Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

The hunt for the human killers and Wolf Person traitor moves into the Human World.

"

    Everyone was eager to cross the veil into the Human World to kill humans. We all had the scent of the humans who had entered our world and killed some of ours. Plus the scent of the traitor.

    We stood at the exact location where the humans and the traitor had crossed back into the Human World.

    We all knew what we were to do. And all waited eagerly and impatiently for their turn to cross.

    Mr. Black and Mr. Stonevalley went through the misty grey veil. Then I stepped forward and Cerise did also at the same time.

    We glanced at each other. Cerise smiled at me. I smiled back.

    Then we stepped into the misty grey veil. And came out on the other side.

    Where it had been dark, warm, damp and shadowy it now was bright with sunlight, hot and loud.

    We had come across into an urban park in a very busy section of a large city. I guessed a downtown area.

    Not very far from where I was standing along with Mr. Black, Mr. Stonevalley and Cerise was a busy street with four lanes of traffic on it, two lanes going in each direction. Old buildings rivaled with huge glass and stone skyscrapers that raced upward toward the sky and reflected the sunlight back onto the urban landscape.

    There were a large number of humans walking along the sidewalk, going in two different directions. Along with the walkers were bike riders, joggers and strollers.

    And the noise level was high.

    Some human nearby was playing music of some sort, a street performer, with a guitar and a horn.

    As we stood there a public transportation vehicle went roaring by amongst the cars, another one came roaring by behind it.

    The air smelled foul. It stank of too many humans, of garbage and toxins in the air.

    Mr. Forest made disgusting sounds. One of the Wolf People from Mr. Stonevalley's pack said, “I’m with you there.”

    Everyone had passed through the veil by then.

    “How do we hunt in this? The trail will be long destroyed by now.” said one of the Wolf People from the other Pack.

    “Not so.” said Mr. Black. “I’ve hunted in such human urban environments many times. It can be done. And easily.”

    “Mr. Black is right. It can easily be done if we focus. Concentrate on the scent. There are four humans and one Wolf Person we’re after. And they all stood where we are around 24 hours ago.” said Mr. Stonevalley.

    He was right. I caught the scent I already had learned while still in the Wolf People world. Those four human scents did stand out despite all the humans walking about in this urban park.

    “I can smell them.” I said excitedly, eager to catch up to these humans and kill them. And eat them. And lap up their blood.

    I shivered with the remembered delight in it.

    We were all eager to do just more than kill these humans who dared kill our people. We all wanted to feast on them.

    Just glancing around at everyone I could see it in their eyes. And I knew they could see it in my eyes when they looked at me.

    “These humans went off in two different directions.” Mr. Black said.

   “We’ll break apart in two hunting parties.” Mr. Stonevalley said.

    And it was obvious who would be going with whom.

    Mr. Black would lead his own Pack Members beyond this point, Mr. Stonevalley his.

    “I’ll take this route. Two of the human killers went this way.” Mr. Black said.  I went and stood close to him. He put his arm around my waist. Mr. Brown and Mr. Forest stood by him as well.

    Cerise went and stood close to her mate. And the other Wolf People stood by their Pack Leader.

    They would hunt the human killers who’d gone into the heart of the downtown area of this large city.

    I also noticed the traitor went with the humans Mr. Black had chosen to hunt down. We’d have the honor of bringing the traitor back. It seemed Mr. Stonevalley didn’t mind.

    Another piece of evidence Wolf People were more peaceful than violent.

    But I didn’t linger over it in wonder. My mind was focused on the hunt.

    We parted ways then. Mr. Stonevalley and his group headed toward the busy four lane street and we turned and went deeper into the urban park. At this point we all took from our pockets sunglasses and put them on to conceal our eyes from the human population. We could pass as humans easily except for our eyes.

    It had been my seeing Mr. Black’s eyes so long ago that had started my journey on becoming a Wolf Person.

    The urban park was a wide expanse of green lawn with various statues and working fountains scattered about in it.

    Trees grew in the park at evenly spaced intervals. Cement paths wound through the park which bikers, skate boarders, walkers and joggers all used. Wrought iron benches were set out along these paths. This park went quite a ways off into the distance.

    The scent we followed was strong. The two humans and the traitor we were following had recently passed here in the last 24 hours.

    A flock of pigeons flew over head, their wings making loud slapping sounds. They landed not far away from us on the pavement making cooing sounds.

    We passed walkers and joggers. We passed people walking dogs. The dogs always took one look at us, one sniff of our scent and they broke out into hysterical barking, warning their humans’ death was at hand.

    The humans always ignored their dogs, yelled at them, hit them sometimes and apologized to us for their dogs’ rude behavior.

    I smirked. We all looked at the humans with hungry eyes and lethal desires. Their dogs were only trying to warn them of imminent danger.

    “Stupid humans.” Grinned Mr. Forest.

    We all laughed. But we were hunting two particular humans so we left the stupid ones alone.

    Mr. Black led the way and we walked right along with him as we crossed this urban park. The sunlight was bright. It was something we weren’t use to but we quickly adapted. The sunglasses helped with that. And we adapted as well to the toxic air.

    Our immortality would quickly and rapidly heal any damage being in this populated human world did to our bodies, even down to the smallest cellular and DNA level.

   We would emerge unharmed from our time here.

    The park came to an end and before us was a business, condo and apartment section of the town. It was a real new and real nice looking business and residential area. An upper class neighborhood.

     Our victims went in this direction so we did as well. Flowers hung in pots from old fashioned looking light posts, flowers grew in flower beds in front of stores and cafes and in front of fancy looking condos and apartment buildings. These apartments and condos were ones that you had to have a key to gain access to or be buzzed in.

    Our human killers and traitor had gone into one of these apartment buildings. We easily and quickly followed their scent to the apartment building where they had gone to. And that was the building we all approached now. Our human prey and Wolf Person traitor were now within our grasp.

   

   

 



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm sure I have said this before but I'll say it again, the way you tell your story you help create the picture in the readers mind. As I was reading I felt like I was watching this all go down. The detail you describe and the imagery you create is just wonderful. I like how the story is progressing. I also liked the fact that they are among humans yet the humans have no clue but their dogs do. Dogs and animals in general are smarter then we think. Can't wait to read more especially to find out who the traitor is.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The Human World seems loud, dirty and just too crowded compared to the Wolf People's World. I'm thinking they will be successful in their efforts. Fascinating story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Back in the Human World. Hope they get the human killers and traitor.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm sure I have said this before but I'll say it again, the way you tell your story you help create the picture in the readers mind. As I was reading I felt like I was watching this all go down. The detail you describe and the imagery you create is just wonderful. I like how the story is progressing. I also liked the fact that they are among humans yet the humans have no clue but their dogs do. Dogs and animals in general are smarter then we think. Can't wait to read more especially to find out who the traitor is.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Story is amazing. I have Ojibwa land up north in the Upper Michigan. I have a large pack of Wolfs. The land is their land. It is amazing how organize a pack can be. Thank you for the story.
Coyote


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this chapter alot. Especailly the descriptions of the flowers. I like flowers of all kinds. This is a wonderful write here full of imagery and wonderful detail.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

579 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2009
Last Updated on December 15, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memory Memory

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Old Oak Old Oak

A Poem by Tate Morgan