed it, throwing it across the lands. "YEAH!" he cheered, rather bloodthirsty. He tossed people away like they were dummies. Ashei gave him a thumbs-up, and ran off, sweat pouring from her.
She nearly bumped into Rusl, who rode a horse, feeling sick as he rode over corpses, no matter what side they belonged to. Looking around, he spotted Shad. "Rusl!" he called. Rusl rode over.
"What is it?" he yelled over the war. Shad shakingly pointed to a body that was bleeding out- Auru.
"A-Auru... Auru..." he said, feeling ill. Alarm struck him. What could he do? Turning to Shad he asked, "where are Link and Midna?" Rusl asked, quickly.
"Fighting as a beast is how I last saw them," he said, pointing to the ginormous base of the Mountain of Storms.
Telma ran over. "Are you alriht?" tossing her head around, she asked, "Where are Link and Midna, honey?" 
Terror began wrenching at Rusl's heart. Were they losing? He looked for green, and glowing blue, against all the bodies, but found nothing.
Hurrying over to Auru now, he knelt down. "Auru- are you alright?" he asked. Auru smiled at him.
Terror wrenched Rusl's heart. His smile spoke of a goodbye. "Auru... Auru, no you can't go."
For all the times Rusl was a mentor towards Link, Auru had been a mentor to Rusl. He was the only person who'd ever made Rusl feel young and lively again. With every shaking heartbeat, he saw the life fading from the older man's eyes. "Auru, we're still fighting, and you're still such a big part of this... Auru..."
Rusl looked around for any telltale green, any glowing orange, but he found none. No one was here to help.
"Rusl... you must know you were like a son to me, in the short time we knew each other." He smiled at Rusl, who swallowed fearfully. He felt gutted. "And we did so much... without us... any of us, this wouldn't have been possible. Don't be sad. You're just losing my life for thousands and thousands of others. But it's okay to grieve, but make sure you win too." he smiled. Rusl's hands were shaking, and warm tears rolled down his face, a sensation he hadn't felt since such a long time.
"Do not be sad for me... I was apart of so much." Auru slowly closed his eyes.
Rusl bowed his head and prayed Auru was right as tears streamed down.
The world continued turning, and it felt wrong.
------
The Gods made their familiar humming sound as they glared down at the rats Hyrule and Stormsky dared to call heroes. They weren't heroes. They were traitors, lost children, fumbling. Looking for the meaning of life. Somehow, the Goddess' had picked these fools- what a cruel, sick and twisted joke.
They would be crushed, into nothing. Shatter their spirit, ruin their souls, and drag their ruins from here to the other side of the earth. History was written by the righteous, and they would smash them to bits before they got a chance to put a hand on paper.
After today, no one would speak their names, in shame. The coming dawn meant a new start- that was all theirs.
Link and Midna gazed up at their enemies glaring, and they seemed so puny.
"Let's see how you all bow before us," The Gods spat. 
Midna stood tall. "We will never ever bow to you. No one will if they know right from wrong."
The rebellion in them struck a furious chord in the Light Spirits. Link held tightly onto the bottom of the Master Sword, and they both took a slow step forward.
"You may have traditional clothes," bellowed the Gods. "Powerful swords, but we told you- this slices right through us like we are mere air. We will end this dawn forever, an Everlasting Midnight."
Link would not give up because of these tough words. He felt the energy of everyone around them. Rusl, his real father, Uli, his mother, the kids, his apprentices, Renado, a master, the Gorons, powerful, the Zoras, quick, the Hybrids, determined, the Yetis, clumsy but true and Midna-
His partner forever.
Everything Link had done, chosen, he would encourage them all to fight their fears- 
And he had done that.
They may be all-powerful, but it was not a time for games, and it was time to break the invincible.
Suddenly, the Gods disappeared, and Link looked around and faced Midna- where had they gone?
Out of nowhere, with a loud bang of thunder, they were high up off the ground, and they realized, the Gods were bringing them high into the world, above everything. 
Link shouted and Midna gasped. "Is this what you choose of us?" Link yelled, "to die saving each other?"
A voice echoed. "If you allow it..."
Link panicked- no way to fight, no method of attack, how could they do this? He wondered as they flew up higher and higher.
In the silence, away from the war, Midna turned to Link. She breathed in- 
And spoke. It was Link's exact courage in her deep words. She placed her hand on his cheek as she had once before. "Link, you've given everything to me, to my world. You've fought for me, bled." Midna couldn't find her words. "I just... love you."
All she could muster was, "I've always been here- I'll always be here."
"Link, you're the Chosen Hero. I never was. I'm just a princess."
If this was the only way to save Hyrule, this was it. 
Filling herself, with the power of Dawn, Link stared in shock, confused.
'And I don't want the world to see me'
He realized what she was going to do, her plan all along. Her fused shadows once again circled her frame. The world began spinning faster than ever, yet not moving at all. Words caught in his throat, things to scream. He was being strangled, could not breathe. Gasps struggled around in his mouth. With a hand, he reached for her, but with her paralyzing Dawn, he could only stare, wide-eyed.
There was nothing to say, no, only one, single thing. She could see the infinite hurt in him, and she gathered her last bit of strenght to say something that might make him feel better.
Whatever happened, he would be alive in the next dawn, and that's all that mattered to Midna.
Quicker then a flash, Midna began to fall, and the Gods began to evaporate under the powerful light of Dawn. A look of concentration on her face, twilight bits began to warp him. She had killed the Gods, saved him- at what cost? It was forever frozen in his soul, seeing her soft smile and she fell.
He began to scream and reach out but he heard nothing- all he heard was Midna say one last time-
"See you later."


© 2020 Vertigo Cat1111


Author's Note

Vertigo Cat1111
HAH, CALL BACK. I know, sad, but you gotta see what happens next! All rights belong to Nintendo, besides my own stuff, and get ready for the last chapter, then the Epilogue!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on October 28, 2020
Last Updated on October 28, 2020
Tags: Link. Midna. Zelda. Twilight Pri

Legend Of Twilight: Everlasting Dawn


Author

Vertigo Cat1111
Vertigo Cat1111

About
🐱💙My biggest writing inspirations are Lorde, Gabbie Hanna, and Phoebe Bridgers. If you like any of them feel free to talk to me about it! Never be afraid to go on tangents to talk abou.. more..

Writing