Chapter 37: Keep Holding On

Chapter 37: Keep Holding On

A Chapter by Vertigo Cat1111
"

The time is nearing, and the only thing the Resistance has is each other, to fight for Link and Midna's love. But is it enough?

"
Time was drawing near.
Link for a long time knew only the feeling of hidden fear, but now it was finally rising to the surface, and he wondered if he was truly insane.
The wind blew in his face, the world gripped at him, and hope shook his mind.
Many thoughts flew through Link's mind, but he wasn't giving in to unnecessary fear. True, he was soon going to be facing God
The gusts made him flinch just then and he heard Midna yelp. As, but he had Midna by his side- and that was all that mattered. A book had flown and hit her large head. "Ow!" She yipped. Link chuckled inwardly, careful not to let the imp see his amusement.
Even in such a dark hour, his imp friend could always find a way to put a smile on his face, make him laugh.
Angrily pushing the book off, Link dropped his smile. She examined the book for a moment, a look of concentration on her face, then threw it down. "Link, we're gonna do it!" she grinned. "It looks like we could maybe fight Ravana now- you and I."
Link nodded and knew he and Midna could take on the knight themselves, and save the rest of the Resistance for the Gods.
Even though he had nodded, he was still silent, and Midna looked up at him. "Hey, Link."
Link looked down at her, and had to catch is breath. If anything happened to her, he wouldn't...
Midna seemed to understand. She hovered up to his shoulder and rested her head on it. "We should probably make sure we know what we're doing," she joked, now juggling the quite rude book that had slammed into her face. "I'm sure we'll be okay."
Link managed to meet her gaze and decided to say it. "Midna, there's something I'm confused about," He said seriously.
Midna tilted her head. "What is it, friendo?" she asked, her tiny fingers laying upon his shoulders.
"Well..." he paused sighing. "...Ravana broke my shield, you know that-" "NOW, I do," she said disapprovingly. Link chuckled nervously, ruffling the back of his hair. "Right... but I never told you how he did it..." Link went silent for a few seconds. They were able to find a new shield, but would it be enough to fight?
"Midna, he used some sort of dark, power."
"Dark power-What do you mean?" she asked.
He shrugged. "It came from his hand Midna, like he harnessed something- if he has that, and Zant didn't want me because I harnessed t-too much l-light-" he began, stuttering... "Think of what we could do together."
"Together?" Midna said, in almost a whisper. "Together, I- What?" she said, and sounded utterly confused.
"Midna, what if I have something he has? And you have the Twilight, and I-"
The imp shook her head vigorously. "Maybe so Link, but, there's no time to practice. Like, at all."
Link's shoulders slumped. "I know, I know, It was just an idea."
Midna smiled gently at him. "Yeah, it was a great idea. I just wish you could've gotten it quite a bit sooner," she teased.
Link couldn't help but chuckle with her. "But Midna- there's something else," he said, unsure of what she was going to do. "What's up?" she asked.
He pulled something from his back- the Ordon shield. "Midna, this is yours."
"Link, I-" she began confused, raising an eyebrow. "Remember? This was originally going to be yours?" he began to chuckle. "But you thought it was too weak- do you remember that?" he asked with a smiled.
Taking it in her small hands, she grinned slightly. "I-I do remember that... But Link," she suddenly looked up at him. "Are- are you sure?" she asked, eye wide.
Link nodded. "Never surer."
She deserved it, he knew. Because-
Sometimes, the little imp was too honest.
-----
Link and Midna strapped their horses in for the ride to Castle Town. All of the Resistance were behind them, cheering them, sending good wishes.
"Take care, please!" Uli begged. "And save the world!" Talo cheered.
Beth shoved the younger boy. "After they kill Ravano, it's not even over, you doofus!" she yelled. "Uh, uh! Careful!" Harold called, holding Yeto and Yeta like they were babies, who were also both waving.
Even with all the pain in his heart as he willed them all to lived, everything felt hopeful. Gray clouds swarmed the skies like they always had been, as of recent.
However though the atmosphere was wishful, a kind of fear and foreboding crept into the Village. Uncertainty began to grow in Link, and he felt as if he was breathing in the cold darkness.
He set aside these unnerved emotions and smiled at Midna; no one knew if they would come back, but he was pleasantly shocked she was smiling so warmly at him. Her red eyes glowed with love.
"We should get going," it was less of a demand and more of a suggestion though. He realized she was staring ahead, out of Kakariko Village, and at Hyrule Castle.
"Alright, but be safe!" Go Coron yelled.
Suddenly, Harold looked up and gasped. There was something, falling slowly from the sky, followed by many, many others. About- maybe hundreds.
A human seemed to be falling with them.
"OH NO!" Beth cried. "It's RAVANO!"
But, poor frightened Beth was incorrect, It was Shad merely coming back from his travels. As all the Ooccoos fell, they bowed slightly, and the grin on Shad's face was huge. "Hello!" He called loudly and happily.
"Hey, Shad, " Link smiled, nodding at the young man. "How was it?"
"Oh, well, you wouldn't believe it! It was rather fantastic, the birds talked to me, and I talked to them and gave me a tour, and showed me what they ate and- LOOK!" He cried out suddenly. He held up a third Clawshot. "I found another one of these! I went a rather different route you did, Link."
"Well, then keep it," Link told him, as Shad handed Link his own Clawshot back. Shad's eyes grew wide. "Y-you're serious?"
The Hylian shrugged. "I don't see why not."
Shad bounced off and started to do some form of a celebration dance. "We really oughta go," Midna spoke up in a low voice. Link looked at her and nodded.
Getting their horses ready, they waved goodbye to everyone. With their plan set, Link smiled at his real family. It was time to focus on the mission, but he found he would miss them all. He prayed to see them again.
But his mind made up, Link rode after Midna. They were the only thing holding each other together.


© 2020 Vertigo Cat1111


Author's Note

Vertigo Cat1111
The end of Arc 2! All is left is the final battle and... then I can post my original stories!! Please tell me what you think, and all rights belong to Nintendo besides my own stuff!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on October 26, 2020
Last Updated on October 26, 2020
Tags: Link. Midna. Zelda. Twilight Pri

Legend Of Twilight: Everlasting Dawn


Author

Vertigo Cat1111
Vertigo Cat1111

About
🐱💙My biggest writing inspirations are Lorde, Gabbie Hanna, and Phoebe Bridgers. If you like any of them feel free to talk to me about it! Never be afraid to go on tangents to talk abou.. more..

Writing