Epilogue: Faraway

Epilogue: Faraway

A Chapter by Vertigo Cat1111
"

Peace has finally settled over Hyrule... but where is everyone/

"
Zelda continued to finish Hyrule Castle, with extra touches after the battle with Ravana.
The children returned to Ordon, but consistently visit their friends in Kakariko.

Uli named her baby girl, after Midna, much to Rusl's relief.

Auru passed away, due to wounds, but watches on.
Link and Midna continue to venture on.

Harold is now adopted by Yeto and Yeta.

-------
Midna stood, confused about her kingdom. Where could she go? She didn't want to force her Twili to live here, but what else could she do?

Suddenly, a great rumbling came. Looking around, Midna was confused. Link chuckled.
"What're you laughing at?" she snapped. "Is this an earthquake?"
Link shook his head, and suddenly, her castle from her realm fell from the sky and interlocked with Hyrule Castle. Midna laughed loudly. 

As of recent, Zelda had decided to become more of an explorer but would watch their castle she gave to Link and Midna. The Resistance was about an entire family.

It was time to ride the next dawn.

----
As the seasons went on, as the lightning thundered, and as the rain fell, and the sun shone, so did everyone. Children grew up, holidays came and went,

None of the villagers thought Link would ever return. He still visited, but the last time he had truly said goodbye to them was for Auru's funeral, who everyone was heartbroken over. Plenty of soldiers had died alongside with him, and for that, for giving up their own life for the sake of the future, everyone thanked them.

A little girl waddled over to her mother, smiling, only the age of five years old. "Mama," it cooed, "why does everyone talk about a hero?"

Uli chuckled, putting her clothes on the drying rack. "Oh, Midna, I've told you this story, so many times," she chuckled, "more times I can count on one hand, you know?"

"Aw, can't you tell me again? You know I love stories!"

The blonde mother smiled, walking over to her child. It was such a long story, no matter how she told it, especially if she accidentally left out parts, she'd tell her to say them, but the young girl never, ever got tired of the story. It was so amazing and inspiring to her. And Uli knew one day she'd tell the story to her children, keeping the legend on forevermore. So long as Uli continued to tell it.

And besides, Link would come back to tell her himself, one day.

-----------

Zelda smiled. It was thanks to Link and Midna they saved the world and freedom.

She dragged her soft hands along the new tiles, thankful the black cloudiness had left, and ever more thankful that Ravana had not destroyed more of the castle than the lightning strike no one had any power of.

Zelda turned to the Resistance. "We're stronger" she said proudly.

She thought of the two legends then, thought of her slender strong face, his brave one.

He never really loved her, but it was as if he almost had, and maybe would in another life. She knew in her heart, that was wrong, and Link had found the one he'd live with for all of his next lives, but her and Link still shared something special no one could take away, besides herself. Even in the sadness in her, she knew that was the truth. His memory would warm her in the rainest of days.

There was someone out there for her, that would make Link the mere friend she had hoped he could be.

She knew Link and Midna were out there, talking across every dawn. No one knew when they would see them again, but it was always a treat. Maybe next holiday, summer, or spring, whenever. Years, months, weeks... But they knew they would see them again- because as they always said-

'See you later' and, 'IOne day.'

They had been faraway for far too long... and now, they could face each storm, each dawn.

For they were legends.

No- They were Link and Midna.


                                                                                                            The End


© 2020 Vertigo Cat1111


Author's Note

Vertigo Cat1111
If you read this and didn't even comment, thank you so much. I put my heart into this story for 4 years, and seeing the ending of Twilight Princess for the first time, broke my heart! So I did what I could... if it wasn't for TP, I wouldn't be the writer I am now, so thank you for any support. All rights belong to Nintendo, besides my own things, and check out Stephonika W. Kaye's novelization of the original game! It was a huge inspiration. There's so much more to say, but for now, I hope you enjoy my next story, an original one; We All Have A Story To Tell!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on October 30, 2020
Last Updated on October 30, 2020
Tags: Link. Midna. Zelda. Twilight Pri

Legend Of Twilight: Everlasting Dawn


Author

Vertigo Cat1111
Vertigo Cat1111

About
🐱💙My biggest writing inspirations are Lorde, Gabbie Hanna, and Phoebe Bridgers. If you like any of them feel free to talk to me about it! Never be afraid to go on tangents to talk abou.. more..

Writing